Under Remender's Pen

#1 Posted by Joygirl (18729 posts) - - Show Bio

Never got into Red Hulk or really knew much about him. Just read Circle of Four as an attempt to introduce myself to some new characters who were of interest to me -- I actually really loved Remender's Ross. Is he always written that way, or usually written badly? If the former I don't see the hate, he was pretty cool.

#2 Posted by ogg927 (135 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoyed Jeph Loeb's run on Red Hulk. However he annoyed some fans with actions like Red Hulk hitting Uatu the Watcher. When Rulk first appeared he was the antagonist. The people that hate Rulk are the ones who stopped reading the book. They missed all the personal growth into a anti-hero. It was further developed in Jeff Parker's run which was amazing IMO. For an indepth look check out the video.

http://blip.tv/ifanboy/red-hulk-ifanboy-4198046

#3 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17333 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know what Rememder could have done with him, i'll admit he is NOT the best writers, but when he gets his A-game on he can sure as hell write awesomely, so i think we'd go the same way he has gone with Venom or captain america. In fact I'd say it would be a mix , Remender would do some very cool things with him, explore him psychologically and put him to the test as a GENERAL or a soldier, either way, i would have been at least a billion time better than Way's Thunderbolts, Rulk hasn't been written that badly since loeb, in fact, Jeph did a way better job than way is doing now, and thats saying a lot.

#4 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Did you read Jeff Parker's run with Red Hulk. That was some really great character development.

#5 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17333 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Did you read Jeff Parker's run with Red Hulk. That was some really great character development.

i did. it was awesome

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.