Follow

Thunderbolt Ross

Character » Thunderbolt Ross appears in 1614 issues.

Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross is former U.S. military general. He is father of Bruce Banner's love Betty Ross and was archenemy of the Incredible Hulk. Ross made a deal with villains to be transformed into a Hulk himself. As the ruthless and cunning Red Hulk, he attempted to destroy his nemesis and take control of the country before seeking redemption as an Avenger. After leaving the team, he formed his own group of Thunderbolts with other Anti-Heroes. He was recently depowered by Doctor Green.

Under Remender's Pen

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Joygirl

Never got into Red Hulk or really knew much about him. Just read Circle of Four as an attempt to introduce myself to some new characters who were of interest to me -- I actually really loved Remender's Ross. Is he always written that way, or usually written badly? If the former I don't see the hate, he was pretty cool.

ogg927

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ogg927

I enjoyed Jeph Loeb's run on Red Hulk. However he annoyed some fans with actions like Red Hulk hitting Uatu the Watcher. When Rulk first appeared he was the antagonist. The people that hate Rulk are the ones who stopped reading the book. They missed all the personal growth into a anti-hero. It was further developed in Jeff Parker's run which was amazing IMO. For an indepth look check out the video.

http://blip.tv/ifanboy/red-hulk-ifanboy-4198046

GodTriggerHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@theacidskull: Did you read Jeff Parker's run with Red Hulk. That was some really great character development.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.