So, it looks like Hulk is cancelled.

  • 81 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Just wondering, does Marvel really HAVE to cancel this series? It looked like it could have more potential than the Incredible Hulk series...

#52 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious:

If they cancel, it's to hype up Big Green due to the Avengers. Unfortunately, the current green Hulk writer doesn't know jack about gamma, so it's a lose/lose situation for all Rulk readers.

#53 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Does the new IH series feature any of Hulk's old foes? I know I might be in the minority, but I really do enjoy Hulk's rogues gallery (Abomination, Leader, Absorbing Man, U-Foes, Zzzax, etc.)

#54 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a top poster here. This scares me.

#55 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@KainScion: Only when people care about a character or said character can sell...

He sold well enough and people care about him. Maybe as a Solo he wasn't that successful (though he did manage to get a bunch of issues in his own book), not to mention I'm pretty sure he had enough fans.

He may do well in a team book.

#56 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious:

No. Just a bunch of shallow characters and Bruce Banner being insane. So far only Doc Doom is the only super villain outside of Banner that has anything to do with the series.

#57 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@X35 said:

@KainScion: Only when people care about a character or said character can sell...

He sold well enough and people care about him. Maybe as a Solo he wasn't that successful (though he did manage to get a bunch of issues in his own book), not to mention I'm pretty sure he had enough fans.

He may do well in a team book.

Maybe... oh wait... they cant they killed him off a few months ago...

#58 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@ReVamp said:

@X35 said:

@KainScion: Only when people care about a character or said character can sell...

He sold well enough and people care about him. Maybe as a Solo he wasn't that successful (though he did manage to get a bunch of issues in his own book), not to mention I'm pretty sure he had enough fans.

He may do well in a team book.

Maybe... oh wait... they cant they killed him off a few months ago...

...This whole point was to supporting Kain's argument. >__>

#59 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Yeah, I get that.

But they killed him off a few months ago.

It doesn't matter how or why.

He's not Thor. He won't be back in a few issues time.

#60 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@ReVamp: Yeah, I get that.

But they killed him off a few months ago.

It doesn't matter how or why.

He's not Thor. He won't be back in a few issues time.

Don't disagree with that.

#61 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Does the new IH series feature any of Hulk's old foes? I know I might be in the minority, but I really do enjoy Hulk's rogues gallery (Abomination, Leader, Absorbing Man, U-Foes, Zzzax, etc.)

#62 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35:

That's the Red Hulk series, simply called Hulk. You said IH, aka, Incredible Hulk. VERY big difference between the two. ;P

#63 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: I know... i'm trying to point out that in any and all circumstance

Hulk > Incredible Hulk

#64 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. I never much liked Hulks. Convince me to read Ross?

#65 Posted by TDK_1997 (14902 posts) - - Show Bio

The last Hulk arc wasn't interesting at all to me and this new one isn't building up well for now but it's a good book.

#66 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@mr.obvious said:

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Does the new IH series feature any of Hulk's old foes? I know I might be in the minority, but I really do enjoy Hulk's rogues gallery (Abomination, Leader, Absorbing Man, U-Foes, Zzzax, etc.)

Just looking at this cover alone is strongly convincing me to read this... ZZZAX!!!

#67 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

lol. I never much liked Hulks.

And yet you're a Top Poster here ;) LOL

#68 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

And yet you're a Top Poster here ;) LOL

@ReVamp said:

I'm a top poster here. This scares me.

Late to the party, but better late than never?

#69 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: It's never too late. I've always been a Hulk fan, but I never liked the idea of Rulk until recently :P

#70 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35:

Lol, that's so true. I just got confused with the wording, is all. :)

#71 Edited by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

From Jeff Parker's site:

But where is Hulk in the Fall solicits you ask? Hey, maybe there’ll be an answer this week.

........so right now i'm expecting a relaunch as "Hulk: Agents of Smash" or "Hulks"................

#72 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

as long as Rulk gets the spotlight other than the B-side Hulks this is fine with me...

#73 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brit:

Then let's brace ourselves from Hulk and the Agents of SMASH. Maybe Rulk is the leader of it instead of Green Hulk.

#74 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: agreed!

#75 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brit:

*salute*

#76 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

THANK GOD! Am I the only one who hated Rulk with burning passion?

#77 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Jeff Parker sez:

This week at San Diego’s Comicon International there will be many book announcements, and now we’ll finally get closure on where HULK, the book I was writing went. Sorry I couldn’t say much before, and I really shouldn’t make one-off jokes because apparently many people thought the book didn’t have a solicitation because I forgot to write it. Do you think the editors do nothing? They would at least write “Red Hulk does stuff!” in there if I didn’t. They often improve my solicit text because it is not the skill I excel at anyway.

Back to the subject. Read for any Marvel news from Comicon, because you’ll find out what Hulk is becoming. It’s really cool and a development that I think is important and necessary. I assume Friday or Saturday is when it will be announced, but Thursday is always possible. There be interviews aplenty with me surfacing immediately.

So it's looking pretty obvious it's becoming that Avengers of SMASH crap and parker's being told to be enthusiastic about these "cool developments" ala dark bendisbolts.

#78 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: Yeah. Heard about it a while ago...

This won't last, she won't be able to -- unfortunately -- handle her own title.

#80 Posted by Teerack (6629 posts) - - Show Bio

does it really matter that it;s getting canceled in September when they're starting Marvel Now in October. They said there gonna slowly let writers finish up their books and have their replacements come out bit by bit.

#81 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.