So, it looks like Hulk is cancelled.

• 81 results
#1 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, if Marvel’s solicitations for September 2012 are anything to go by, it looks like one of Marvel's consistently good books is going bye bye since there's no solicitation at all for #58 and #57 was the final part of a story arc.

Hulk #57 by Dale Eaglesham
#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

Could just be an oversight...?

I dunno, I can't really muster up the strength to care, too busy worrying about Bendis possibly working on the X-Men.

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, I know X is gonna skin me but its Ross, who cares? xP.

#4 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm literally trying not to cry now. If this series ends, I'm sticking by DC and their bullcrud reboot ideas.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92257 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Stop saying things I completely agree with. It's getting weird.

#6 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

I'm literally trying not to cry now. If this series ends, I'm sticking by DC and their bullcrud reboot ideas.

One of us, one of us.

#7 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@ReVamp said:

Stop saying things I completely agree with. It's getting weird.

Perhaps you should stop imitating me. I know its the best form of flattery, but perhaps you should get your own taste in comics? =P

#8 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam:

Lol

#9 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the thing is the book is actually good............say what you will about Rulk or Loebforce..........the book has been damn good since about #40.......once parker had cleaned up loeb's mess.......it's more of a hulk book than that aaron garbage.

#10 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: pats

#11 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

One of us, one of us.

*evil grin*

#12 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam:

Lol

I was going to say that, but I didn't think anyone would get it lol.

#13 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@primepower53:

#14 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam:

I'm smarter than I look. >:)

#15 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Aww, thats too bad, was just getting interested in this series... :P

#16 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm starting to think Marvel don't like Jeff Parker or having me as a costumer.

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

...lol.

I can just see it. They're in their board of Directors and they're like: This X chick, we gotta make sure she don't read any of this sh!t.

#18 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: Well considering within the last week there's about like...at least 10 things that have been cancelled or ruined that I like...

I THINK IT'S VERY LIKELY.

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

@ReVamp: Well considering within the last week there's about like...at least 10 things that have been cancelled or ruined that I like...

I THINK IT'S VERY LIKELY.

Considering how FUBAR Noh-Varr is, I definitely feel your pain.

#20 Posted by Dernman (14615 posts) - - Show Bio

Never thought Red Hulk should have existed let alone have a book. So I'm totally ok with it. I tried to like the book despite what I feel for the character but the book really was meh. Sucks for the people who did like the character. A few books that I liked have been canceled lately and it looks like another might be also in Avengers Academy.

#21 Posted by Twentyfive (2749 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read Marvel nearly as much as I do DC, but I just want to know: Which is the greater of the two Hulk books? Is it the one with Banner separated from the Hulk?

#22 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Twentyfive:

That Jason Aaron book is a joke. He has crap artists, and shallow characters (Amanda Von Doom in that outfit? Please.) Plus, while the premise is excellent...he has Hulk dealing with drug dealers and the Punisher instead of gamma monsters, explosions and Hulk Smash-ing. If I wanted that, I'd watch the 80's Hulk show.

At least for Red Hulk, it's consistent. There are good artists who last multiple arcs, and each issue makes you curious to see what happens next. I know I was dying to see the outcome of Haunted Hulk when the last issue came out. Plus Rulk is a likeable character once you get past the Loeb stuff. He's not ANGRY GRR SMASH. He's mad, yes. But he's smart, and wants to do good while learning from his mistakes. Plus his villains are genuinely scary, like Zero/One and her horde of undersea mutations.

Even her minion Black Fog is freakier than most new Hulk baddies. Take a look:

#23 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Mannnnnnn, we're not gonna get to see an actual proper conclusion to the Zero/One, Black Fog stuff........

At least Sultan Magus is going to be over in Thunderbolts.

Thunderbolts/Dark Avengers #177
#24 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35:

Marvel stinks for getting rid of Rulk. I hope Mayan Rule ends with the biggest smash ever, or else I'm going to be pissed forever. And not even an Avengers Blue-ray release will make it up for me.

#25 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: it's probably end with him dying a lame ass death ala daken.

#26 Posted by theicon (1797 posts) - - Show Bio

"Puny writers" Incredible Hulk

#27 Posted by Nox_Arc (195 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

it's more of a hulk book than that aaron garbage.

Ain't that the truth.

#28 Posted by Jodez (150 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk is awesome, don't do it Marvel don't do it!

#29 Posted by War Killer (19868 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Red Hulk, but never understood why he needed his own series.

#30 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

just when i started to like this book they go out and cancel it.. jeez i hope not!!

#31 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@War Killer:

Because Bruce Banner hogs up any title he's part of and Ross is too manly to head a team of gamma beasts by himself.

#32 Posted by Trodorne (2572 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure, if it is going to be cancelled. if it is, that would be sad. especially since Alpha Flight is making a feature role in this story Mayan Rule. To me Thunderbolt Ross was a much better and more interesting hulk. He is smart, and witty, he is a man with much to atone not just from the damage done as red hulk but as a military man. and everyone complains about having a second hulk title.... really? we have how many wolverine titles?

F*** wolverine up the *** with a ******* **** covered ***** and use ******* push that ****** up into his ***...... GOD!

#33 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12422 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill the ass already. No offence Rulk fans. I've hated Ross during the entire time I've known him. So I say, kill him off and get Parker on Incredible Hulk.

#34 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Lol, you're such a hater on poor Rulk. ;P

I'd say keep Parker on Rulk, kick Aaron off of Incredible Hulk and put him on there too. Scott Snyder can handle over 5 projects with Vamps and Batman over at DC, so I don't see it as being too much of a stretch for Jeff Parker to handle 3 titles that can overlap each other fairly easily with the Sultan Magus and Skaar being involved.

#35 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Grrr, unhappiness if true.

#36 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17166 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Im not gonna guarantee this but the 9# of the incredible hulk was way better, an improvement. The 10# issue starts with hulk fighting in space, robot bears or stuff like that, im still hoping the art and story improves, otherwise i'll start dorm 13#, since stay angry ends at 12#

#37 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull:

The saga after stay angry still has Jason Aaron writing (unless the solicitations i lying to me again, lol), so there's no way I'm buying it. I'll probably scan a few pages to keep up to date, but my money is spent better elsewhere.

If another writer comes along, then maybe I'd re-consider.

#38 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

if its true.

#39 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Lol, you're such a hater on poor Rulk. ;P

I'd say keep Parker on Rulk, kick Aaron off of Incredible Hulk and put him on there too. Scott Snyder can handle over 5 projects with Vamps and Batman over at DC, so I don't see it as being too much of a stretch for Jeff Parker to handle 3 titles that can overlap each other fairly easily with the Sultan Magus and Skaar being involved.

damn right!

#40 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12422 posts) - - Show Bio

Moi? A hater!? Perish the thought mon ami... I'm a lover through and through.

#41 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: dakens not dead

#42 Posted by cbishop (6960 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: That "Gooble Gobble" clip is just disturbing. lol

#43 Posted by Brit (372 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope to God they won't cancel this title..

#44 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: Uh. Yes he is.

#45 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35: as is remember there was no body to be found. isnt that the rule of thumb in comics? no body, no dead guy?

#46 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion: Only when people care about a character or said character can sell...

#47 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@X35 said:

This. The only reason I'm still sticking with Marvel is Venom and Uncanny X-Men.

#48 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved it it was one of the best Marvel books and I wished it wasn't cancelled now the only thing I buy WATX and Winter Soldier.

#49 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

#50 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@cbishop:

It's from an old film called Freaks. It was so disturbing it was banned for decades before finally being recognized as a classic.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.