Follow

Thunderbolt Ross

Character » Thunderbolt Ross appears in 1614 issues.

Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross is former U.S. military general. He is father of Bruce Banner's love Betty Ross and was archenemy of the Incredible Hulk. Ross made a deal with villains to be transformed into a Hulk himself. As the ruthless and cunning Red Hulk, he attempted to destroy his nemesis and take control of the country before seeking redemption as an Avenger. After leaving the team, he formed his own group of Thunderbolts with other Anti-Heroes. He was recently depowered by Doctor Green.

Rulk Rumor: Ross to Cameo in Ironman 3?

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Been following this since yesterday. Apparently, William Hurt is written to play Thaddeus Ross in Ironman 3, although only IMDB states this. IMDB is flawed to all Hell, so we should take this with a pinch of arsenic, but if it's true, we might be able to spy a glimpse into the deal that solidifies the birth of the Red Hulk in a future Hulk sequel.

Evidence that I say supports this is AIM is involved in Ironman 3, the company that created Red Hulk under the leadership of The Leader and MODOK. It's almost certain MODOK won't appear, but a version of Rulk showing up as a result of AIM isn't too ridiculous of an idea.

Another point that might prove Hurt's name as being valid is that the actor originally credited to play Falcon has a role in Ironman 3. So...maybe William Hurt is also slated to appear?

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By X35

I think hoping for R. Hulk in the film is a bit silly..........at most I can see it being the post-credits sequence being a teaser for the next Hulk film which i'm imagining will likely would star R. Hulk as the bad guy...

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @X35 said:

I think hoping for R. Hulk in the film is a bit silly..........at most I can see it being the post-credits sequence being a teaser for the next Hulk film which i'm imagining will likely would star R. Hulk as the bad guy...

And seeing as Marvel's second wave of films don't include a new Hulk movie, I doubt we'll see him appearing at all.
    AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AweSam

Didn't he already make one in the first Iron Man? It would make sense since Iron Man usually deals with military-related issues.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AweSam:

No, Ironman cameoed in Incredible Hulk at the end, when he was talking to a drunken Ross at a bar. So it's not too hard for a reverse cameo to occur.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By AweSam

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@AweSam:

No, Ironman cameoed in Incredible Hulk at the end, when he was talking to a drunken Ross at a bar. So it's not too hard for a reverse cameo to occur.

Oh, yeah. Whoops lol.

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AweSam:

:P

No biggy.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would love to see a Red Hulks movie with Red Hulk and Red She Hulk

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By danhimself

If they do have Red Hulk appear in the movieverse then I hope it's in a Hulk movie

Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haydenclaireheroes:

Red Hulk is too new for a solo film, unless Fall of the Hulks was done in a film series thing (but with a better writer than Jeph Loeb). I'd hope for a stand alone Rulk film myself, but chances are Red Hulk is just playing the villain card.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.