Rulk

#1 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok is his name really Rulk? If so am I the only one who refuses to call him this dumb sh#t?

#2 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio

He should have been Black so we can call him Bulk

#3 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, his name is rulk, he's been referred by that name in the hulk comics.

Yes, the name is incredibly stupid, but it's easier than to type red hulk.

#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
pixelized said:
"He should have been Black so we can call him Bulk"
LMFAO.
#5 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

when is the next one coming out it feels like its been 2 or 3 months since they had the last issue out

#6 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"when is the next one coming out it feels like its been 2 or 3 months since they had the last issue out"
Nevuary 1st.
#7 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

lol well there supposed to have that defenders vs offenders thing right?

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
DEGRAAF said:
"lol well there supposed to have that defenders vs offenders thing right?"
Yea.
#9 Posted by WAR-POOL (29 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, so he appeared in hulk #1, but i have that issue. i don't see him anywhere in the comic...O_O

#10 Edited by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

He needs a name of his own now. Just calling him Red Hulk or Rulk for short is dumb. Even if the name is something cheesey like Fury or Rage or something, at least its a name.

#11 Posted by WAR-POOL (29 posts) - - Show Bio

wait, so he appeared in hulk #1, but i have that issue. i don't see him anywhere in the comic...O_o

#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"He needs a name of his own now. Just calling him Red Hulk or Rulk for short is dumb. Even if the name is something cheesey like Fury or Rage or something, at least its a name."
I agree with this.
#13 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

stupid character, stupid concept, stupid name

don't see what the problem is....

#14 Posted by iLLituracy (13494 posts) - - Show Bio

Blue Hulk. Look forward to it in 2010 only how Jeph Loeb can bring it to you.

#15 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio
iLLituracy said:
"Blue Hulk. Look forward to it in 2010 only how Jeph Loeb can bring it to you."
And they can fight the Red, Green and Blue Lantern Corps.
#16 Posted by TruePwnge (2729 posts) - - Show Bio

How is Loeb still working at Marvel?

#17 Posted by Dane (10649 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they're still hoping he'll produce some great story arcs like he did 10 years ago before he went off his nut. I think they're a bit more optimistic than I am.

#18 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
" How is Loeb still working at Marvel? "
His reputation as a legend in DC along with his rule to work with only popular artists makes him someone who sells well, quality is the second thing most important
#19 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

so has anyone read who the red hulk is yet?

#20 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
" His name is Red Hulk. His identity has not been revealed, so no one knows his real name.

People say "Rulk" because they are too lazy to say or type out Red Hulk.

Red Hulk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "
I've seen him called Rulk in the comics.
#22 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:

That's just lazy. :p
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
" @Vance Astro: That's just lazy. :p "
I think it's just stupid.I don't see how people can be that lazy that they can't write out Red Hulk.I've even seen Ragnarok called Clor in comics when they've already named him.What's with this lame nicknaming system? I've even seen She Hulk called Shulk..or Shulkie.It's disgusting!
#24 Posted by Steel radra (17 posts) - - Show Bio

what's the point of being pissed about what this hulk clone is called.... i've just rea the comics involving him and he don't deserve a better name as the "red hulk" is a crap creation just made to make fans annoyed. job well done loeb 

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Steel radra said:
" what's the point of being pissed about what this hulk clone is called.... i've just rea the comics involving him and he don't deserve a better name as the "red hulk" is a crap creation just made to make fans annoyed. job well done loeb  "
1.I'm not pissed.I just don't like the name.
2.He's not a clone.Red Hulk is a Hulk but his powers are actually slightly different from Hulk's and he's not Bruce Banner.
3.I don't care whether YOU like the character or not.He deserves a better name.He's already created so he's stuck there.They could atleast give him a name that's not stupid.
4.Nobody makes any character to annoy fans when they are trying to sell books...that's completely retarded.
#26 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

who is Rulk anyway?

#27 Posted by Steel radra (17 posts) - - Show Bio

red hulk i first understood to be an anti hulk right so i had no prob with him beatin hulk. but how he treats other characters like uatu or grandmaster is just stupid.

#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Steel radra said:
"

red hulk i first understood to be an anti hulk right so i had no prob with him beatin hulk. but how he treats other characters like uatu or grandmaster is just stupid.

"
People say stuff like this as if Uatu or the Grandmaster haven't been owned by people who would have no chance against Rulk.
#29 Edited by RaptorFratBoy (533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
" His name is Red Hulk. His identity has not been revealed, so no one knows his real name.

People say "Rulk" because they are too lazy to say or type out Red Hulk.

Red Hulk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "
EEEEEAAAASSSSSY there! Maybe it is lazy, but...who really cares? Is that really something worth getting mad about? Honestly? Come on, now...

Oh, and She-Hulk's been called Shulkie for YEARS. Hawkeye I believe first named her that.
#30 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy:
I only speak the truth.

Stop being lazy.  Start building your vocabulary today.

#31 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe: Yikes. So calling the character something his own creator calls him in interviews is "lazy"? Again...was it worth it? It's just a nickname. Does this mean you MUST call everyone named Ben, "Benjamin" if that's their full name? Or Tony, "Anthony"? Frank, "Francis"? Etc., etc., ad-infinitum...
#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" @Cezar_TheScribe: Yikes. So calling the character something his own creator calls him in interviews is "lazy"? Again...was it worth it? It's just a nickname. Does this mean you MUST call everyone named Ben, "Benjamin" if that's their full name? Or Tony, "Anthony"? Frank, "Francis"? Etc., etc., ad-infinitum... "
His creator is lazy.Shortening real names isn't lazy.Shortening superhero names is.
#33 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
" @Cezar_TheScribe: Yikes. So calling the character something his own creator calls him in interviews is "lazy"? Again...was it worth it? It's just a nickname. Does this mean you MUST call everyone named Ben, "Benjamin" if that's their full name? Or Tony, "Anthony"? Frank, "Francis"? Etc., etc., ad-infinitum... "
His creator is lazy.Shortening real names isn't lazy.Shortening superhero names is.
"
Again, why? What's the difference? Wolvie, Spidey, Bats, Supes, Cyke, Cap, etc....All of those as well?
#34 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
"@Cezar_TheScribe: Yikes. So calling the character something his own creator calls him in interviews is "lazy"? Again...was it worth it? It's just a nickname. Does this mean you MUST call everyone named Ben, "Benjamin" if that's their full name? Or Tony, "Anthony"? Frank, "Francis"? Etc., etc., ad-infinitum... "

I'd rather be called by my full name. My name is five letters long and people like to shorten it to four.

And that's a no no.
#35 Edited by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
"
Again, why? What's the difference? Wolvie, Spidey, Bats, Supes, Cyke, Cap, etc....All of those as well? "
Those don't sound absolutely retarded.Also those are nicknames given by people they know.I'm asking if Rulk's name is actually Rulk and not Red Hulk to begin with.I've only seen him called Rulk in the comics.
#36 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
" @RaptorFratBoy said:
"@Cezar_TheScribe: Yikes. So calling the character something his own creator calls him in interviews is "lazy"? Again...was it worth it? It's just a nickname. Does this mean you MUST call everyone named Ben, "Benjamin" if that's their full name? Or Tony, "Anthony"? Frank, "Francis"? Etc., etc., ad-infinitum... "
I'd rather be called by my full name. My name is five letters long and people like to shorten it to four. And that's a no no. "
Well, OK, but that's a personal preference. My name's Ben, and it's pretty irritating to hear "Benjamin", because that usually means someone is mad at me. So it obviously goes both ways. Doesn't mean someone is lazy, which is pretty uncalled for, anyway.
#37 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy:  It means someone is mad at you?

Tell your mother to stop that.
#38 Posted by RaptorFratBoy (533 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe: It was a joke. But OK...I see we're being snippy in this thread today. Have fun with that...
#39 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio
@RaptorFratBoy:
People are being "snippy?"

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cezar_TheScribe said:
" @RaptorFratBoy: People are being "snippy?" "
I don't know what he's talking about.
#41 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2615 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro:  Me either.  Anyone?
#42 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody...

#43 Posted by Noir_Dark (861 posts) - - Show Bio

My guess is General Ross. And I rather like the name 'Rulk'

#44 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@Noir_Dark said:
" My guess is General Ross. And I rather like the name 'Rulk' "
General Ross and Rulk have been in the same place....
#45 Posted by CATMANEXE--defunct (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

abbreviation come up with readers that Loeb adopted at conventions, ect, as a hat-tip and because readers were familiar with it.
really, i cant see why one would expect anything else from him, much like expecting Bay to not make a movie centered around special effects. falls suit with things like Clone Thor being called Clor. not really out of laziness, people generally think its fun or cute i guess. as for someones mention of Blue Hulk, no, purple.
 http://jimsmash.blogspot.com/2009/02/loeb-liefeld-men-of-imagination.html

Smash! <---? yeah, like A-Bomb too. theres a trend there with Loeb. expecting more would be rhetorical.

#46 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

So Red Hulk and Thundra seemed have hit it off well. Is that weird that he is picking up banners left overs? Then he goes on to talk about thinking he could be Lyra's father but its not likely since she is green. It almost sounds like he is coming accustomed to being the red hulk and sounds like he is going to end up going down the same path as banner

#47 Posted by Vance Astro (91416 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF said:
" So Red Hulk and Thundra seemed have hit it off well. Is that weird that he is picking up banners left overs? Then he goes on to talk about thinking he could be Lyra's father but its not likely since she is green. It almost sounds like he is coming accustomed to being the red hulk and sounds like he is going to end up going down the same path as banner "
Rulk being Lyra's father isn't likely because she's not from Earth-616 and as far as we know there is no Rulk in Earth-8009 and Earth-616 Rulk being her father wouldn't make a bit of sense.
#48 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Rulk being Lyra's father isn't likely because she's not from Earth-616 and as far as we know there is no Rulk in Earth-8009 and Earth-616 Rulk being her father wouldn't make a bit of sense. "
I didnt say that Rulk was her father. I stated that He seems to think she is more like him then Banner. Also she is the daughter of Earth -616 hulk not Earth-8009 so it would be just as likely they would have Chosen him instead of Banner if they had chosen a Later time period from Earth-616. I in no way think she is the daughter of General Ross tho

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.