Follow

Thunderbolt Ross

Character » Thunderbolt Ross appears in 1614 issues.

Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross is former U.S. military general. He is father of Bruce Banner's love Betty Ross and was archenemy of the Incredible Hulk. Ross made a deal with villains to be transformed into a Hulk himself. As the ruthless and cunning Red Hulk, he attempted to destroy his nemesis and take control of the country before seeking redemption as an Avenger. After leaving the team, he formed his own group of Thunderbolts with other Anti-Heroes. He was recently depowered by Doctor Green.

Red hulk suspicions.

• 57 results
    Blazing Eagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By Blazing Eagle

call me crazy but I think Samson is Green Hulk and Talbot is red hulk.

There is no way Red Hulk is Samson, just look at that Uniform filled with Gamma Radiation, its obivous that suit was just worn by somebody. Like somebody who just turned into the Hulk. Red Hulk has been traveling the world for days. I think Samson became the savage Green Hulk to defeat the Red Hulk.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
    the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Calix said:
    "I am starting to get really bored with this Red Hulk who may very well turn out to be Samson... go figure.
    How long do they need to drag this out.  In issue #5 he will be up against Thor eye roll...

In the beginning I was all about this new volume but I'm kinda over it, especially after the rather lame way the Red Hulk took Hulk down . This is Post-WWHulk we are talking about and while I don't even follow the series all that well but even I know that there is no way WWHulk could get trounced by Samson even with his new powers. not to mention that for all the hype of Red vs. Green this was just not cool. I'm not saying that Green should have one but this Green guy was hardly up to WWHulk faculty's not to mention the battle was hardly a battle the little girl for X-men put up more of a fight.

The guy took on Strange, Reed, Juggernaut, Skrull-Bolt?, Stark went toe to toe with the Sentry and Samson get's him with a choke hold.... PUH-lease. whomever signed off on this should be cornered and shot. It shouldn't go into second printing because it's not worth it.

But thats just my opinion

another thing which bugs me too no end is the fact that in FF 558 there is a new team of Defenders setting up house and they are being led by Banner/Hulk or what seems to be the WWHulk what gives?

Seriously who is signing off on this issues green lighting them for print?
    "
    where was it said that hulk would remain WWH forever?
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By lordraiden
    Blazing Eagle said:
    "call me crazy but I think Samson is Green Hulk and Talbot is red hulk.

There is no way Red Hulk is Samson, just look at that Uniform filled with Gamma Radiation, its obivous that suit was just worn by somebody. Like somebody who just turned into the Hulk. Red Hulk has been traveling the world for days. I think Samson became the savage Green Hulk to defeat the Red Hulk."

I'm not sure if you've actually been reading the new Hulk title, but judging by your statement, it would seem that you havn't, otherwise you'd know that it showed Banner changing into the savage green Hulk who takes on red hulk by the end of that issue, so not sure why you would say Samson is the green hulk???? All the speculation is on the red hulk cause it hasn't been shown who he is yet?
    Mr Mofo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Mr Mofo

The issues aren't being "green lighted."  They're being red lighted.

Thank you, and good night.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By Press Oblivion
    JosephStones said:
    "

writer Jeph Loeb states "The Red Hulk is the kind of Hulk we haven't seen before — a thinking, calculating, brutal weapon-toting kind of Hulk."

"

Apparently, Mr. Loeb Missed World War Hulk.

gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By gui22

I think the red hulk is gleen talbot because:
    1. he has a history with the hulk
    2.He has acess to weapons that the Rulk used(like the gun he used to kill Abomination)
    3.The red hulk was showed along with Ross in Hulk 6

Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
    IronSpidy-Rooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By IronSpidy-Rooney

I think the red hulk is EMIL BLONSKY aka the ABOMINATION. 
    Just hear me out. I know that he was killed by Rulk in issue 1 

but you have to think about whats happened since Hulk since issue 600 where we learn from She Hulk that after World War Hulk Bruce was taken to a secret Gamma base which Sampson and She-Hulk were told was a shield bunker but were experimented on by M.O.D.O.K and according to COMICVINE the last place we see the Abomination before Hulk issue 1 is being imprisoned in a military installation because he killed Betty Ross, it could be the same gamma base 
    They could have separated Blonsky from the Abomination and turned him into the Red Hulk in exchange for killing Hulk. 
    General Ross:  

Says this to an unconscious Rulk 

Which could means they could have given him everything he needed to kill the abomination as well which could have been weakened after they were separated and in Hulk issue 12 Rulk tells Hulk after he is reunited with a dead Jarella that I REALIZE NOW I'VE LEFT YOU WORSE OF THAN DEAD WITH A BROKEN HEART. JUST LIKE YOU LEFT ME BANNER... This could be a reference to the time when the abomination was forced to watch a recording himself and his wife Nadia when he was in jail or when Hulk shrunk down to a small size to try and convince the Abomination to let her go when he held Nadia captive. 
    Think about it , why would Jeph Loeb make Rulk kill the Abomination the very first thing he does in Hulk number 1 
    To give him an alibi like in watchmen when Ozymandias ordered a hit on himself so no one would suspect that he killed the Comedian 
    Its just crazy enough to make sence       

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.