Red hulk suspicions.

• 57 results
#1 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Like, the thread says, just say who you think the Red hulk is. I THINK I KNOW WHO IT IS! I thinks it's Ross. And I think it's him because of Hulk number 3.

#2 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Samson

#3 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Post your reasons why. I didn't post mine, because I might give away spoilers.

#4 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

i think its Ross. in Hulk 3 the scanner read the red hulks Eye like it did Ross's eye in hulk 1. lol thats not saying much. the way the new hulk prefers guns over just hitting everything is another clue.

#5 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

I have'nt read 3 yet but I think it's Samson.

#6 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Shaper says:

"Not to mention what Banner said to Ross."

and that was? LoL

#7 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"i think its Ross. in Hulk 3 the scanner read the red hulks Eye like it did Ross's eye in hulk 1. lol thats not saying much. the way the new hulk prefers guns over just hitting everything is another clue. "

Not to mention what Banner said to Ross.

#8 Posted by Midnight Lantern (6011 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnight Lantern says:

"I have'nt read 3 yet but I think it's Samson."

Due to the fact that Samson is never around when Red Hulk strikes or how that Samson already has had exposure to Radiation.

#9 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Shaper says:
"Not to mention what Banner said to Ross."
and that was? LoL "

No clue. It just got me thinking.

#10 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

derf i posted that pic. LoL

#11 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

(Hint: Read very carefully at what is said here)

#12 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I think it's Ross too. The whole "Banner-I'm going to enjoy this" suggests his history with Banner, as Ross always wanted to sock it to him-and now he has the power to do so.

Also, the guns thing is a good clue.

#13 Posted by Shaper (5168 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe. :P

#14 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm hoping the Green Hulk wins the Red vs Green fight.

#15 Posted by lordraiden (6948 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"i'm hoping the Green Hulk wins the Red vs Green fight. "

Seconded! The thing that bugs me is, that after Planet Hulk, WWH and Worldbreaker, Banner/Hulk are back to no brainer Hulk? what happend to WWH? why has the Hulk gone back to the IQ of a five year old? what a waste!

#16 Posted by dumbgreek (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I posted this reply on another thread, but I think the Red Hulk is General Ryker, the guy who created the Gamma Corps. Every other site I've been to and no one even suspects him.

#17 Posted by fesak (7031 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think it's Ross, he's became the Hulk before, and he was brown not red.

#18 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I suspect Skrull play.

#19 Posted by SYMBIOTE9200 (440 posts) - - Show Bio

even though I havent read that comic yet, I got a guess. He might be one of the Talbots, like Matt Talbot, Glenn's nephew. He hated the Hulk alot and has wanted to get back at him for "killing" Glenn Talbot. Since he's part of the army he would probably prefer guns over fists.

#20 Posted by JosephStones (1 posts) - - Show Bio

RED HULK IS ARES>!>!>!>!

In the story, The Red Hulk's identity is currently unknown, but in an interview Marvel Editor in Chief Joe Quesada revealed that it was Ares. http://www.comicnerd.com/marvel-comics/the-red-hulks-secret-identity-revealed/

Marvel editor Mark Paniccia has described Red Hulk as "absolutely uninhibited, tactically intelligent",while writer Jeph Loeb states "The Red Hulk is the kind of Hulk we haven't seen before — a thinking, calculating, brutal weapon-toting kind of Hulk." To further distance the character away from the original. "Everything the Green Hulk isn't, the Red Hulk is."

#21 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

From Joe himself:

"3) Red Hulk vs. Mighty Avengers. Coming up?

JQ: 3) It’s probably inevitable. I mean, after all, the Red Hulk is secretly Ares. Wait! Who said that?"

#22 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, btw haha it all makes sense now, Hulk whooped Ares and then Hurc came and pushed ares away before he could get his revenge! so thats why ares's pisst!

#23 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

why would ares need to be the red hulk? hes a god why become the red hulk? I am not buying it

#24 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.... to Litarilly.. "Pwn" hulk?

#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not Samson.

#26 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio
Voidheart said:
"From Joe himself:

"3) Red Hulk vs. Mighty Avengers. Coming up?

JQ: 3) It’s probably inevitable. I mean, after all, the Red Hulk is secretly Ares. Wait! Who said that?""

You realize he was joking, of course.
#27 Posted by Pumpkin Goblin (48 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
"why would ares need to be the red hulk? hes a god why become the red hulk? I am not buying it
"
And why would ares get even stronger and then go "ooh, guns!"
#28 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"

I don't think it's Ross, he's became the Hulk before, and he was brown not red.

"
And hulks gone through many changes that seemed wrong, but still did.
#29 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Now we know who the hulk is, and Red beat Green, plus, Thor is gonna give him a beating!

#30 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't get the new one, So I have to wait. Dammit.

#31 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

its the doc

#32 Posted by Copy (8336 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Samson? Really? You got a scan?

#33 Edited by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Edited by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice pic about the Samson's coat. Think its a diversion? Maybe with the revamp of A-Bomb, we will see a revamped Samson who irratiated himself to try and become more powerful to take on the Red Hulk. Haven't read the issue but I here Red Hulk breaks Green Hulks arm.

#35 Posted by Calix (487 posts) - - Show Bio

I am starting to get really bored with this Red Hulk who may very well turn out to be Samson... go figure.
How long do they need to drag this out.  In issue #5 he will be up against Thor eye roll...

In the beginning I was all about this new volume but I'm kinda over it, especially after the rather lame way the Red Hulk took Hulk down . This is Post-WWHulk we are talking about and while I don't even follow the series all that well but even I know that there is no way WWHulk could get trounced by Samson even with his new powers. not to mention that for all the hype of Red vs. Green this was just not cool. I'm not saying that Green should have one but this Green guy was hardly up to WWHulk faculty's not to mention the battle was hardly a battle the little girl for X-men put up more of a fight.

The guy took on Strange, Reed, Juggernaut, Skrull-Bolt?, Stark went toe to toe with the Sentry and Samson get's him with a choke hold.... PUH-lease. whomever signed off on this should be cornered and shot. It shouldn't go into second printing because it's not worth it.

But thats just my opinion

another thing which bugs me too no end is the fact that in FF 558 there is a new team of Defenders setting up house and they are being led by Banner/Hulk or what seems to be the WWHulk what gives?

Seriously who is signing off on this issues green lighting them for print?

#36 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I really don't think it's Doc Samson -- and if it is, it's a pretty illogical choice. It doesn't fit with any other appearance or character trait of Samson, who's actually always tried to help the Hulk, not kill him. I think the coat is a swerve, to throw the readers off again.

Secondly, it totally makes sense that an intelligent Hulk would be able to go toe-to-toe, and even beat, the green Hulk.

And the Hulk shown leading the "New Defenders" appears to be the Professor Hulk, not WWH.

#37 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that Hulk (New Defenders) is a future Prof Hulk.

#38 Posted by Zoom III (480 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think its gonna be Samson..the gamma's glowing the wrong color, and that would be a lame way to find out that he's Red Hulk...its someone else...i think its Ross...but it cant be Samson that would take the shock value rite out of it, which i dont think Marvels gonna do if they want to crush DCs sells this year.

#39 Posted by Ebony Bishop (767 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it's probably not Ross, as the Red Hulk himself refers to Ross along with Banner.

#40 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

General Talbot? He did "die" in  volcano with some sort of artificial intelligence machine called the "Brain" or something like that. Maybe this is the reason the Red Hulk gets hotter as he gets madder and his intelligence is boosted by the Brain thing.

#41 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

good thought, but why would he hate hulk?

#42 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

General Talbot was once married to Betsy Ross and a lead character in trying to stop him.

#43 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

haha nice

#44 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking that maybe killing off the Abomination and attacking A-bomb might be training exercises. He is getting used to his power and learning to apply his skills to it. When Talbot died, he was using a machine called the War Wagon and controlled it through a interactive brain device. Suppossedly Talbot's brain was fried when the volcano erupted during the fight and he died, however no body was ever found.
 1. Characters have a way of returning to life
 2. Talbot has a hatred for the Hulk professionally as a soldier and personally as a rival for Betsy Ross as he once was her husband
 3. Was once a part of the military as a hulk-buster
 4. His brother Brian Talbot is Grey of the Gamma Corps
  5. Every issue seems to point towards someone we all would consider...Samson, Ross, Ryker..etc..classic diversion using simple clues to misdirect like in the movie Scream

#45 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

your right, and in the Hulk issue's... Talbot is listed as a character that appears in it even though we dont get to see him.

#46 Posted by Avantar (385 posts) - - Show Bio

If I were writing the story.. I would say that Talbot's mind was shatterred by the event, but he never died. Leonard Samson as the resident shrink may have been treating him.. until he got "better". Now he is an "escaped" Red Hulk with immense power. Samson, realizing what he may have unleashed and his inability to stop someone as powerful as him before, may have attempted to "power-up" by irratidiating himself with more gamma rays that leads to the jacket scene. His quick diagnosis on the events with the Abomination may prove to be insider doctor's information he gather from Talbot during his treatment. Knowing more than he should and laeding us again to belive Samson is the Red Hulk although he isn't but may very well know who is and feels responsible.

All conjecture of course.....

#47 Posted by warlock360 (28040 posts) - - Show Bio

... that sounds pretty legit :P

#48 Posted by Blazing Eagle (280 posts) - - Show Bio
Calix said:
"I am starting to get really bored with this Red Hulk who may very well turn out to be Samson... go figure.
How long do they need to drag this out.  In issue #5 he will be up against Thor eye roll...

In the beginning I was all about this new volume but I'm kinda over it, especially after the rather lame way the Red Hulk took Hulk down . This is Post-WWHulk we are talking about and while I don't even follow the series all that well but even I know that there is no way WWHulk could get trounced by Samson even with his new powers. not to mention that for all the hype of Red vs. Green this was just not cool. I'm not saying that Green should have one but this Green guy was hardly up to WWHulk faculty's not to mention the battle was hardly a battle the little girl for X-men put up more of a fight.

The guy took on Strange, Reed, Juggernaut, Skrull-Bolt?, Stark went toe to toe with the Sentry and Samson get's him with a choke hold.... PUH-lease. whomever signed off on this should be cornered and shot. It shouldn't go into second printing because it's not worth it.

But thats just my opinion

another thing which bugs me too no end is the fact that in FF 558 there is a new team of Defenders setting up house and they are being led by Banner/Hulk or what seems to be the WWHulk what gives?

Seriously who is signing off on this issues green lighting them for print?
"
His name is Joe Quesada and he does not care whether the heroes act out of character or not, nor does he care about continuity,

All Joe cares about is great stories being written!!!!

Lame ass Joe.
#49 Posted by Blazing Eagle (280 posts) - - Show Bio
Avantar said:
" If I were writing the story.. I would say that Talbot's mind was shatterred by the event, but he never died. Leonard Samson as the resident shrink may have been treating him.. until he got "better". Now he is an "escaped" Red Hulk with immense power. Samson, realizing what he may have unleashed and his inability to stop someone as powerful as him before, may have attempted to "power-up" by irratidiating himself with more gamma rays that leads to the jacket scene. His quick diagnosis on the events with the Abomination may prove to be insider doctor's information he gather from Talbot during his treatment. Knowing more than he should and laeding us again to belive Samson is the Red Hulk although he isn't but may very well know who is and feels responsible.

All conjecture of course.....

"

I like how you think Avantar!! You should be a writer!!
#50 Posted by Vance Astro (91105 posts) - - Show Bio

It's definatelyn not Samson.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.