Red Hulk Hater

#1 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone else mad about Thunderbolt Ross being Red Hulk? I mean the guy is old and he was after the hulk for so long to kill/research him! And why did Marvel feel they needed to make Red She-Hulk!

#2 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

I am absolutely with you on the Red Hulk hating. I don;t understand why people seem to have taken to him so much. He was a second rate villain who should have appeared a couple of times and then been killed.

The thing i hate the most about Red Hulk though (and Red She Hulk) is that they pillaged Hulks history to use someone from his past that makes absolutely no sense and pisses all over their histories. Why can't Jeph Loeb come up with anything original? Why does he have to draw from the past? Red Hulk has no correlation to Thunderbolt Ross' personality or history in any way shape or form in my opinion. And Red She Hulk being Betty?

DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!!!!

#3 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

:(

#4 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@feebadger said:

I am absolutely with you on the Red Hulk hating.

#5 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulks rating is -5 (I know it's trolling but you walked into that one)

#7 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

I've not read any of the Parker stuff, so my opinion is based solely on the Loeb era.  

In a nutshell, Ross-Rulk was a truly terribly written storyline and character arc, one that makes no sense and mostly exists solely to piss actual Hulk fans off.  

Red She-Hulk, on the other hand, seems to have been created to viciously skull-f*ck the reader into a state of abject despair and fury. 

#8 Posted by TDK_1997 (14642 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Red Hulk but Red She-Hulk MUST DIE!!!!!

#9 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda don't see the point of Red She-Hulk... why isn't the real She-Hulk on Defenders? You know, that way Marvel could at least PRETEND they're not ignoring Joe Casey's Defenders... as well as give a spotlight to one of Marvel's cult favorites who can't hold her own book and actually fits on the Defenders team.

#10 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

Good to Know I am not alone on this one. I feel there should be more focus on A-Bomb... He was so Bad Ass!

#11 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@RUKM: I don't get why Rick's old friends like Cap or the Avengers just..............aren't that bothered about what's happened to Rick.

#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

I like both O__O

hides under couch.

#13 Posted by God_Spawn (37560 posts) - - Show Bio

Ross' goal in life was the defeat of the Hulk. For decades his plans failed. So what else was there for him to do to even stand a chance? He was given the choice of becoming a being powerful enough to fight the Hulk and have his thought to be dead daughter revived IIRC. I liked the concept but I think all the Loeb writing, people gave him a bad rep.

Moderator Online
#14 Posted by Mercy_ (92673 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything about Rulk pretty much sucks.

#15 Posted by X35 (5981 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Everything about Rulk pretty much sucks.

:(

#16 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

* walks in thread wearing an I ♥ Reds shirt, ducks a few hurled object and action rolls under the couch of safety by Fuchsia *

Oh, so this where Comicvine stashes all the chocolate candies...score! Nom nom nom!

#17 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio
@RUKM said:

Anyone else mad about Thunderbolt Ross being Red Hulk? I mean the guy is old and he was after the hulk for so long to kill/research him! And why did Marvel feel they needed to make Red She-Hulk!

No, I'm not mad that Thunderbolt Ross is Red Hulk, I'm mad that Marvel pretend it was a mystery as if all signs weren't pointing to him already. 

@X35 said:

I kinda don't see the point of Red She-Hulk... why isn't the real She-Hulk on Defenders? You know, that way Marvel could at least PRETEND they're not ignoring Joe Casey's Defenders... as well as give a spotlight to one of Marvel's cult favorites who can't hold her own book and actually fits on the Defenders team.

The real She-Hulk has been around for quite a while.I would assume they put Red She-Hulk in Defenders because now that she exists they are trying to give her a push. The roster being poorly put together can probably attributed to the fact that pretty much every roster of every team in Marvel Comics right now is the same way as well.

@RUKM said:

Good to Know I am not alone on this one. I feel there should be more focus on A-Bomb... He was so Bad Ass!

How is he any different than Rulk? He's Rick Jones correct? Just another human from Hulk's past they ended up Hulking out. 
#18 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE: -Pummels Catpan for said chocolates.- Bahaha

#19 Posted by CATPANEXE (9368 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Meh, fail. I'm immune to physical harm on CV due to becoming callous to it in frequency. The chocolates remain mine.

#20 Posted by Rickbarry (1761 posts) - - Show Bio

@CATPANEXE: I'll gladly pay you wednesday for a chocolate today.

#21 Posted by RUKM (279 posts) - - Show Bio

A-bomb is different because he isnt just the hulk with a different color he has an added element of an unbreakable adamantium like skin heis colossus plus the hulk

#22 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

#23 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Not particularly a fan of Red She-Hulk either.

#24 Posted by warlord1234 (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

People that don't like Red Hulk have not read the story. Ross became the Hulk in order to get even with Banner. He became what he hated the most in order to get even and win.

#25 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh. Rulk is okay, Shrulk is the one I can't stand.

#Made-UpNameFTW

#26 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12841 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like either. I wish Betty could just be Betty again. I wish the general would keel over already...

#27 Posted by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk is actually one of my favorite Marvel villains. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.