IS the Red Hulk as Strong as the Hulk?

#1 Posted by Sophie Lopez (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Is he?

#2 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

He is significantly stronger, actually. It took Hulk and Thor's combined efforts to defeat him.

#3 Edited by Omg chris (1607 posts) - - Show Bio

yea he is  right he is  stronger

#4 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say he's just a walking P.I.S. character who'm Loeb's having fun with to curb his dimentia ;-)

#5 Posted by MercenaryX (249 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah.

#6 Posted by Wael Hero X (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Physically Rulk is stronger than Hulk but he has much weakpoints so he goes down .

#7 Posted by Alpha (7329 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not. It's just seems that way cause how his powers work. He could never reach the limits of WWHulk.

#8 Posted by speedlgt (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

this is the same as Herc....

herc is stronger than hulk  ALL THE TIME save for when hulk goes to his extremes. in general Herc is far stronger than Hulk.
Same for Rulk hes stronger than by not just a little by a TON once again save for Hulks extreme baby tanturms! LOL

Rulk took on and made quick work of THOR and HULK I am not will to say Rulk beat THOR but I will say he dealt with him quickly same for hulk.
Rulk also took on all those female powerhouses and gave em HELL.

Rulk is a force

#9 Posted by SUNMAN (7228 posts) - - Show Bio
speedlgt said:
this is the same as Herc....herc is stronger than hulk  ALL THE TIME save for when hulk goes to his extremes. ... [more]
not sure about this one I just know that Hulk has appeared stronger in the last couple of Hulk comics over the year.
#10 Posted by X Monty X (9 posts) - - Show Bio

to me i say their evenly match the only reason rulk won most of them was cause he still had his intellict but he so what stronger but the difference between him and hulk is the rulk get hotter when he get more angry and he able to keep his intellict unlike hulk who begins to talk like a 4 yr old

#11 Edited by Ripster (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Think of Rulk as a beefed up Doc Samson. Now before you all jump at me on that, let me share my logic.

Doc Samson is as strong as a calm Hulk. Rulk is clearly a lot stronger. But as it says in the comic, he gets hotter as he gets angrier. as oppose to Hulk who gets stronger as he gets angrier which means Rulk can never truly reach the levels of strength Hulk is capable of. The Hulk has never been stronger before or after the moment just before Stark hits him with the satelite during WWH. Theres no doubt in my mind that Rulk would get pwned by Hulk just after he finds out what Miek did during WWH. He stomped the ground in Manhattan and helicopters hundreds of miles away almost fell out of the sky.

#12 Posted by Silver Knight75 (1145 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk gets weaker if he overheats. The angrier he gets the more his body temperature rises and he eventually gets weak from all the heat.

#13 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk. if hulk was in his green scar mentality he would have stomped rulk.

#14 Posted by superhulksmash (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Red hulk is stronger than the savage hulk at base level but not as strong as WW hulk by a longshot.

#15 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

Base strength he's stronger. If Hulk in a "calm" state can lift 100-200 tons, the Rulk can lift 200-500 tons. However, Green Hulk gains strength over time while Red Hulk keeps his strength the same.

#16 Posted by IncredibleMSJ (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhulksmash: What issue is that from?

#17 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17965 posts) - - Show Bio

@IncredibleMSJ: Hulk 24#

#18 Posted by Teerack (5814 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk and Hulk haven't gone at it in a long time tho. I think if they had a rematch Hulk might not need Thor's help anymore, considering Red Hulk doesn't absorb energy anymore.

#19 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack:

They'll never match up, unless Hulk gets possessed again. Ross is done with hunting or even smacking the Hulk around after the events of World War Hulks/Fall of the hulks.

#20 Posted by Teerack (5814 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope: Please, heroes get into fights all the time for no reason.

#21 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack:

Knowing Big Green and Red, a simple yo mama joke would send them into a barroom brawl.

#22 Posted by SpaceBall98 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say they are about as strong as each other now. I mean the avengers went crying to hulk to help then but why would they do that if they had red hulk wich they did. This kind of thing depends on the writer the reason why rulk was so strong to begin with was not only the ability to absorb energetic but because he had a lot of military training and experience.

#23 Posted by Oscars94 (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk's stronger Rulk's smarter. It's fair.

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17965 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#25 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

Hulk is stronger than Rulk

#26 Edited by JakeN7 (11690 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpaceBall98 said:

I'd say they are about as strong as each other now. I mean the avengers went crying to hulk to help then but why would they do that if they had red hulk wich they did. This kind of thing depends on the writer the reason why rulk was so strong to begin with was not only the ability to absorb energetic but because he had a lot of military training and experience.

Yeah and then during the battles, Red Hulk was defeated by Juggernaut Colossus (not possessed by Pheonix Force) and Hulk was able to use Emma Frost as a rag doll (possessed by Pheonix Force and only split between her and Cyclops.) near the end of Avengers vs X-Men.

I would chalk that up to inconsistent writing but I also feel as though General Ross trades some strength for intelligence as Red Hulk seeing as how he can talk in first person, and in complete, coherent sentences. Whereas Hulk still talks like Tarzan. Hopefully that will change though...

@Oscars94 said:

Hulk's stronger Rulk's smarter. It's fair.

This ^

Which is kind of silly considering how Bruce Banner is one of the smartest men on the planet and General Ross is nowhere near that level of intelligence. Banner has really just accepted The Hulk though as seen in the Indestructible Hulk #1 and #2.

#27 Posted by TDK_1997 (14685 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk was stronger but that was under Loeb and under him he punched Uatu.Right now Hulk is stonger than Rulk.

#28 Edited by CosmicCommonSense (71 posts) - - Show Bio

red hulk is stronger than hulk when banner reverts to hulk but red hulk does not have the strength enhancing abilities that hulk does so in the long run red hulk is no match for hulk

#29 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17965 posts) - - Show Bio

the Only reason Rulk seemed stronger was because of lobes bad writing

Rulk is NOT stronger than hulk

#30 Posted by GodTriggerHulk (1998 posts) - - Show Bio

Red Hulk is stronger than a moderately enraged Savage Hulk who he was able to fight and KO, Ross was also able to beat Abomination who was stronger than a base Savage Hulk.

#31 Posted by DRDOOMSDAY390 (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

speedlgt? i have to disagree with you, hulk is stronger and can beat well he already beaten hercules, anyways as for red hulk? he was more powerful when he had The "Loeb-Force" however after his lost against WB Hulk, he seems to be depowred at this point, well im out bye.

#32 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17965 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Not anymore he isn't.

#33 Edited by Rainja (338 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I respectfully disagree. If Rulk was a pre-existing character who was consistently shown to be able to fight off foes like say Colossus as an example and then floor the Marvel Universe like Rulk did. Sure i would agree with you. This however isn't the case. The Case is this was a Brand new character at the time and EVERYTHING he did during so is what he should Naturally be able to accomplish as this is what was shown.So him being able to Floor, Hulk, She-Hulk, OF- Thor,Ironman Etc are all Natural to him regardless of who likes it or not. Its not bad writing per say. So yes Rulk is significantly stronger than the average Hulk and unless he is exhausted are he is battling a special version of that character e.g World Breaker Hulk its Bullshit to be beaten by them under normal circumstances. Another thing not to you now but just in general i see someone stated his Base strength was like 500 tons, thats not accurate at all. What is accurate is its over 100 tons natrually thats for sure however its is NEVER specified as to what that Limit should be which gives him the ability to logically accomplish physical feats that he has shown. I woukd however agree that what ever his natural strength level is its below World Breaker Hulk as it was that Hulk that defeated him rather easily. Now can Rulk match World Breaker Hulk? Maybe he could if he uses his absorbtion ability which is Natural to him to amplify himself then its very possible he could either be a equal or even greater match for World War Hulk as an example.Anyways, just my 2 cents. Cheers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.