Is Red Hulk amazing or awful? (Poll)

#1 Posted by inferiorego (22539 posts) - - Show Bio
Staff Online
#2 Posted by inferiorego (22539 posts) - - Show Bio

Give a reason or two why you love/hate him.

Staff Online
#3 Posted by danhimself (22443 posts) - - Show Bio

is there a middle ground?

#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm 75% towards Amazing.  Not a favourite, but really enjoying him and seeing his plans fall apart...

#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I chose awful because as a wiki editor these new characters Marvel keeps "creating" that establish a whole new identity and then turn out to be an old character just become a chore when the secret is revealed and the pages have to be merged...besides that they're taking a previously established and possibly good character and making them just another Hulk clone

#6 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing, he's just flat out fun I love his antics.

#7 Posted by inferiorego (22539 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
" Amazing, he's just flat out fun I love his antics. "
agreed
Staff Online
#8 Posted by geraldthesloth (33313 posts) - - Show Bio

Just for added effect.

#9 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
agreed "
#10 Posted by War Killer (20102 posts) - - Show Bio
@geraldthesloth said:
"Just for added effect.

"
Never mind what I said before, this says it all on how awesome Red Hulk is!
#11 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio
@inferiorego said:
" @geraldthesloth said:
agreed "

Same here...
#12 Posted by mavfan626 (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

thats a no from me
#13 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4164 posts) - - Show Bio

No Amazingly Awful options?

Or what about Awfully Amazing?

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91191 posts) - - Show Bio

Why I Hate Him? 
1.Banner was in a box from WWH to after SI.He comes back and Rulk depowers him. 
2.He beats Thor in the first fight.Pretty easily.Then it's written as if Thor could have killed him the second fight. 
3.He has the lame "who is he" gimmick attached to him.I seriously doubt we will care who it is when it's revealed. 

Why he's amazing 
1.He reminds me of the Punisher.He does what he wants...when he wants,by any means necessary. 
2.He's a Hulk but he's kind of intelligent and he's a good fighter which means more ownage and more breaking sh#t. 
3.He has other powers than just superhuman physical ability.

#15 Posted by glforthewin (2355 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll change my opinion if they can get a decent writer for him

#16 Posted by MadOmegaMan (85 posts) - - Show Bio

That weird. Just now when I voted, it said Amazing and Awful both have 39.3%!
#17 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm kinda neutral on Rulk. I don't hate him, but he isn't my favorite character. I do want to know who he is though.

#18 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

He's OK. No reason to love or hate him.

#19 Posted by The Lobster (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

If there was a "he's alright" button I would have clicked that, I just wish that they didn't make it look like he was an unstoppable force. Taking down the Silver Surfer and Thor is a big NO, I still prefer the Green Hulk more and probably always will.

#20 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

He's cool. The fact that he beat Thor AND Silver Surfer is ridiculous though.

#21 Posted by Night Thrasher (3654 posts) - - Show Bio

Awful, Awful story telling. Please reveal his id so I can put this book out of my misery. Hulk is one of my favorite characters. Rulk is one of my least. God help me! Please make him go away!

#22 Posted by Serpent (209 posts) - - Show Bio

Terrible: i'm tired of different colored hulk's in general.

#23 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind on him.  

Some things don't make sense. (He beated the silver surfer ? ) but, well, he's history isn't that bad, but it just doesn't interest me. 

#24 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not hate him but I hate the stories that feature other characters. The X-Force/Hulk crossover was painful to read. The only 2 characters that were even in character were Rulk and Deadpool (with the exception of Red She-Hulk since it was her introduction). It seems like the writer does not even bother knowing about other characters or their powers. The only thing that matters is that Rulk owns, which is stupid. 

#25 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

If i did like him i would be wise enough not to say, given the anti-Red-Hulk
faction would throw giant green turds at me.

#26 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio
I am starting to think of Rulk as Hulk's answer to Deadpool so I do not mind him. But I just would like the other featured characters to be in character is all. 
#27 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the all out ridiculous big summer blockbuster nature of the Red Hulk stories.  He is the Independence Day of the Hulk family :p

#28 Posted by jasmine cole (1474 posts) - - Show Bio
@Serpent said:
" Terrible: i'm tired of different colored hulk's in general. "
I agree
#29 Posted by FLStyle (368 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Why I Hate Him? 1.Banner was in a box from WWH to after SI.He comes back and Rulk depowers him. 2.He beats Thor in the first fight.Pretty easily.Then it's written as if Thor could have killed him the second fight. 3.He has the lame "who is he" gimmick attached to him.I seriously doubt we will care who it is when it's revealed.   Why he's amazing 1.He reminds me of the Punisher.He does what he wants...when he wants,by any means necessary. 2.He's a Hulk but he's kind of intelligent and he's a good fighter which means more ownage and more breaking sh#t. 3.He has other powers than just superhuman physical ability. "
That's my thoughts in a nutshell. If he's ever put up against World-Breaker Hulk and loses I think he'll fade into obscurity.
#30 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Why I Hate Him? 
1.Banner was in a box from WWH to after SI.He comes back and Rulk depowers him. 
2.He beats Thor in the first fight.Pretty easily.Then it's written as if Thor could have killed him the second fight. 
3.He has the lame "who is he" gimmick attached to him.I seriously doubt we will care who it is when it's revealed."
Pretty much sums it up for me.
#31 Posted by ComicStooge (12427 posts) - - Show Bio

I sorta' like him...
#32 Posted by warlord1234 (1266 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vance Astro said:
" Why I Hate Him? 1.Banner was in a box from WWH to after SI.He comes back and Rulk depowers him. 2.He beats Thor in the first fight.Pretty easily.Then it's written as if Thor could have killed him the second fight. 3.He has the lame "who is he" gimmick attached to him.I seriously doubt we will care who it is when it's revealed.   Why he's amazing 1.He reminds me of the Punisher.He does what he wants...when he wants,by any means necessary. 2.He's a Hulk but he's kind of intelligent and he's a good fighter which means more ownage and more breaking sh#t. 3.He has other powers than just superhuman physical ability. "
Very unique view
#33 Posted by Vermis (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone who doesn't like the goofy fun that Red Hulk brings, hates comics.  That's just the way it is.

But seriously, all the people complaining about the way he's written: I can understand that under Jeph Loeb's tenure.  But drop all your preconceptions (I know these can be very entrenched in us comic book nerds, so I'm going to have to ask you to concentrate, and push hard), give him another chance, and go read Jeff Parker's 'Scorched Earth' arc.  It's much better, and doesn't portray him as some unstoppable force trampling Marvel's heavy hitters with barely a thought. (Like that wasn't the plot of WWH)  At the very least, go check it out to see Iron Man, Thor, and Namor wail on his ass.

At the very very least, he can't be any worse than the concept of a Conan-clone 'Son of Franken...' er,  'Son of the Hulk', surely?

#34 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I love to hate him and I hate to love him... If that makes any sense -_-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.