Follow

Thunderbolt Ross

Character » Thunderbolt Ross appears in 1614 issues.

Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross is former U.S. military general. He is father of Bruce Banner's love Betty Ross and was archenemy of the Incredible Hulk. Ross made a deal with villains to be transformed into a Hulk himself. As the ruthless and cunning Red Hulk, he attempted to destroy his nemesis and take control of the country before seeking redemption as an Avenger. After leaving the team, he formed his own group of Thunderbolts with other Anti-Heroes. He was recently depowered by Doctor Green.

I know who the Red Hulk is!

• 193 results
    The Scientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By The Scientist

You read Hulk #6? is it the last issue? and they didn't leave any hints as to who he might be? ...

Interest has awakened.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Hadrelius
    The Scientist said:
    "You read Hulk #6? is it the last issue? and they didn't leave any hints as to who he might be? ...

Interest has awakened."

I don't know what happened at the end. It confused me. They said they would show it but you think it one person but then the next page shows something different.
    Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Press Oblivion

Ross is in league with Samson who is in league with whom ever it is that’s this Red Hulk. I thought it was Ross because Red Hulk mentions something about "Milksop" or calls the Green Hulk "Milksop". Ross was infamous for calling banner Milksop and I thought that it couldn’t be anyone else. Now that they’ve shown you in this story, the three characters together, Samson, Ross and Red Hulk, I can’t think of anyone who would fill that question.

Is General Talbot alive? Are there players that have been introduced, in the story thus far, that we’re not considering?

Rulk’s hair might be an indication of who he is but when I saw that, I was thinking that it was raised, not styled, because of the Rulk’s radiation/heat based power, lifting the fibers upward?

Why would Samson and Ross want the Hulk defeated when they had banner imprisoned at one of the Arm’s military facilities? Especially Samson?

This Rulk and Rick Jones got their abilities from where. I think that there is a connection to the WWH saga or more importantly the end of the Saga. Where was Jones at the end of WWH? Was he exposed to something that would alter his genetic structure giving him the power of A-Bomb? How did he get to Russia? What was he doing there?

For that matter, how did the Abomination get to Russia? It was established in the She-Hulk arc "World without a Hulk" that she defeated Blonsky (rather easily much to my distaste) and took him in to Shield Custody, where he and other Hulk foes were being held prisoner.

There are a lot more questions that are being created in every new issue and I don’t feel like we’re getting any closer to the answer. According to Marvel Solicits, there’s still a lot more Rulk to be seen in months to come.

Thoughts?

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Thats what I think from the current issue.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Hadrelius
    Press Oblivion said:
    "

Ross is in league with Samson who is in league with whom ever it is that’s this Red Hulk. I thought it was Ross because Red Hulk mentions something about "Milksop" or calls the Green Hulk "Milksop". Ross was infamous for calling banner Milksop and I thought that it couldn’t be anyone else. Now that they’ve shown you in this story, the three characters together, Samson, Ross and Red Hulk, I can’t think of anyone who would fill that question.

Is General Talbot alive? Are there players that have been introduced, in the story thus far, that we’re not considering?

Rulk’s hair might be an indication of who he is but when I saw that, I was thinking that it was raised, not styled, because of the Rulk’s radiation/heat based power, lifting the fibers upward?

Why would Samson and Ross want the Hulk defeated when they had banner imprisoned at one of the Arm’s military facilities? Especially Samson?

This Rulk and Rick Jones got their abilities from where. I think that there is a connection to the WWH saga or more importantly the end of the Saga. Where was Jones at the end of WWH? Was he exposed to something that would alter his genetic structure giving him the power of A-Bomb? How did he get to Russia? What was he doing there?

For that matter, how did the Abomination get to Russia? It was established in the She-Hulk arc "World without a Hulk" that she defeated Blonsky (rather easily much to my distaste) and took him in to Shield Custody, where he and other Hulk foes were being held prisoner.

There are a lot more questions that are being created in every new issue and I don’t feel like we’re getting any closer to the answer. According to Marvel Solicits, there’s still a lot more Rulk to be seen in months to come.

Thoughts?

"
    Thank U! I was totally lost on the last page.
    Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#56  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
    Alpha said:
    "

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
    "fesak says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "I figured it out but just don't know how this person may have come to be him. "
    So, are you gonna tell us?"
    Thanks 4 asking. It's Samson. He was missing in the attack, he knew Rick was suppose to be dead (because he was there), his comment to Rick which lets you kow that he knows him, and then it's his hair. It's the same shape as the Red Hulk. What do you think? "
    I agree! I read it on another site! even though it doesn't make sense to me? why would they turn samson into a hulk, when he's already got superstrength and can go toe to toe with the hulk? I know he can't beat him, but samson as the hulk, I honestly thought they could've thought it out a bit bitter! a powerhouse turning into a bigger power house! WOW!"
    The answer to that is that Jeph Loeb is a really bad writer. Samson really was an unique character in that he's a psychiatrist in addition to the generic powerset."
    I don't think it will be permanent but I would love to know why and to what it will mean to to Marvel u. "
    So, what does that mean to the new Hulk title? I seriously doubt that samson (if that's who the new hulk is) will remain a/the hulk! is this an ongoing or a limited? "

I think its just a story the J. Loeb has come up with that will be just for his run. Like when (I can't remember his name) did a Hulk run where Rick Jones was another Hulk.

"

Peter david is who you're thinking of
    bioghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By bioghost

so anyone can explain to me why the red hulk seem to display some power of the sentry when when he was fighting.
    The whole flaming the entire areas with just emtion sound like him.
    is there a connection when wwh fought sentry after the sattleti hit them?

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By speedlgt

I dont think we really know who he is. Its not sampson

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#59  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

bumptastic

Avatar image for spider_pantrelli
    Spider-Pantrelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60  Edited By Spider-Pantrelli
    inferiorego said:
    "bumptastic"

lol
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Hadrelius

It's Flux!

No Caption Provided

I was just reading about him. He is military and was exposed to gamma radiation but it effected his mind and distorted his body. This was done by General Ryker. Maybe he was exposed to more to correct the problems. That's why he is red and leaves major radioactive trail behind.

The Rorschach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By The Rorschach

I think its ross because remmber in the hellicariier ross was just sitting there talking to Iron man and the next panel red Hulk was kicking Iron mans @$$.

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Watch Dog
    dumbgreek said:
    "

I know who the red hulk really is, and no body any where I've been has even thought about this guy, its General John Ryker, the guy who put the gamma corps together. Remember one issue of WWH (actually I think it was a tie-in issue) he contacted hulk's ship and talked to him, as well as fired missiles at him too.

"
    I agree with you
    hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By hulkinup

Hmm,Flux.That's definitely one I haven't heard yet,good one.

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha said:
    "It's Flux!

No Caption Provided

I was just reading about him. He is military and was exposed to gamma radiation but it effected his mind and distorted his body. This was done by General Ryker. Maybe he was exposed to more to correct the problems. That's why he is red and leaves major radioactive trail behind.

"
    Man! I feel like an idiot. Forgot all about Flux.
    Good guess.
    I think Ross and Ryker are to old and would never want to become what they want to destroy.
    hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By hulkinup

Does anyone remember the Dark Hulk that I believe Dr. Strange somehow brought about by delving into Banner's consciousness?I can't remember which arc the story was in.Anyway it was a version of the Hulk that was black and pretty sinister looking,I think I only saw it once though.Maybe this whole Rulk thing is really all in Banner's mind and in reality is not actually happening.It could be just another version of Hulk in Banner's mind that hadn't been let out yet and this is a possible preview of what an evil Hulk could be like and what could happen.My friend JT actually brought the Dark Hulk up to me and I was like oh yea I forgot about that version,I can't find the pics of Dark Hulk though.I'll try to find and post them.Please let me know what you think about this Dark Hulk theory.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#67  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    The Rorschach said:
    "I think its ross because remmber in the hellicariier ross was just sitting there talking to Iron man and the next panel red Hulk was kicking Iron mans @$$."
    It's not Ross.He and Red Hulk have been seen in the same place.

hulkinup said:
    "Does anyone remember the Dark Hulk that I believe Dr. Strange somehow brought about by delving into Banner's consciousness?I can't remember which arc the story was in.Anyway it was a version of the Hulk that was black and pretty sinister looking,I think I only saw it once though.Maybe this whole Rulk thing is really all in Banner's mind and in reality is not actually happening.It could be just another version of Hulk in Banner's mind that hadn't been let out yet and this is a possible preview of what an evil Hulk could be like and what could happen.My friend JT actually brought the Dark Hulk up to me and I was like oh yea I forgot about that version,I can't find the pics of Dark Hulk though.I'll try to find and post them.Please let me know what you think about this Dark Hulk theory.
    There is no way Rulk is only in Banner's mind.He's real.Banner hasn't been around the whole last arc..and he and Thor fought Rulk...as did She-Hulk and the Lady Liberators.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Supposedly, we'lll know by the end of the second arc

hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By hulkinup

I see that the Dark Hulk appeared in The Incredible Hulk #371 and unfortunately I don't have that issue.Can anyone give me any info on Dark Hulk?As I pointed out in my last post my friend and I believe that's who Rulk could be.If you think about it in this Rulk story run we've had a dumb green Hulk,a Rulk who we don't know the identity of ,then Fixit showed up.Just like in the 90's Hulk run where there were different personalities going on.The Dark Hulk who appeared briefly as far as I know could be Rulk,and these events could be going on in Banner's own mind just like back then.

geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By geraldthesloth

lol..red hulk is still going?

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    geraldthesloth said:
    "lol..red hulk is still going?
    "
    issue 11 is next week i think
    hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By hulkinup

Dark Hulk

No Caption Provided
    Half life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Half life

Dark Hulk's first appearence was in issue 370 where he actually materialized out of banner's mind at the very end. Then in issue 371 Banner,Doctor strange and the Grey hulk fought him on a mental level while "Doctor Stange" and Namor fought him physically.  they end up cornering him back into a  mental vault like place in Banner's mind and locking him away.  

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By lordraiden
    The Rorschach said:
    "I think its ross because remmber in the hellicariier ross was just sitting there talking to Iron man and the next panel red Hulk was kicking Iron mans @$$."

Um, if you'd read issue six, you'd know it aint Ross, cause one, it's too straight forward, and two, he was standing over Rulk's body telling him how he screwed up, which is basically telling you Ross IS connected, and know's who Rulk is, but obviously not him!
    lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By lordraiden
    hulkinup said:
    "I see that the Dark Hulk appeared in The Incredible Hulk #371 and unfortunately I don't have that issue.Can anyone give me any info on Dark Hulk?As I pointed out in my last post my friend and I believe that's who Rulk could be.If you think about it in this Rulk story run we've had a dumb green Hulk,a Rulk who we don't know the identity of ,then Fixit showed up.Just like in the 90's Hulk run where there were different personalities going on.The Dark Hulk who appeared briefly as far as I know could be Rulk,and these events could be going on in Banner's own mind just like back then.
    "
    Yeah, it's an interdimensional thing, and has nothing to do with current Rulk! who is connected to Ross and the military, which they haven't been shy in letting the reader know!
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By geraldthesloth

doc samsonnnn

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By lordraiden
    geraldthesloth said:
    "doc samsonnnn
    "

Well, again, i'd say way too obvious! As he was seen carrying away Rick Jones after he reverted him back from A-Bomb, after General Ross was seen talking to an unconscious Rulk and telling him how he screwed up!
    geraldthesloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By geraldthesloth

it is loeb...

Half life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Half life

If it were anyone in the usual cast of characters, I think it would be a total let down to the readers. I mean do you guys really want it to be ross or samson? It's a bit unimagenative and predictable if you ask me.

hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By hulkinup

Half Life said:" If it were anyone in the usual cast of characters, I think it would be a total let down to the readers. I mean do you guys really want it to be ross or samson? It's a bit unimagenative and predictable if you ask me."                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   I agree I mean my whole view at the very beginning was this has to be Ross but with so many possibilities out there,who really wants it to be something so plainly predictable.We gotta figure in more possibilities,I don't think it will be Ross or Samson.Maybe in the beginning the writer was planning on it being one of the two but then realized everyone thinks it's one of these two so I gotta make it neither one of them.Guess we'll just have to wait another year to find out,goodie.                                                                                      

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Bruce Wayne is Red Hulk

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By AtPhantom

Gotta hand it to Loeb, he knows how to surprise you with a mystery guest. It's always someone you least expect.

I say it's Betty Ross.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    AtPhantom said:
    "Gotta hand it to Loeb, he knows how to surprise you with a mystery guest. It's always someone you least expect.

I say it's Betty Ross.
    I say it's not.Never in the history of Hulk has a Hulk changed gender.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Vance Astro said:
    "AtPhantom said:
    "Gotta hand it to Loeb, he knows how to surprise you with a mystery guest. It's always someone you least expect.

I say it's Betty Ross.
    "
    I just really hope it isn't some split personality of Bruce
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    inferiorego said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "AtPhantom said:

I say it's Betty Ross.
    "
    "
    I just hope they reveal it already.Loeb shouldn't be the guy keeping people in suspense because whatever is revealed will probably be stupid.
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By inferiorego  Staff
    Vance Astro said:
    "inferiorego said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "AtPhantom said:

I say it's Betty Ross.
    "
    "
    I just hope they reveal it already.Loeb shouldn't be the guy keeping people in suspense because whatever is revealed will probably be stupid.
    "
    On the WordBubble podcast, he said we'll know before issue 12.
    hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By hulkinup

I'll be waiting for issue 12 chewing my legs off with anticipation.Thanks for that info Inferiorego,I'd been pondering when we'd finally f*^%@!& find out

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lordraiden
    Vance Astro said:
    "AtPhantom said:

I say it's Betty Ross.
    "

She Hulk :-)
    Akongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Akongo
    lordraiden said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "AtPhantom said:

I say it's Betty Ross.
    "

She Hulk :-)"
    O.o
    Avatar image for bastion_the_master__sentinel
    Bastion the Master--Sentinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

there are 2 guys for me,who could possibly bee the red Hulk.Madman and Ryker.i really think Ryker has something to do with "Rulk"

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By DEGRAAF

i thought that rulk was rick. isnt that what ross calls him?

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92  Edited By SUNMAN

Rulk is Bruce's dad duh!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Bruce Wayne is Rulk... duh

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#94  Edited By The_Martian
    DEGRAAF said:
    "i thought that rulk was rick. isnt that what ross calls him?"
    Rck is A-Bomb
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By DEGRAAF

o yea, your right.

for some reason i was thinkin that was cho

Watch Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Watch Dog

I still say its John Ryker

rizlatattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By rizlatattoo

The Ross / Samson haircut matches have got to be a red herring!

Anyone think it could be Ares? if it was, then Osborne isn't gonna mind him tearing round the place.

Not sure if Ares is as smart as the Red Hulk at the best of times, but they have the same rage, haircut and passion for weapons. Plus Ares would have access to SHEILD/HAMMER resources making the weapons easily available.

Not sure on it being Samson. It doesn't fit well with his crossover in Thunderbolts and woudl make the character far too "cartoonish" again.

If it is Samson or Ross though I'll be bitterly disappointed.

bigtalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By bigtalk

We know that Rulk is not Samson, Ross, Rick, or Ares.
    In the end of issue #6, Samson shoots Rick (who had just been A-Bomb) to prevent him from telling Bruce Rulk's identity. Then Ross stands over a downed Rulk and criticizes  him.
    Ares is active in the Avengers and has been making appearances in Incredible Hercules. He is a god.
    John Ryker is a good call. He did make the Gamma Corps. He could have done it to himself. (And obviously the Rulk was sanctioned by someone in the Government per Ross' dialog at the end of #6. - Nice one.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99  Edited By SUNMAN
    rizlatattoo said:
    The Ross / Samson haircut matches have got to be a red herring! Anyone think it could be Ares? if ... [more]
    its not Ares.
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Hadrelius
    bigtalk said:
    We know that Rulk is not Samson, Ross, Rick, or Ares.In the end of issue #6, Samson shoots Rick (who ... [more]
    I say it's Ryker too

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.