Follow

Thunderbolt Ross

Character » Thunderbolt Ross appears in 1614 issues.

Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross is former U.S. military general. He is father of Bruce Banner's love Betty Ross and was archenemy of the Incredible Hulk. Ross made a deal with villains to be transformed into a Hulk himself. As the ruthless and cunning Red Hulk, he attempted to destroy his nemesis and take control of the country before seeking redemption as an Avenger. After leaving the team, he formed his own group of Thunderbolts with other Anti-Heroes. He was recently depowered by Doctor Green.

I know who the Red Hulk is!

• 193 results
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hadrelius

I figured it out but just don't know how this person may have come to be him.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lordraiden

Alpha says:

"I figured it out but just don't know how this person may have come to be him. "

So, are you gonna tell us?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hadrelius

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
    "I figured it out but just don't know how this person may have come to be him. "
    So, are you gonna tell us?"

Thanks 4 asking. It's Samson. He was missing in the attack, he knew Rick was suppose to be dead (because he was there), his comment to Rick which lets you kow that he knows him, and then it's his hair. It's the same shape as the Red Hulk.

What do you think?

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lordraiden

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    Thanks 4 asking. It's Samson. He was missing in the attack, he knew Rick was suppose to be dead (because he was there), his comment to Rick which lets you kow that he knows him, and then it's his hair. It's the same shape as the Red Hulk. What do you think? "

I agree! I read it on another site! even though it doesn't make sense to me? why would they turn samson into a hulk, when he's already got superstrength and can go toe to toe with the hulk? I know he can't beat him, but samson as the hulk, I honestly thought they could've thought it out a bit bitter! a powerhouse turning into a bigger power house! WOW!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    Thanks 4 asking. It's Samson. He was missing in the attack, he knew Rick was suppose to be dead (because he was there), his comment to Rick which lets you kow that he knows him, and then it's his hair. It's the same shape as the Red Hulk. What do you think? "
    I agree! I read it on another site! even though it doesn't make sense to me? why would they turn samson into a hulk, when he's already got superstrength and can go toe to toe with the hulk? I know he can't beat him, but samson as the hulk, I honestly thought they could've thought it out a bit bitter! a powerhouse turning into a bigger power house! WOW!"

I agree!

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By fesak  Moderator

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:

I agree! I read it on another site! even though it doesn't make sense to me? why would they turn samson into a hulk, when he's already got superstrength and can go toe to toe with the hulk? I know he can't beat him, but samson as the hulk, I honestly thought they could've thought it out a bit bitter! a powerhouse turning into a bigger power house! WOW!"

The answer to that is that Jeph Loeb is a really bad writer.

Samson really was an unique character in that he's a psychiatrist in addition to the generic powerset.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hadrelius

fesak says:

"lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    The answer to that is that Jeph Loeb is a really bad writer. Samson really was an unique character in that he's a psychiatrist in addition to the generic powerset."

I don't think it will be permanent but I would love to know why and to what it will mean to to Marvel u.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lordraiden

Alpha says:

"fesak says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    The answer to that is that Jeph Loeb is a really bad writer. Samson really was an unique character in that he's a psychiatrist in addition to the generic powerset."
    I don't think it will be permanent but I would love to know why and to what it will mean to to Marvel u. "

So, what does that mean to the new Hulk title? I seriously doubt that samson (if that's who the new hulk is) will remain a/the hulk! is this an ongoing or a limited?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hadrelius

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
    "fesak says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    I don't think it will be permanent but I would love to know why and to what it will mean to to Marvel u. "
    So, what does that mean to the new Hulk title? I seriously doubt that samson (if that's who the new hulk is) will remain a/the hulk! is this an ongoing or a limited? "

I think its just a story the J. Loeb has come up with that will be just for his run. Like when (I can't remember his name) did a Hulk run where Rick Jones was another Hulk.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordraiden

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "fesak says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    So, what does that mean to the new Hulk title? I seriously doubt that samson (if that's who the new hulk is) will remain a/the hulk! is this an ongoing or a limited? "
    I think its just a story the J. Loeb has come up with that will be just for his run. Like when (I can't remember his name) did a Hulk run where Rick Jones was another Hulk. "

Thank god for that! I think as a limited series, it's fine! but outside of that, where else are they gonna go! especially when you got the real deal! besides, still waiting for the third arc for hulk! pak said that it was a trilogy, Planet hulk, WWH, and now waiting on the next chapter!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hadrelius

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "fesak says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    I think its just a story the J. Loeb has come up with that will be just for his run. Like when (I can't remember his name) did a Hulk run where Rick Jones was another Hulk. "
    Thank god for that! I think as a limited series, it's fine! but outside of that, where else are they gonna go! especially when you got the real deal! besides, still waiting for the third arc for hulk! pak said that it was a trilogy, Planet hulk, WWH, and now waiting on the next chapter! "

The next chapter I think has something to do with his son Skarr.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1
    lboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By lboy

so when does the next hulk come out

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spider2dfly

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:

Thanks 4 asking. It's Samson. He was missing in the attack, he knew Rick was suppose to be dead (because he was there), his comment to Rick which lets you kow that he knows him, and then it's his hair. It's the same shape as the Red Hulk.

What do you think? "

With that in mind, do you think that they'll let Bruce out to battle the Red Hulk?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hadrelius

spider2dfly says:

"Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    With that in mind, do you think that they'll let Bruce out to battle the Red Hulk?"

Yes, I hope. They may need him to stop him.

spider2dfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By spider2dfly

I don't this, I thought that Doc Samson gets his powers fro mis long hair. If his hairstyle is shorter when he becomes the red hulk, where could he get his strength? Does it mean his like Bruce?

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By lordraiden

spider2dfly says:

"I don't this, I thought that Doc Samson gets his powers fro mis long hair. If his hairstyle is shorter when he becomes the red hulk, where could he get his strength? Does it mean his like Bruce?"

Uh, wrong Samson! your thinking of biblical Samson, not gamma irradiated friend of the Hulk Samson!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hadrelius

lordraiden says:

"spider2dfly says:
    "I don't this, I thought that Doc Samson gets his powers fro mis long hair. If his hairstyle is shorter when he becomes the red hulk, where could he get his strength? Does it mean his like Bruce?"
    Uh, wrong Samson! your thinking of biblical Samson, not gamma irradiated friend of the Hulk Samson!"

He's right, when Samson first came out, his strength was based like the biblical Samson even though it was gamma induced. It's not the case any longer.

Dragoonz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dragoonz1

OK I know by now that most people think that red is Doc Samson. but come on thats to easy. if I may I'd like to make another suggestion for a Red Hulk candidate. And that would be Grey from the Gamma Corps. To me he fits the profile of the red hulk. I figure if the original hulk can change color and power levels, why not someone made to be like him.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think it's Ross but I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong. First they had us thinking it was Rick, then some people thought (and currently think) it's Samson, and now the last issue is leading me to Ross(the whispers, the hate for Banner, the gun use). I think they're doing that part of the story well in keeping us guessing.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hadrelius

Buckshot says:

"I think it's Ross but I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong. First they had us thinking it was Rick, then some people thought (and currently think) it's Samson, and now the last issue is leading me to Ross(the whispers, the hate for Banner, the gun use). I think they're doing that part of the story well in keeping us guessing. "

The gun use would point to the General, but I'm starting to think its none of them. They are they to keep us guessing and it will be someone off the chart.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

Maybe It's a Hulk clone gone wrong! I made my own comic going along the story lines like 3-4 years ago!And Maybe He retained Most of Banner's Intellect but the hulk's Fury, Rage, and Violence!

Dragoonz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dragoonz1

Buckshot says:

"I think it's Ross but I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong. First they had us thinking it was Rick, then some people thought (and currently think) it's Samson, and now the last issue is leading me to Ross(the whispers, the hate for Banner, the gun use). I think they're doing that part of the story well in keeping us guessing. "

see i like to think if it were Ross that they'd keep the mustache even in hulk form.

Ziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By Ziggy

I don't know if this even makes sense because I haven't been following whats happening closely but I think the Red Hulk may be Skaar but I have no idea how he got there.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

Ziggy says:

"I don't know if this even makes sense because I haven't been following whats happening closely but I think the Red Hulk may be Skaar but I have no idea how he got there."

Well Skaar Isn't red, Skaar is like a dark,dark green close to like a brown color!

Xeron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Xeron

Yup it was the hair that made it obvious for me as well, the last panel "banner, im going to enjoy this".

Samson's had a lot of beef with Hulk over the years, the red hulk might be the representation of his deep buried dark emotions.

1. Samson's never liked killing

2. He was friends with Jimmy

3. He always wanted to help the Hulk

What's the opposite of all 3 of those?
    Post Edited:2008-04-27 16:19:44

AndromedaOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AndromedaOmega

True. Ive been thinking its Samson also...because people forgot to mention, Samson is more like a pacifist...so why did he start the fight in the first issue by nearly knocking Red Guardians block off?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hadrelius

Vixen says:

"True. Ive been thinking its Samson also...because people forgot to mention, Samson is more like a pacifist...so why did he start the fight in the first issue by nearly knocking Red Guardians block off?"

Becoming the Red Hulk could have made him more aggressive.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lordraiden

I believe there is a hint/giveaway in this issue: "Back in Russia-- I drove my fist through the original abominations skull--splitting it"! Red Hulk while pounding away on A-Bomb! So, has Ross or Samson taken on the original Abomination in Russia?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Hadrelius

lordraiden says:

"I believe there is a hint/giveaway in this issue: "Back in Russia-- I drove my fist through the original abominations skull--splitting it"! Red Hulk while pounding away on A-Bomb! So, has Ross or Samson taken on the original Abomination in Russia?"

That happen in the 1st issue.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lordraiden

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
    "I believe there is a hint/giveaway in this issue: "Back in Russia-- I drove my fist through the original abominations skull--splitting it"! Red Hulk while pounding away on A-Bomb! So, has Ross or Samson taken on the original Abomination in Russia?"
    That happen in the 1st issue. "

Right, gotcha! Here i'm thinking it's dating back to oldschool! I thought he shot the original Abomination? I better lay off the old mans home brew lol can't think straight!

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hadrelius

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    That happen in the 1st issue. "
    Right, gotcha! Here i'm thinking it's dating back to oldschool! I thought he shot the original Abomination? I better lay off the old mans home brew lol can't think straight!"

LOL!

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

It's ross because:

Look at it "Banner I'm going to enjoy this." My reasons:

1. Ross uses guns more than his fists the hulk doesn't!

2. I think only ross would say:"Banner I'm going to enjoy this."

3. Ross now has the power to smack-down Banner's/Hulk's A$$!

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

Venom-Hulker_1 says:

"It's ross because: Look at it "Banner I'm going to enjoy this." My reasons:1. Ross uses guns more than his fists the hulk doesn't!2. I think only ross would say:"Banner I'm going to enjoy this."3. Ross now has the power to smack-down Banner's/Hulk's A$$!"

4.Don't you think the hair is like ross's?

5.The chin Is one that bother Leonard Samson and General Ross have!

dumbgreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dumbgreek

I know who the red hulk really is, and no body any where I've been has even thought about this guy, its General John Ryker, the guy who put the gamma corps together. Remember one issue of WWH (actually I think it was a tie-in issue) he contacted hulk's ship and talked to him, as well as fired missiles at him too.

Venom-Hulker_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Venom-Hulker_1

I don't know why but is madman still alive if he is that might be like a new incarnation of madman!

Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Venom-Hulker_1 says:

"Venom-Hulker_1 says:
    "It's ross because: Look at it "Banner I'm going to enjoy this." My reasons:1. Ross uses guns more than his fists the hulk doesn't!2. I think only ross would say:"Banner I'm going to enjoy this."3. Ross now has the power to smack-down Banner's/Hulk's A$$!"

4.Don't you think the hair is like ross's?

5.The chin Is one that bother Leonard Samson and General Ross have!"

Yeah well wheres the beard?

cosmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By cosmos

Venom-Hulker_1 says:

"It's ross because: Look at it "Banner I'm going to enjoy this." My reasons: 1. Ross uses guns more than his fists the hulk doesn't! 2. I think only ross would say:"Banner I'm going to enjoy this." 3. Ross now has the power to smack-down Banner's/Hulk's A$$!"

it not general ross.it can't be because i found a preview of issue two in the red hulk series.and genral ross was badly hert.

Avatar image for the_human_juggernaut
    the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so ross's facial hair magically goes away when he turns into the red hulk?

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for vlad_tepes_dracula
    Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doc Samson, he has a haircut, and notice his Anger management problems recently?

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goddammit...

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By acewasp23

the general in that pic doesn't look like Ross. and if its not him then it could be a hint.

Ace High

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Ace High

Samson has knocked the hulk out before. I know thats pertaining more to the beginning of this thread but i'd thought i'd clear that up :D

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

... CANE MARKO!!! the CRIMSON bands of Cyrotakk have turned him into the Crimson Hulk!!!

Vlad Tepes Dracula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/thehulk/hulk1.jpggoddammit..."

fesak says:

"lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:
    "lordraiden says:
    "Alpha says:

The answer to that is that Jeph Loeb is a really bad writer.

Samson really was an unique character in that he's a psychiatrist in addition to the generic powerset."

well and the answer to that is that Samson is in the pick WITH the red hulk so NO

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Resonate

feels lost

the human Juggernaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"... CANE MARKO!!! the CRIMSON bands of Cyrotakk have turned him into the Crimson Hulk!!!"

if that was true i would never read a marvel comic again.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Hadrelius

I'm confused.
     Did they show who he was?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Hadrelius

I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I wasn't clear at the end who he was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.