I know who the Red Hulk is!

• 193 results
#1 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I figured it out but just don't know how this person may have come to be him.

#2 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"I figured it out but just don't know how this person may have come to be him. "

So, are you gonna tell us?

#3 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"I figured it out but just don't know how this person may have come to be him. "
So, are you gonna tell us?"

Thanks 4 asking. It's Samson. He was missing in the attack, he knew Rick was suppose to be dead (because he was there), his comment to Rick which lets you kow that he knows him, and then it's his hair. It's the same shape as the Red Hulk.

What do you think?

#4 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
Thanks 4 asking. It's Samson. He was missing in the attack, he knew Rick was suppose to be dead (because he was there), his comment to Rick which lets you kow that he knows him, and then it's his hair. It's the same shape as the Red Hulk. What do you think? "

I agree! I read it on another site! even though it doesn't make sense to me? why would they turn samson into a hulk, when he's already got superstrength and can go toe to toe with the hulk? I know he can't beat him, but samson as the hulk, I honestly thought they could've thought it out a bit bitter! a powerhouse turning into a bigger power house! WOW!

#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
Thanks 4 asking. It's Samson. He was missing in the attack, he knew Rick was suppose to be dead (because he was there), his comment to Rick which lets you kow that he knows him, and then it's his hair. It's the same shape as the Red Hulk. What do you think? "
I agree! I read it on another site! even though it doesn't make sense to me? why would they turn samson into a hulk, when he's already got superstrength and can go toe to toe with the hulk? I know he can't beat him, but samson as the hulk, I honestly thought they could've thought it out a bit bitter! a powerhouse turning into a bigger power house! WOW!"

I agree!

#6 Posted by fesak (7054 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:

I agree! I read it on another site! even though it doesn't make sense to me? why would they turn samson into a hulk, when he's already got superstrength and can go toe to toe with the hulk? I know he can't beat him, but samson as the hulk, I honestly thought they could've thought it out a bit bitter! a powerhouse turning into a bigger power house! WOW!"

The answer to that is that Jeph Loeb is a really bad writer.

Samson really was an unique character in that he's a psychiatrist in addition to the generic powerset.

#7 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
The answer to that is that Jeph Loeb is a really bad writer. Samson really was an unique character in that he's a psychiatrist in addition to the generic powerset."

I don't think it will be permanent but I would love to know why and to what it will mean to to Marvel u.

#8 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"fesak says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
The answer to that is that Jeph Loeb is a really bad writer. Samson really was an unique character in that he's a psychiatrist in addition to the generic powerset."
I don't think it will be permanent but I would love to know why and to what it will mean to to Marvel u. "

So, what does that mean to the new Hulk title? I seriously doubt that samson (if that's who the new hulk is) will remain a/the hulk! is this an ongoing or a limited?

#9 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"fesak says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
I don't think it will be permanent but I would love to know why and to what it will mean to to Marvel u. "
So, what does that mean to the new Hulk title? I seriously doubt that samson (if that's who the new hulk is) will remain a/the hulk! is this an ongoing or a limited? "

I think its just a story the J. Loeb has come up with that will be just for his run. Like when (I can't remember his name) did a Hulk run where Rick Jones was another Hulk.

#10 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"fesak says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
So, what does that mean to the new Hulk title? I seriously doubt that samson (if that's who the new hulk is) will remain a/the hulk! is this an ongoing or a limited? "
I think its just a story the J. Loeb has come up with that will be just for his run. Like when (I can't remember his name) did a Hulk run where Rick Jones was another Hulk. "

Thank god for that! I think as a limited series, it's fine! but outside of that, where else are they gonna go! especially when you got the real deal! besides, still waiting for the third arc for hulk! pak said that it was a trilogy, Planet hulk, WWH, and now waiting on the next chapter!

#11 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"fesak says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
I think its just a story the J. Loeb has come up with that will be just for his run. Like when (I can't remember his name) did a Hulk run where Rick Jones was another Hulk. "
Thank god for that! I think as a limited series, it's fine! but outside of that, where else are they gonna go! especially when you got the real deal! besides, still waiting for the third arc for hulk! pak said that it was a trilogy, Planet hulk, WWH, and now waiting on the next chapter! "

The next chapter I think has something to do with his son Skarr.

#12 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by lboy (525 posts) - - Show Bio

so when does the next hulk come out

#14 Posted by spider2dfly (230 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:

Thanks 4 asking. It's Samson. He was missing in the attack, he knew Rick was suppose to be dead (because he was there), his comment to Rick which lets you kow that he knows him, and then it's his hair. It's the same shape as the Red Hulk.

What do you think? "

With that in mind, do you think that they'll let Bruce out to battle the Red Hulk?

#15 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

spider2dfly says:

"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
With that in mind, do you think that they'll let Bruce out to battle the Red Hulk?"

Yes, I hope. They may need him to stop him.

#16 Posted by spider2dfly (230 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't this, I thought that Doc Samson gets his powers fro mis long hair. If his hairstyle is shorter when he becomes the red hulk, where could he get his strength? Does it mean his like Bruce?

#17 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

spider2dfly says:

"I don't this, I thought that Doc Samson gets his powers fro mis long hair. If his hairstyle is shorter when he becomes the red hulk, where could he get his strength? Does it mean his like Bruce?"

Uh, wrong Samson! your thinking of biblical Samson, not gamma irradiated friend of the Hulk Samson!

#18 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"spider2dfly says:
"I don't this, I thought that Doc Samson gets his powers fro mis long hair. If his hairstyle is shorter when he becomes the red hulk, where could he get his strength? Does it mean his like Bruce?"
Uh, wrong Samson! your thinking of biblical Samson, not gamma irradiated friend of the Hulk Samson!"

He's right, when Samson first came out, his strength was based like the biblical Samson even though it was gamma induced. It's not the case any longer.

#19 Posted by Dragoonz1 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

OK I know by now that most people think that red is Doc Samson. but come on thats to easy. if I may I'd like to make another suggestion for a Red Hulk candidate. And that would be Grey from the Gamma Corps. To me he fits the profile of the red hulk. I figure if the original hulk can change color and power levels, why not someone made to be like him.

#20 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's Ross but I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong. First they had us thinking it was Rick, then some people thought (and currently think) it's Samson, and now the last issue is leading me to Ross(the whispers, the hate for Banner, the gun use). I think they're doing that part of the story well in keeping us guessing.

#21 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I think it's Ross but I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong. First they had us thinking it was Rick, then some people thought (and currently think) it's Samson, and now the last issue is leading me to Ross(the whispers, the hate for Banner, the gun use). I think they're doing that part of the story well in keeping us guessing. "

The gun use would point to the General, but I'm starting to think its none of them. They are they to keep us guessing and it will be someone off the chart.

#22 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe It's a Hulk clone gone wrong! I made my own comic going along the story lines like 3-4 years ago!And Maybe He retained Most of Banner's Intellect but the hulk's Fury, Rage, and Violence!

#23 Posted by Dragoonz1 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"I think it's Ross but I wouldn't be surprised if I were wrong. First they had us thinking it was Rick, then some people thought (and currently think) it's Samson, and now the last issue is leading me to Ross(the whispers, the hate for Banner, the gun use). I think they're doing that part of the story well in keeping us guessing. "

see i like to think if it were Ross that they'd keep the mustache even in hulk form.

#24 Posted by Ziggy (47 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if this even makes sense because I haven't been following whats happening closely but I think the Red Hulk may be Skaar but I have no idea how he got there.

#25 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Ziggy says:

"I don't know if this even makes sense because I haven't been following whats happening closely but I think the Red Hulk may be Skaar but I have no idea how he got there."

Well Skaar Isn't red, Skaar is like a dark,dark green close to like a brown color!

#26 Posted by Xeron (293 posts) - - Show Bio

Yup it was the hair that made it obvious for me as well, the last panel "banner, im going to enjoy this".

Samson's had a lot of beef with Hulk over the years, the red hulk might be the representation of his deep buried dark emotions.

1. Samson's never liked killing

2. He was friends with Jimmy

3. He always wanted to help the Hulk

What's the opposite of all 3 of those?
Post Edited:2008-04-27 16:19:44

#27 Posted by Vixen (66 posts) - - Show Bio

True. Ive been thinking its Samson also...because people forgot to mention, Samson is more like a pacifist...so why did he start the fight in the first issue by nearly knocking Red Guardians block off?

#28 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen says:

"True. Ive been thinking its Samson also...because people forgot to mention, Samson is more like a pacifist...so why did he start the fight in the first issue by nearly knocking Red Guardians block off?"

Becoming the Red Hulk could have made him more aggressive.

#29 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe there is a hint/giveaway in this issue: "Back in Russia-- I drove my fist through the original abominations skull--splitting it"! Red Hulk while pounding away on A-Bomb! So, has Ross or Samson taken on the original Abomination in Russia?

#30 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"I believe there is a hint/giveaway in this issue: "Back in Russia-- I drove my fist through the original abominations skull--splitting it"! Red Hulk while pounding away on A-Bomb! So, has Ross or Samson taken on the original Abomination in Russia?"

That happen in the 1st issue.

#31 Posted by lordraiden (7098 posts) - - Show Bio

Alpha says:

"lordraiden says:
"I believe there is a hint/giveaway in this issue: "Back in Russia-- I drove my fist through the original abominations skull--splitting it"! Red Hulk while pounding away on A-Bomb! So, has Ross or Samson taken on the original Abomination in Russia?"
That happen in the 1st issue. "

Right, gotcha! Here i'm thinking it's dating back to oldschool! I thought he shot the original Abomination? I better lay off the old mans home brew lol can't think straight!

#32 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

lordraiden says:

"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
That happen in the 1st issue. "
Right, gotcha! Here i'm thinking it's dating back to oldschool! I thought he shot the original Abomination? I better lay off the old mans home brew lol can't think straight!"

LOL!

#33 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

It's ross because:

Look at it "Banner I'm going to enjoy this." My reasons:

1. Ross uses guns more than his fists the hulk doesn't!

2. I think only ross would say:"Banner I'm going to enjoy this."

3. Ross now has the power to smack-down Banner's/Hulk's A$$!

#34 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom-Hulker_1 says:

"It's ross because: Look at it "Banner I'm going to enjoy this." My reasons:1. Ross uses guns more than his fists the hulk doesn't!2. I think only ross would say:"Banner I'm going to enjoy this."3. Ross now has the power to smack-down Banner's/Hulk's A$$!"

4.Don't you think the hair is like ross's?

5.The chin Is one that bother Leonard Samson and General Ross have!

#35 Posted by dumbgreek (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I know who the red hulk really is, and no body any where I've been has even thought about this guy, its General John Ryker, the guy who put the gamma corps together. Remember one issue of WWH (actually I think it was a tie-in issue) he contacted hulk's ship and talked to him, as well as fired missiles at him too.

#36 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know why but is madman still alive if he is that might be like a new incarnation of madman!

#37 Posted by Dr. Victor von Doom (3118 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom-Hulker_1 says:

"Venom-Hulker_1 says:
"It's ross because: Look at it "Banner I'm going to enjoy this." My reasons:1. Ross uses guns more than his fists the hulk doesn't!2. I think only ross would say:"Banner I'm going to enjoy this."3. Ross now has the power to smack-down Banner's/Hulk's A$$!"

4.Don't you think the hair is like ross's?

5.The chin Is one that bother Leonard Samson and General Ross have!"

Yeah well wheres the beard?

#38 Posted by cosmos (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom-Hulker_1 says:

"It's ross because: Look at it "Banner I'm going to enjoy this." My reasons: 1. Ross uses guns more than his fists the hulk doesn't! 2. I think only ross would say:"Banner I'm going to enjoy this." 3. Ross now has the power to smack-down Banner's/Hulk's A$$!"

it not general ross.it can't be because i found a preview of issue two in the red hulk series.and genral ross was badly hert.

#39 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

so ross's facial hair magically goes away when he turns into the red hulk?

#40 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Doc Samson, he has a haircut, and notice his Anger management problems recently?

#42 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

goddammit...

#43 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

the general in that pic doesn't look like Ross. and if its not him then it could be a hint.

#44 Posted by Ace High (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Samson has knocked the hulk out before. I know thats pertaining more to the beginning of this thread but i'd thought i'd clear that up :D

#45 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

... CANE MARKO!!! the CRIMSON bands of Cyrotakk have turned him into the Crimson Hulk!!!

#46 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"http://images.comicbookresources.com/previews/marvelcomics/thehulk/hulk1.jpggoddammit..."

fesak says:

"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:
"lordraiden says:
"Alpha says:

The answer to that is that Jeph Loeb is a really bad writer.

Samson really was an unique character in that he's a psychiatrist in addition to the generic powerset."

well and the answer to that is that Samson is in the pick WITH the red hulk so NO

#47 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

feels lost

#48 Posted by the human Juggernaut (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

Vlad Tepes Dracula says:

"... CANE MARKO!!! the CRIMSON bands of Cyrotakk have turned him into the Crimson Hulk!!!"

if that was true i would never read a marvel comic again.

#49 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused.
 Did they show who he was?

#50 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to spoil it for anyone but I wasn't clear at the end who he was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.