Ed McGuinness art vs Gabriel Hardman art whose better

#1 Posted by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

in my opinion Ed McGuinness is far better in his art hardman everyone looks kinda wierd and smurky
i'd prefer Ed McGuinness doing the art for hulk

#2 Posted by movieartman (777 posts) - - Show Bio

ed is the better of the 2 
but id really prefer that Carlo Pagulayan was the continule artist on it more than both of em  
his work on Hulk #34 came out yeasterday was fantastic

#3 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh depends really. The tone of the story. Darker, grittier, more emotional stuff? Hardman. Ed for the bright, fun, loud stuff. 

#4 Edited by higher_evolutionary (2015 posts) - - Show Bio
@movieartman: yeah his work on 34 sure is amazing

side note: does anyone know why am i limited to 5 posts a day ???
#5 Posted by SC (11960 posts) - - Show Bio
@higher_evolutionary:  

Ah sorry about that. Its a spam prevention rule/limit. Once your post count is higher or after a day or two, you should be able to post without floodgate. 
#6 Posted by Panelbomber (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Have never been much of a fan of Ed McGuiness, characters are a bit too ripped and bubbled for my taste. Hardman has nice classic super-hero artwork.

#7 Posted by Maki_P (273 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in love with Hardman's art in Hulk, it's so pretty and artistic, specially in the Omegex arch. Rulk looks kinda huggable under his pen, and I love it

#8 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

McGuinness for the win!

It's not even close.

#9 Posted by kingoftheworld (254 posts) - - Show Bio

Hardman.

#10 Posted by FredexMuia (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed is way better than hardman

#11 Edited by CATPANEXE (9366 posts) - - Show Bio

Hardman for Red (I love that they're taking it seriously enough to even try and phase out the Rulk moniker). McGuinness is larger than life and iconic, but in this case Harman's art give the character the serious tone it sorely needed to redeem it, so it works. Maybe this is also because of the writing it's compounded with adding to the effect, I'm not sure.

#12 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@SC said:
Eh depends really. The tone of the story. Darker, grittier, more emotional stuff? Hardman. Ed for the bright, fun, loud stuff. 
#13 Posted by DEGRAAF (7811 posts) - - Show Bio

any pictures to judge off of?

#14 Posted by Trodorne (2569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Panelbomber said:

Have never been much of a fan of Ed McGuiness, characters are a bit too ripped and bubbled for my taste. Hardman has nice classic super-hero artwork.

This

#15 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (4671 posts) - - Show Bio

Ed FTW

#16 Posted by micahparadise (447 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Ed McGuiness. He brings the SUPER to super heros with his exaggerated muscles and fun feel

#17 Posted by Jake Fury (17924 posts) - - Show Bio

Hardman for me and by far. Not a fan of EM's work.

Hardman needs more mainstream work.

#18 Posted by TheAcidSkull (15929 posts) - - Show Bio

ed

his hulk is unmatched.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.