Who wishes thunderbird was still here

#1 Posted by NEW VENOM (926 posts) - - Show Bio

John Proudstar rocks

#2 Posted by reaper75 (15 posts) - - Show Bio

i do

#3 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio

While he was alive, he looked like he had potential to be one of the most awesome Marvel heroes ever. I know his powers weren't completely original but his personality just dripped of potential character development. Killing him is one of the few things for which I don't think I will ever be able to forgive Marvel. It's not like killing off a character was even necessary for keeping readers interested. They had just introduced the "All New, All Different" X-Men. They wouldn't have needed something 'epic' like that for quite some time.

R.I.P. John Proudstar

#4 Posted by Ripcord (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

They took John to give us James. That's an even trade to me. James is an awesome character, where John could have been an awesome character.

#5 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio
Ripcord said:
"They took John to give us James. That's an even trade to me. James is an awesome character, where John could have been an awesome character."

John was the original. They should have stuck with him.
#6 Edited by Ripcord (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

He was the original what? He didn't have any story. He was dead before he made it to twenty issues. lol

#7 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio
Ripcord said:
"He was the original what? He didn't have any story. He was dead before he made it to twenty issues. lol"

He was the original super-strong, super-fast, hot-tempered- Apache-dude.
#8 Posted by Ripcord (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

That was all he was. James is much more than that, but like Biggie said "you're nobody til somebody kills you."

#9 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio
Ripcord said:
"

That was all he was. James is much more than that, but like Biggie said "you're nobody til somebody kills you."

"

John could have been much more than that too, if he had only been given the chance.
#10 Posted by Ripcord (1309 posts) - - Show Bio

But he wasn't. You like in your thirties, huh? I ask that because that's how long he's been dead, and not brought back. He wasn't anything special, because he didn't have a story. All he had was anger. Let him rest. As long as they don't kill James, I'm good.

#11 Posted by MUTANT413 (402 posts) - - Show Bio
Ripcord said:
"But he wasn't. You like in your thirties, huh? I ask that because that's how long he's been dead, and not brought back. He wasn't anything special, because he didn't have a story. All he had was anger. Let him rest. As long as they don't kill James, I'm good."

Thirties?? No, I'm 17. I'm just a fan of the older stuff.
I just think of James as a coverup for a bad choice. After killing John, Marvel must have thought, "Dang, that was a bad idea. We shouldn't have killed him. But since there's no obvious way to bring him back from the dead, let's make his little brother into basically the exact same character, only with a different first name."
#12 Posted by WillX (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should have kept him around as well
#13 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

He was created purely to be killed off.  A big dramatic moment by killing a character off.  It was a rarity back then.  The introduction of James was to commemorate the All-New All-Different X-Men by taunting Xavier with a reminder of his greatest failing (at a time before there was such a person as Vulcan ;) 

I really love Warpath, as he's become his own character with his own differences.  Even though he started out as a shadow of his brother.   

However, if you're a Thunderbird fan then you'll either be pleased or disgusted to learn he's been brought back to life (after 30 years in the ground).

#14 Posted by wooodude1 (109 posts) - - Show Bio
I haven't read x-force 26 so are the Necrosha revived mutants still going to live because i really really wish they would keep Pyro, Thunderbird & Banshee dead. Yes i love all three of them but i like how marvel kept them dead. Its not that special they kept John dead because he was not developed and beside it made James so much more bad ass. I like him but still live the dead dead marvel........Captain America thats all i'm saying
#15 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@wooodude1: Sadly no.  Destiny predicted that she would die again when Selene's power faded.  The only reason Cypher stayed alive was (apparently) because of the influence of Magik's magic & Warlock's own transmode virus.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.