Follow

Threnody

Character » Threnody appears in 144 issues.

Threnody is a mutant called an "energy vampire". She is a former slave of Mr. Sinister and lover of X-man Nate Grey.

How Powerful is Threnody?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Self-Explanatory...how powerful is she?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Nobody?

WillX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By WillX

She is no Omega 

But she is powerful, she absorbs power, so the question is, there a limit to the amount of power she can absorb?
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @WillX said:
    "  She is no Omega  But she is powerful, she absorbs power, so the question is, there a limit to the amount of power she can absorb? "
    I don't know..that's why I asked.
    Pulsar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Pulsar

I think it depends on how much death happens with in her area. I really don't understand how her whole siphoning of death energies thing work, but I know they have to die within a certain distance of her for it to charge her up.
    Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @Vance Astro:
    @Pulsar said:

" I think it depends on how much death happens with in her area. I really don't understand how her whole siphoning of death energies thing work, but I know they have to die within a certain distance of her for it to charge her up. "

true, though once she is sufficiently charged and reanimates a few dead she can elevate her power exponentially via absorbing their death each they are killed and healing them with no drainage on her part.

Her psionic absorption also gives her quite the boost when facing  straight up telepaths and telekinetics since she's effectively immune to them.

I could argue she's an alpha level mutant with a major skill in the absorption department.
    Hope the helps Vance.
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Thunderscream

On the subject of Threnody, who seems to be immortal as long as there's the hint of death around her.....I wonder if they'll ever develop the plotline with her and Nate's baby (who was hinted at having a feral mutation of some sort)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Thanks guys.

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @Vance Astro: No prob Vance, anytime :P
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Leliel
    @Ryonslaught said:
    " @Vance Astro:
    @Pulsar said:

" I think it depends on how much death happens with in her area. I really don't understand how her whole siphoning of death energies thing work, but I know they have to die within a certain distance of her for it to charge her up. "

true, though once she is sufficiently charged and reanimates a few dead she can elevate her power exponentially via absorbing their death each they are killed and healing them with no drainage on her part.  Her psionic absorption also gives her quite the boost when facing  straight up telepaths and telekinetics since she's effectively immune to them.  I could argue she's an alpha level mutant with a major skill in the absorption department. Hope the helps Vance. "
    Not sure about Alpha the fact she has those power inhibitor means she doesn't know how to control it if she indeed could get better at it, I would see she has potential to grow she seen using the powers of a dead mutant before so that means she could potential re-write her own DNA like Elixir did to her herself a boost
    Fresh0133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By Fresh0133
    @Ryonslaught:
    Wasn't Threnody able to use dead people's powers instinctively, even if they'd been ressurected, in her later appearances or am I imagining that?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.