Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Your opinions on Thor:Dark World

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What did you think of the movie? Please post your opinions and no spoilers, but if you must, hide them.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

It was great.

the good: action, asgard

bad: didn't get to see all of the 9 realms in full like i expected

ugly: kurse vs THOR fight.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I thought it was good. Some parts felt a little rushed but was still good.

TazzMission

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only nit pick was malicif was so under developed . other than that i really enjoyed it

Avatar image for captnmcdeadpool
    captnmcdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By captnmcdeadpool

I loved it. I'm very familiar with Thors characters continuity, but I have also learned to stop picking the superhero movies apart because they dont tie into comic continuity so well.

Having said that, there were a few nods from the movie to the comics and that was nice to see. Much more action than the first one. Had sort of a Lord of the Rings meets Star Wars meets Superman feel to it.

The movie was well paced and took the appropriate nod from Avengers in terms of a good mix of action and humor.

For the ladies, there was a nice scene of Hemsworth...well, youll just have to see it.

Dont listen to the critics.

Go see the movie.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
    NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I thought it was good. Some parts felt a little rushed but was still good.

I take this back, my expectations were a little too high when I saw it the first time.

Seeing it the second time made me like it more and kinda take this back.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

What I liked:

-Odin, he seems more chill in this one than in the first

-Thor and Loki. The two of them together, bickering was fantastic

- Exploring more of the 9 realms

-The mid credits scene

What I didn't like:

-Too much humor, like WAY too much.

-Jane Foster, just as useless as ever

-Darcy and her comic relief intern

-Selvig being turned from a serious scientist to a comic relief crazy person

-Not enough focus on Malekith and his backstory

-Not enough focus on The Warrior's Three and Sif (I really thought they were gonna play up Sif being jealous of Jane)

-"Meh" ending fight

Overall, it was a decent movie, not as good as the first Thor..but decent. 3/5

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
    deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

It's the second to best movie i have watched this year.

OmegaRed86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By OmegaRed86

As an overall comic book movie: The movie was very good. A little less comedy would have been nice. Overall B plus.

As a Thor movie: This reminded me of the Dark Knight movie, as in you see less of the main character and focus more on other characters. Less side characters would have been nice(especially the humans), stop limiting Thor and Mjolnir's abilities. Overall: C-

archaengel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By archaengel

I was disappointed. I enjoyed the movie, but I expected so much more from it. The Thor, Sif, Jane triangle should have been dealt with more thoroughly. On that note, the Warriors Three had little to do with this movie. I figured at least Sif would be involved with more, once again back to that Sif/Jane dynamic.

The biggest problem I had with this movie, was Thor himself. Chris is fine, it's just the way they write him. It's not spoiling anything, but Thor was extremely weak in this movie. He took some serious poundings from the baddies, but he never dished anything out. He rarely used lightning, and he rarely hit anybody; let alone whomp on them. With Kurse in the movie, I figured him and Thor would've traded serious blows back and forth. Thor could've hit him with so much power, and Kurse still could have kept coming at Thor

archaengel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As an overall comic book movie: The movie was very good. A little less comedy would have been nice. Overall B plus.

As a Thor movie: This reminded me of the Dark Knight movie, as in you see less of the main character and focus more on other characters. Less side characters would have been nice(especially the humans), stop limiting Thor and Mjolnir's abilities. Overall: C-

This is exactly my thoughts. Sorry I didn't see this comment earlier, but this exactly sums it up

ben_coby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After the awesome avengers movie, I was expecting another thriller from marvel.

But this movie sucked over all. A 3/10, that's if I am generous enough.

so many stupid comedy which was not even funny, at some point I thought that I was watching just another romantic comedy for the average teenage girl.

So then all leading to a grand finale, a very silly fight was used to end it to even feel more dumber, and was that a rock they were tossing at Thor.............

I thought that they were trying to improve upon the first movie which we all said was bad, but this was worst.

Avatar image for kingofthunder247
    kingofthunder247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I LIKE THE MOVIE.....I JUST DONT THINK THEY ARE DISPLAYING HIS POWERS THE RIGHT WAY.....WE NEED LOTS MORE LIGHTNING.....BUT I DO LIKE HOW WE HAVE DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF ASGARD......ON THE FIRST THOR WE GET A POLISH AND BRILLANT ASGARD.....ON THE SECOND MOVIE WE GET A MORE DULL BUT STILL BEAUTIFUL ASGARD.....MAYBE ON THE AVENGERS 2 AND 3 WE WILL GET TO SEE A MORE POWERFUL THOR SINCE HE HAS SIGNED ON FOR THOSE MOVIES AND THOR 3 IM PRETTY SURE MY FAVORITE HERO WILL GET BETTER I JUST HATE WE HAVE TO WAIT SO LONG FOR THE OTHER MOVIES.......MY NEW HAMMER

No Caption Provided

fero01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By fero01

thor was too weak

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must be the only Thor fan that has not seen this yet :(

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haven't watched it yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.