Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Young Thor vs. Young Apocalypse in Uncanny Avengers #6

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HaveAtThee

Apparently, Rick Remender is planning on bringing in Apocalypse as a main villain in Uncanny Avengers. According to the cover below (which is beautiful), this is Jason Aaron's version of Young Thor, complete with Jarnbjorn the Axe. I'm intrigued as to what direction Remender will take that arc. Wonder Man, Wasp and Sunspot will also be on the team by that time. Thankfully, John Cassaday will be replaced by the capable Daniel Acuna, who has some really nice pages out already.

No Caption Provided

I hope Thor doesn't get spanked around like an idiot. This is adding to both characters' continuity as I'm assuming this will be considered their first encounter. It's nice to see that Aaron and Remender are working together with some type of continuity. Here are the scans.

Acuna's art and the colors look really nice. Reminds me of Matt Wagner's work a bit, and I'm a big fan of the latter. In the last page, I think one of those Medieval English guards is Logan, except he's definitely not 1,000 years old. The page showing Thor in the pub with the Vikings crapping their pants at the sight of En Sabah Nur is neat.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheGodofThunder

I would be okay with thor losing this battle as long as it is a good battle. It is young thor who is less experienced. Current thor has shown his ability to take apocalypse so im fine with him losing this battle.

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By selinaky

Looking forward to this, I enjoy reading about young Thor, his difference in personality is interesting, and his axe is awesome. The art looks great too!

Sloucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sloucher

This sounds like it could be a really good story.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By JakeN7

@Sloucher said:

This sounds like it could be a really good story.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#6  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Are Young Apoc and Kid Apoc Different?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HaveAtThee

@TheGodofThunder said:

I would be okay with thor losing this battle as long as it is a good battle. It is young thor who is less experienced. Current thor has shown his ability to take apocalypse so im fine with him losing this battle.

Same here. As long as it doesn't involve Thor getting embarrassed and running back to Asgard for Odin's help or anything. Thor just took a licking from Gorr, this could be a nice rebound battle for him.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HaveAtThee

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Are Young Apoc and Kid Apoc Different?

I think this is En Sabah Nur, given that it takes place 1,000 years ago or so. I'm wondering what the premise will be involving Apocalypse and time-travel.

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kid Apollo

im loving young Thor's clothing and his personality, the arrogant godling is cool and hasn't been used alot in the last decade or so. im not liking Apocalypse's armor, its too plain and simple. i get that its set a long time ago and therefore wouldnt be as fancy as something he'd where now but it jus doesnt do it for me.

oh and Sunspot isnt joing this team, Sunfire is. Sunspot is join the Avengers (army?)

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By THORSON

BE CAREFUL thor!!

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By HaveAtThee

@kid Apollo said:

im loving young Thor's clothing and his personality, the arrogant godling is cool and hasn't been used alot in the last decade or so. im not liking Apocalypse's armor, its too plain and simple. i get that its set a long time ago and therefore wouldnt be as fancy as something he'd where now but it jus doesnt do it for me.

oh and Sunspot isnt joing this team, Sunfire is. Sunspot is join the Avengers (army?)

Jason Aaron has already established himself as one of the better Thor scribes in the last 20 years with just three issues.

I just hope Remender doesn't do a disservice to Thor by having him spanked around by Apocalyspe.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By Pyrogram

@HaveAtThee said:

@kid Apollo said:

Jason Aaron has already established himself as one of the better Thor scribes in the last 20 years with just three issues.

I just hope Remender doesn't do a disservice to Thor by having him spanked around by Apocalyspe.

Same, I really hope Thor does not flop.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Yeah, kinda boring as i'm not a fan of Thor or Acuna's crayola capabilities, but the title's been pretty neat thus far.

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TheGodofThunder

That's one of the few things bendis did right with Thor. He had him beat Apoc and his horseman pretty easily in Avengers. Well a different version of Apoc, but still a good showing.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jeanroygrant

@HaveAtThee said:

@TheGodofThunder said:

Same here. As long as it doesn't involve Thor getting embarrassed and running back to Asgard for Odin's help or anything. Thor just took a licking from Gorr, this could be a nice rebound battle for him.

I agree with both.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By darklord_apoc

I feel that if wrote correctly that Apoc will serve it to Thor IMO. But what I am worried about is Apoc not getting the respect he so deserves!!!!!!!! Does anyone know the plotline yet or when the book will be released?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.