Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Yay or Nay - Matt Fraction on Thor??

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

Now i know he has been writieing thor for a while now but ijust wanted to make a thread were every one can tell people why they like it or why the hate it. For me i like his stuff i mean i loved world eaters and its up there with my favorites. I liked the mighty thor but at time it felt like it know what it wanted to do but it wasent quit sure how to to it but eather way it is a great book. Fear itself i got the trade version and it was good at the start but felt a little rushed in the middle with Bucky dieing and steve takeing back the shield but then at the end i thought the battles were awesome. So thats my thought on Matt Fractions work on thor so far i have ordered The mighty Thor Vol 2 and im sure it will be good.

Malevolent1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Malevolent1

I like the older stuff, Stan Lee and Walt Simonson. I even liked Jurgens and really like Stracynski's run...it was very good. All those guys understood the character of Thor.

I'm just can't get into Fraction's Thor. Kieron Gillen has something interesting going on over in JIM lately.

I really hope they turn the main title back over to someone else though.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By gravitypress

I say thee NAY!

Iridium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Iridium

Have to give Fraction credit for something I would have thought impossible a few years ago. I have collected both Thor and Iron Man for, quite literally, decades. He has so utterly ruined both that now not only do I buy neither, but I do not even touch Marvel.

His blatant disregard for continuity, even to recent issues of his own, is now in the realm of the bizarre. Even in the complete fiction of the Marvel Universe his stories are laughable for their implausibility. If you forgo the overall plots and look at individual issues, I find him unable to maintain any pace to the story and remarkably unable to write dialogue.

ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By ThePhoenX

Matt Fraction he's a guy who can bring some interesting plots. I like How he brought some things "à la Saint Seiya" in Fear Itself (and I'm a HUGE FAN of Saint Seiya). And "The Galactus seed" was an interesting idea (Odin's armor looks like the Ramadanthys'one XD)... but the probleme with Fraction, is when he develops the plot... It's really... painful.

For this reasons I SAY THEE NAY!

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

Nay. I just don't like Fraction's writing. It's difficult for me to get into his stories.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    @ThePhoenX said:
    I SAY THEE NAY!
    ThePhoenX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By ThePhoenX

Matt Fractions vs

No Caption Provided

Stan The Man

No Caption Provided
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Mercy_

Fraction's wrecking characters and disregarding continuity? Shockerrrrrr

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hectorsquall

Matt Fraction !!!

No Caption Provided
    morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
    His one-shots were brilliant. His current run is simply lackluster.
    TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TheAnnihilator

I don't really like it. I hate how brings in these...I guess "funny" and "quirky" characters into every book. Like the goblin who wears a suit and glasses and carries around an iPad in The Mighty Thor and the INCREDIBLY annoying dwarf in Invincible Iron Man. Also this new emo kid in Mighty Thor too.

Can Walter Simonson do Thor again? I'm sure the guy has some more ideas now. Right? ....right?

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGodofThunder

I hate how he comes up with ideas that sound amazing and then just rushes through them and turns them to garbage. This arc with tanarus sounded really cool. And then having thor fight the demogorge who eats forgotten gods was also really cool, but It seemed like in two panels everything was resolved. There wasn't even a fight with ulik. It was even more of a disappointment because his death in fear itself lead into this arc and it was the most anti climatic thing I've ever read. What's sad is he wrote that thor:the reigning mini, at least I think that's what it was called, but now he just plain sucks.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By TDK_1997

Fraction has some good Thor issues and stories but overall he's a crappy writer.His only good book and run is on Invincible Iron Man.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Love Fractions Iron Man run but really couldn't get in to his X-men at all. When I found out about him taking on Thor I dropped the book and followed Gillen to JIM who I personally think is the best writer for Thor and that corner of the Marvel U. I've never read a mighty Thor but wouldn't mind having a go at some point.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.