Would you be okay with

#1 Posted by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

THOR dying in Avengers 2? (he always came back like in the comics)

#2 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I would be ok... but I don't think someone has necessarily to die for it to be a good story.

#3 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor shouldn't die.

Not in comics. Not in video games. Not in movies.

Thor is forever.

#4 Edited by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He should and will outlive all of his teammates, which is bittersweet in itself. Hence the sadness he must feel from time to time, knowing that some of his closest companions will die as well as prior love interests, and he wont. It makes one question the true meaning of immortality. Hence my love for issue 12 of "God of Thunder."

#5 Posted by cameron83 (6638 posts) - - Show Bio

No. He should and will outlive all of his teammates, which is bittersweet in itself. Hence the sadness he must feel from time to time, knowing that some of his closest companions will die as well as prior love interests, and he wont. It makes one question the true meaning of immortality. Hence my love for issue 12 of "God of Thunder."

this.

And damn I loved that issue.

I love that book

#6 Posted by RisingBean (3570 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you know who should die in Avengers 2?

Ultron.

Online
#7 Edited by batmannflash (6187 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

I think Iron Man is the most likely to die, assuming someone dies in Avengers 2

I would prefer that too

#8 Posted by JetiiMitra (8175 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what, yes, I would be absolutely fine with it.

#9 Posted by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@matteopg: its just i'm hearing a lot of rumors about this death topic. some are saying captain america so then winter soilder can become cap. many have said hawkeye, because he hasn't impressed the audience, there is mention of maria hill and even nick fury.

so i was only wondering.

#10 Edited by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

its just i'm hearing a lot of rumors about this death topic. some are saying captain america so then winter soilder can become cap. many have said hawkeye, because he hasn't impressed the audience, there is mention of maria hill and even nick fury.

so i was only wondering.

THOR dying, can lead to other characters such as hela and maybe in enchantress. just like in EMH, they thought he was dead, but he really wasn't and came back.

So him dying can even be a plus in so many ways because you can do a lot with THOR and add in so many other characters and plots.

#11 Posted by MatteoPG (1921 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: Oh yeah, sorry if I sounded critical, I didn't mean it. I was just giving an opinion: I sometimes feel that death has become a clichè in comics more than time travel or parallel dimensions. But I didn't mean I'm not okay with speculating about this. Also, if it has a place in the story, death is of course welcome.

#12 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

@haveatthee said:

No. He should and will outlive all of his teammates, which is bittersweet in itself. Hence the sadness he must feel from time to time, knowing that some of his closest companions will die as well as prior love interests, and he wont. It makes one question the true meaning of immortality. Hence my love for issue 12 of "God of Thunder."

#13 Posted by New_World_Order (12488 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#14 Posted by sagejonathan (1812 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#15 Edited by Fernando072295REBORN (502 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends. If he dies beating Thanos after Thanos unmercifully beat the crap out of the rest of the avengers, especially hulk, then meh.

edit: whoops forgot Ultron is next, not Thanos.

#16 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Thor die solely for the reaction of the creator of this thread.

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (38548 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#18 Posted by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Thor die solely for the reaction of the creator of this thread.

i wouldn't mind, because he would always come back.

#19 Posted by turel_hash_ak_gik (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor shouldn't die.

Not in comics. Not in video games. Not in movies.

Thor is 5ever.

fixed it.

#20 Edited by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

We already had one reversed death in the movieverse, I'd rather that not become a trend.

#22 Posted by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: And if he didn't?

they wouldn't allow an important hero like THOR to stay dead forever. Plus there will be a THOR 3, so obviously he can't die forever.

#23 Posted by War Killer (19961 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@rulerofthisuniverse said:

@thorson: And if he didn't?

they wouldn't allow an important hero like THOR to stay dead forever. Plus there will be a THOR 3, so obviously he can't die forever.

Then why kill him off at all? If they're just going to bring him back, I don't see why they would waste the time killing him off in one movie only to bring him in the next...that just seems pointless.

#24 Edited by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

Thor shouldn't die.

Not in comics. Not in video games. Not in movies.

Thor is forever.

What if they wanted to kill off Thor so they could bring in Hercules for the movie?

#25 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@powerherc said:

Thor shouldn't die.

Not in comics. Not in video games. Not in movies.

Thor is forever.

What if they wanted to kill off Thor so they could bring in Hercules for the movie?

I still say no. Thor shouldn't die.

#26 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@powerherc said:

Thor shouldn't die.

Not in comics. Not in video games. Not in movies.

Thor is forever.

What if they wanted to kill off Thor so they could bring in Hercules for the movie?

I still say no. Thor shouldn't die.

Good man. I agree.

#27 Posted by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

@dernman said:

@powerherc said:

Thor shouldn't die.

Not in comics. Not in video games. Not in movies.

Thor is forever.

What if they wanted to kill off Thor so they could bring in Hercules for the movie?

I still say no. Thor shouldn't die.

Good man. I agree.

If I was going to choose it wouldn't be him. It would be Iron Man. RDJ already showed interest in leaving and it would leave an opening for Hank Pym.

#28 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@thegoldenone said:

@powerherc said:

@dernman said:

@powerherc said:

Thor shouldn't die.

Not in comics. Not in video games. Not in movies.

Thor is forever.

What if they wanted to kill off Thor so they could bring in Hercules for the movie?

I still say no. Thor shouldn't die.

Good man. I agree.

If I was going to choose it wouldn't be him. It would be Iron Man. RDJ already showed interest in leaving and it would leave an opening for Hank Pym.

Hell no. He's my favorite Avenger in the movies. If someone had to die, let it be Hawkeye. He didn't have that much of an impact in the first movie. The big four (Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor) need to stay.

#29 Edited by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@thegoldenone said:

@powerherc said:

@dernman said:

@powerherc said:

Thor shouldn't die.

Not in comics. Not in video games. Not in movies.

Thor is forever.

What if they wanted to kill off Thor so they could bring in Hercules for the movie?

I still say no. Thor shouldn't die.

Good man. I agree.

If I was going to choose it wouldn't be him. It would be Iron Man. RDJ already showed interest in leaving and it would leave an opening for Hank Pym.

Hell no. He's my favorite Avenger in the movies. If someone had to die, let it be Hawkeye. He didn't have that much of an impact in the first movie. The big four (Cap, Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor) need to stay.

I hardly even consider Hawkeye an avenger. I was only considering the ones who actually counted. Regardless though RDJ only signed up for two more movies IIRC.

#30 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkeye dying wouldn't elicit much of a response considering he's been the least developed character. The Big Four are pretty much untouchable. I doubt anyone dies in the Phase 2 films.

#31 Posted by PowerHerc (81602 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think an Avenger needs to die to make the movie compelling.

Killing off a character has become an overused plot device in comics. It certainly doesn't have to start happening in the comic-based movies, too.

#32 Edited by THORSON (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by War Killer (19961 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@war_killer:

his death can lead us to hela...Duh!

There are easier ways to do that without killing Thor off. They could easily kill off another character like Loki, Sif, or even Jane and have Thor venture off to return them to the land of the living.

#34 Posted by G_Money_Christmas (881 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

@war_killer:

his death can lead us to hela...Duh!

There are easier ways to do that without killing Thor off. They could easily kill off another character like Loki, Sif, or even Jane and have Thor venture off to return them to the land of the living.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.