Will Thor wear his helmet in The Avengers or Thor sequel?

#1 Posted by Decept-O (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone want to speculate whether or not Thor will sport his winged helmet in The Avengers movie? If not the Avengers, what about the Thor sequel?

I haven't seen any images with him wearing the helmet.

Do you care whether or not he wears one? I would prefer him to wear it at least once. I mean, Cap wears a mask, why can't the actor wear the helmet? It won't obscure his face that much.

#2 Posted by mr_gone (232 posts) - - Show Bio

in the very beginning and at the very end. probably not much helmet besides that.

#3 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably not Comic book movies have to appeal to non fans to so Thor has to be pretty and helmets are apparently not considered sexy.

#4 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

No. In every trailer for Avengers he doesn't. He wore it only briefly in Thor. I doubt he'll ever wear it again.

#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably.

#6 Posted by grevous11 (360 posts) - - Show Bio

In the avengers, no. In the sequel, I have no idea.

#7 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (944 posts) - - Show Bio

He should be =/, it looks nice

#8 Edited by Onemoreposter (4069 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see it, but they have to do away with this version.

I think something similar to the traditional comics version would work alot better in a practical sense and also end up being more aesteticly appealing

Simpler is better.

#9 Posted by Asagod (292 posts) - - Show Bio

Unhappily, I don't think he will wear it.

#10 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asagod said:

Unhappily, I don't think he will wear it.

Sadly, I agree.

Chris Hemsworth is sexy and all, but just wish he'd wear it when he's fighting! Then take it off when just casual or talking etc.

#11 Posted by THORSON (2491 posts) - - Show Bio

i want him to, but he won;t.

#12 Posted by GodOfMischief (641 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah he won't, they made it more of a ceremonial piece in Thor it seems. So I doubt we'll see him wearing it again anytime soon.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.