Will Thor FINALLY have his moment in AVX #9 with Spidey?

#1 Posted by Tyrus (1083 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, so far in the entire run of AVX - Thor has been a punching bag. I literally hate this, I only caught up again yesterday - but I can understand why Marvel is doing this - they have to balance the characters in terms of strength to make it fair - much like over at DC where they try to make Superman get punched once in a while... But from what I've seen, it looks like Thor and Spidey may go face to face with Phoenix - Can Thor redeem himself this issue? Better hope so... Because it may just be an entire Spidey issue...

#2 Posted by Danvidar (41 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont think so here is from the issue preview

#3 Posted by lanebad6 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Gosh man im tired if seeing thor getting but kicked in every fight i here now, wtf.

#4 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Well to be fair, he's taken on two of the Phoenix empowered beings. That's better than anyone save for Wanda.

#5 Posted by Lvenger (17876 posts) - - Show Bio

If the preview for AvX 9 is anything to go by, then no. It looks like Spidey will take up all the limelight. There's a rumour that Spider-Man is going to be the host for the Phoenix Force hence the shadowy figure on issue 12's cover.

@Deranged Midget: It is a bit inconsistent though for Thor to be able to damage the PF only to lose to PF empowered Emma Frost who only had a fifth of the PF's power. Thor's showings against the Phoenix in AvX have been pretty much all over the place.

#6 Posted by AweSam (7360 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

If the preview for AvX 9 is anything to go by, then no. It looks like Spidey will take up all the limelight. There's a rumour that Spider-Man is going to be the host for the Phoenix Force hence the shadowy figure on issue 12's cover.

Well, I'm done with Marvel.

#7 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's still a punching bag.

#8 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lvenger said:

@Deranged Midget: It is a bit inconsistent though for Thor to be able to damage the PF only to lose to PF empowered Emma Frost who only had a fifth of the PF's power. Thor's showings against the Phoenix in AvX have been pretty much all over the place.

No doubt. As for the Spider-man rumour, please don't Marvel. Spider-man is best where he is right now.

#9 Posted by henryarguelles5 (366 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of jobbing, Thor has become the new Galactus.

#10 Posted by stormphoenix (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea I don't like thor being a punching bag, but I do like seeing the Avengers getting there buts kicked and running with there tails between their legs. :) hahaha.

#11 Posted by Z3RO180 (6250 posts) - - Show Bio

FFFRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNN

#12 Posted by frozenedge (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

No Thor will continue to job to just about everybody until this event ends.

#13 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tyrus said: Haha funny display picture.

#14 Posted by eatmore_payless (2210 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozenedge said:

No Thor will continue to job to just about everybody until this event ends.

this is more likely to happen not unless the writer wants the Avengers to win against the Phoenix 5, but until then thor will continue to job.

#15 Posted by Kyle_Dornez (250 posts) - - Show Bio

He should have turned into Deconsecrator. Deconsecrator Of The Blackest Death Metal. Deconsecrator would destroy Phoenix Five. Deconsecrator is all about destroying stuff - like crappy plots, bad characterizations, and pointless crossovers and things. FOREVER.

#16 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@NerdsFTW said:

Thor's still a punching bag.

#17 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7257 posts) - - Show Bio

Hold on, lemme just cut and paste what i posted on that image.

LOL. Why are people QQing at Thor getting written down or w.e in this event ? First of all, it's AvX, one of Marvel's worst crossovers ever, clearly poorly thought out and it was a forced ploy in order to bring about a new age, nothing good would come of it. Second of all, the guy gets written as to pummeling down sh!t every other day...so i think you should all accept it and move on.

Seriously though, it's like nobody ever listened to Wonder Girl.

#18 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

He had a moment in a tie in, but yes Thor's treatment in AVX must be irritating for his fans, you guys have my condolences.

#19 Posted by frozenedge (1122 posts) - - Show Bio

@eatmore_payless: if the writers want somebody to take down the Phoenix 5 it'll either be Wanda who does it or Cyclops after he absorbs the powers of the other Phoenix users before fighting the Phoenix itself

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.