Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Will Thor Be Stronger?

• 80 results
    uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By uugieboogie

As you can see on the cover of an upcoming Avengers comic he'll have his metal arm or destroyer arm.. Will this arm increase his strength? Or do you think he'll be more like Winter Soldier & be depowered with a metal arm? His wardrobe definitely looks just like Young Thors clothing. Hopefully he'll still have his powers he'll just be even more badass with an axe & metal arm ;)

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@uugieboogie: Tom Brevoort said he has all the powers he would normally have without the hammer

Comicdude360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm still kind of sketchy about all the stunts marvel is trying to pull off.

ripcurl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jonny_anonymous:

Does that include the lightning?

The weather control comes from Mjolnir right? Just wondering.

And no, I don't think he'll be any stronger.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uugieboogie

@ripcurl: the weather manipulation & earth manipulation was all Thor . You didn't see young Thor make it rain fire ?

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Tom Brevoort said he has all the powers he would normally have without the hammer

That has definitely been confirmed?

Yeah it feels forced, like they're trying to hard. I still think changing Thor to a female was a mistake, they could at least let him keep his old name. They could have started a run with Sif or Angela or his granddaughters from he future.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@jonny_anonymous: @uugieboogie: That's what Aaron said as well at SDCC. Though I personally won't be following any further news on Female Thor and Unworthy Thor since I'll just get grouchy and annoyed every time.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uugieboogie

@lvenger: So will "unworthy thor" be in a whole separate title? Or he won't have a comic?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger: So will "unworthy thor" be in a whole separate title? Or he won't have a comic?

Aaron also said at his SDCC panel that Unworthy Thor would be in the same comic as Female Thor. But he'd be getting less screen time to allow Female Thor more of the limelight -_-

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why he doesn't just grow his arm back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: that makes me not want to buy it. I have some interest in the unworthy thor story but I don't want to have to read female Thor stories to get it.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

I don't see why he doesn't just grow his arm back.

He can do that??

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Lvenger

@jayc1324 said:

@lvenger: that makes me not want to buy it. I have some interest in the unworthy thor story but I don't want to have to read female Thor stories to get it.

I spent a lot of time raging over Superior Spider-Man whilst it was out so I don't want to waste time raging against this either. But yeah Aaron isn't putting out a separate book for Unworthy Thor because it's not like he's popular enough to hold his own title right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Yes with magic and he has his own healing factor.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: but apparently this female Thor is popular enough to be the lead in a book featuring the real Thor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

@lvenger: but apparently this female Thor is popular enough to be the lead in a book featuring the real Thor.

Yep, more people are totally going to stay rather than want to see the original Thor back in the role with Mjolnir in his possession again.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
    TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@lvenger: I really don't understand your rage. You know this won't last these things never do. Plus Aaron has consistently put out one of the best Marvel titles and run on Thor's every single issue. This is a little weird but at least it's something different just like Superior was (and I know about your feelings on that but I digress).

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: @lvenger: I must admit the metal arm does make him look badass but at one point in time couldn't thor use mjolnir to re grow entire limbs ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: it does look cool, but I'd prefer for only king Thor to use it. Current Thor should have both arms like he always has since the beginning. It will just look weird seeing him like that all the time.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uugieboogie

@jayc1324: I'm guessing were actually going to see a progression of Thor now . But what I don't get is how someone as durable as Thor even loses an arm . Oh & on the cover of TGOT that's not his metal arm it's just armor so I wonder if he'll lose his arm in that issue or no .

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@

@

@lvenger said:

@uugieboogie said:

Aaron also said at his SDCC panel that Unworthy Thor would be in the same comic as Female Thor. But he'd be getting less screen time to allow Female Thor more of the limelight -_-

@jayc1324 said:

I agree with both of you guy; so-called "unworthy" Thor is way more interesting & way more badass than Fem-Thor. I just don't want to have to trudge through the idiocy with this female analogue to get the story about him. Like you said @lvenger, it would just annoy & aggravate me.

@jonny_anonymous said:

That has definitely been confirmed?

@comicdude360 said:

Yeah it feels forced, like they're trying to hard. I still think changing Thor to a female was a mistake, they could at least let him keep his old name. They could have started a run with Sif or Angela or his granddaughters from he future.

I agree with this too. I would rather read a separate series about "unworthy" Thor than suffer through She-Thor just so I can read about the REAL Thor. Like you said, Thor is his NAME. It's who he IS. Someone else running around with the name Thor(which doesn't even fit a woman, & doesn't go in line with Norse mythology as he is the representation of masculine strength & power) feels like a form of identity theft. Thor will always be Thor, & to me he'll always be worthy. And so-called "Unworthy" Thor looks WAY more badass than Thor chick. If I was a villain(empowered with Asgardian magic, like the Wrecker or something), I would rather fight Fem-Thor than him, Mjolnir or no Mjolnir- "Unworthy" Thor looks like he would split your freakin' skull. That's who we want to read about- the ONE, TRUE THOR. Marvel's powerhead & legendary badass.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: I agree with that 100% . It feel like identity theft . Thor is not a mantle like Capt America this is his birth name & who he is .

XLR87T3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: I agree with that 100% . It feel like identity theft . Thor is not a mantle like Capt America this is his birth name & who he is .

Exactly. they tried this before during the Eric Masterson days, but even then he often said he was trying to find "the REAL Thor". It just really rubs me the wrong way when they say that's this chick is gonna be the "one and only Thor". No, Thor is the ONE & ONLY Thor & always will be. This was addressed even back during the Eric Masterson days. (Coincidentally, She-Thor wears a helmet that covers her eyes, just like Masterson did.) But, the Masterson thing luckily didn't last long, & hopefully this farce won't either,(maybe it'll not even be as long as the Masterson saga) & the real ONE TRUE Thor will be back.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @jayc1324: @winter_kills: Honestly no matter what they say were still going to see THOR ODINSON as the true Thor & everyone will call this imposter She-Thor lol it's inevitable

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: Exactly. I feel like this is a controversial move for PR that will run its course, & the REAL Thor will be back. And like you said, no matter what, whether he is supposedly "unworthy" or not, he will always be the one, true Thor to the fans, & she will be see as nothing but a female imposter with no legacy of her own beyond that.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: that's why if they wanted a female character they should've just ran with one they already have . I really want Thor's grand daughters to have a comic .

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: @uugieboogie: I agree but Breevoort has continuously prompted offers of bets on Tumblr and Twitter that these changes won't be short, temporary PR stunts reversed in time for the movies. There must be something to him doing that after all.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I don't think they'll last . Ppl will buy the first two to see how it is & Thor gets low screen time ppl will stop . Avengers might go up in sales .

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I really don't understand your rage. You know this won't last these things never do. Plus Aaron has consistently put out one of the best Marvel titles and run on Thor's every single issue. This is a little weird but at least it's something different just like Superior was (and I know about your feelings on that but I digress).

I have written my thoughts on a blog already so I won't repeat myself fully here. My main point of contention is that the new female Thor is actually replacing Thor in name and identity. It's an entirely bogus move because Thor is not a mantle to be passed down, it's the identity of who Thor is. Replacing She-Thor with Thor Odinson is akin to Lois Lane replacing Clark Kent as the Last Survivor of the Planet Krypton. It makes no sense to take over someone's identity completely just to pander needlessly to a false sense of diversity. Worst of all, Thor Odinson's character is unnecessarily ruined and female Thor will be solely defined as being the female version of Thor. Once this gimmick ends and the real Thor comes back, her time will be rendered pointless.

@jayc1324: @lvenger: I must admit the metal arm does make him look badass but at one point in time couldn't thor use mjolnir to re grow entire limbs ?

Well he can't use it as of October so that possibility is out the window.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: even king Thor lost his arm . I don't get how someone as durable as him loses an entire limb . I like how it looks but I don't like the fact it can happen .

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@winter_kills: that's why if they wanted a female character they should've just ran with one they already have . I really want Thor's grand daughters to have a comic .

Exactly. If they just gave his granddaughter a book, I'd be down with that.

@lvenger said:

@winter_kills: @uugieboogie: I agree but Breevoort has continuously prompted offers of bets on Tumblr and Twitter that these changes won't be short, temporary PR stunts reversed in time for the movies. There must be something to him doing that after all.

I agree, there probably is- but when sales take a dive, that tune will change. He's trying to talk a good game.

@lvenger: I don't think they'll last . Ppl will buy the first two to see how it is & Thor gets low screen time ppl will stop . Avengers might go up in sales .

I agree. When they see the change is becoming unpopular, & sales take a dive- they'll find a way to change things back & fast. I expect it to last as long as the Eric Masterson run did, if that.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger: even king Thor lost his arm . I don't get how someone as durable as him loses an entire limb . I like how it looks but I don't like the fact it can happen .

Same here, I don't like that this awful route is how we get the badass old King Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I am looking forward to acquainting myself with a Thor who has never received the Mjolnir and yet is still a powerful warrior and god in his own right. Or maybe a Thor who never expected to receive the Mjolnir due to the new Thor being presented as the genuine Thor. He might be the Warriors Three In One for the new Thor. I am curious as to how Sif fits in all of this.

Either way, as long as they keep the original Thor within the same confines of his character, I am in for the long haul. If he becomes a brainless neanderthal who comes up short all the time instead of progressing, then I won't be as forgiving with this new direction.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Well Thor will still be Thor he isn't losing his name. It's the same deal as when Thor was no longer worthy of the hammer and Eric Masterson wielded it. He was called Thor even if he wasn't The Odinson the whole link to Superman doesn't really partake to this thing. It is also similar to when Bruce was no longer gamma irradiated and Red Hulk and Skaar were called the Hulk. I believe that with Thor becoming unworthy we will see a nice new character arc for him dealing with this and eventually becoming worthy again and a nice change of pace with someone else wielding the hammer. This has happened before with Eric Masterson and Thor came out alright this was under the pen of Tom Defalco I believe and Jason Aaron run on Thor is better than Defalco's that's for sure. All I have left to say is "don't knock it till you try it"

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Well Thor will still be Thor he isn't losing his name. It's the same deal as when Thor was no longer worthy of the hammer and Eric Masterson wielded it. He was called Thor even if he wasn't The Odinson the whole link to Superman doesn't really partake to this thing. It is also similar to when Bruce was no longer gamma irradiated and Red Hulk and Skaar were called the Hulk. I believe that with Thor becoming unworthy we will see a nice new character arc for him dealing with this and eventually becoming worthy again and a nice change of pace with someone else wielding the hammer. This has happened before with Eric Masterson and Thor came out alright this was under the pen of Tom Defalco I believe and Jason Aaron run on Thor is better than Defalco's that's for sure. All I have left to say is "don't knock it till you try it"

It's not the same, Eric Masterson was pretending to be Thor until the real Thor was found, he wasn't saying he was the new Thor. Also yes there is many Hulks, and there has been many Captain AMericas but these are mantels and superhero names. Thor is his first name, it's his actual identity. This is like if Peter Parker lost his spider powers and MJ gained them, instead of calling herself the new Spider-Man (or woman) she starts calling her self the new Peter Parker, it doesn't even make sense.

Now if they really wanted to tell as story about Thor losing his worthiness and a woman replacing him then fine, that could be cool. But the fact that there is already existing female characters that are perfect for the role and in a dire need of a push get totally snubbed for some new character that doesn't even have her own name or look is just bullsh!t. All this is doing is perpetuating the idea that female characters can't stand on there own and will forever ride on the coattails of male heros.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

It's not the same, Eric Masterson was pretending to be Thor until the real Thor was found, he wasn't saying he was the new Thor. Also yes there is many Hulks, and there has been many Captain AMericas but these are mantels and superhero names. Thor is his first name, it's his actual identity. This is like if Peter Parker lost his spider powers and MJ gained them, instead of calling herself the new Spider-Man (or woman) she starts calling her self the new Peter Parker, it doesn't even make sense.

Now if they really wanted to tell as story about Thor losing his worthiness and a woman replacing him then fine, that could be cool. But the fact that there is already existing female characters that are perfect for the role and in a dire need of a push get totally snubbed for some new character that doesn't even have her own name or look is just bullsh!t. All this is doing is perpetuating the idea that female characters can't stand on there own and will forever ride on the coattails of male heros.

Exactly Thor in a sense is a hero name. Beta Ray Bill was called Beta Ray Thor and Eric Masterson did take Thor's place and although never fully proclaimed to be Thor in a sense he was a new Thor as he was viewed as Thor in the superhero community and the Asgardians . Using the excuse that it's his name well Hulk's name is Hulk in a sense but that still doesn't mean anything. She will not be called Thor odinson just Thor. It isn't that big of a deal it's also just like on Earth 2 Val Zod will become the new Superman it's a mantle to pass down. Thor is a name and a Mantle she will look like Thor and have his Power just like Eric Masterson so in a sense she will be the new Thor. She will not be Thor Odinson because there is only one Thor Odinson but if they do call her Thor Odindaughter then there shall come a reckoning Marvel.

I do agree that it shouldn't have been a new character. I would've picked Sif or Valkyrie to be the female character to lift it.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: @uugieboogie: no regular Axe its Jarnbjorn who cuts celestials...

Aaron at SDCC also said when asked that he still controls the weather Mjolnir was a way to canalize it...

I hate the chick with hammer idea no matter who she is, be if she is not Asgardian its a offense...

If is Jane Foster (Human) how this questions are answered?

Will Mjolnir give Jane Foster Strength, Speed, Durability stamina etc?

But what about the Fighting Skills ?, She is not a Warrior, she doesn't have battle experience, she knows what valhalla means?

Can she go into space??? Without Properly equipment like Asgardians?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

marvel doesn't like to see THOR being strong

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to try it because it's a bad idea, it's unnecessary in the first place and Aaron was doing perfectly fine with the original Thor. Now he's ruined his run and potential awesome 9 Realms War with the PR stunt female replacement for Thor. Also Skaar was never called The Hulk at all, he was just Son of Hulk, not the Hulk himself. And I fail to see how this is a nice change of pace as Thor is being replaced for the second time in the space of 2 years (Tanarus in Fraction's run.) Marvel are being repetitive and attempting to introduce diversity for diversity's sake rather than make new characters capable of standing on their own two feet as their own people. As Jonny said earlier, it's perpetuating the idea that female characters can't stand on there own and will forever ride on the backsides of male heroes.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know about stronger, but she'll have boobs.

Jmarshmallow

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmarshmallow: no I'm referring to male Thor with the metal arm .

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: @theincrediblesuperhulk8642: that's the thing it isn't a mantle . Captain America is a mantle , Iron Man is a mantle , Hulk is a mantle .. All these characters have different names from their superhero names . Thor's name is THOR . & the different with Eric Masterson at least original Thor wasn't really around for that , thor will be around for this . So two ppl will be called Thor in the same comic ? Or are they going to strip him of his name & call her Thor ? That's where it gets stupid .

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ivar17

He will not fly .... But with Jarnbjorn close levels of power...

No Caption Provided

He looks bad-ass in Times Run Out Where is the Chick???

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok seriously am I the only one who is annoyed that his belt is a rope !

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So in that picture we have Captain Falcon, Hobo Thor, Old man Steve, Havok...maybe and a smart hulk.

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Ok seriously am I the only one who is annoyed that his belt is a rope !

You maybe have a point there in mythology Thor has a belt that gives him the double of power...

But this is Marvel Now...

ivar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ivar17

@z3ro180 said:

So in that picture we have Captain Falcon, Hobo Thor, Old man Steve, Havok...maybe and a smart hulk.

No Caption Provided

The other side

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.