Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Will Thor Be a Successful Comic Book Movie?

• 166 results
    Mbecks14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#151  Edited By Mbecks14

I agree with Sarah. I think it'll be good! And im glad they did Thor before Captain America

ld12278

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#152  Edited By ld12278

"You can hop on a rainbow and fly to Asgard!" Best quote of my day

dokkoidah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#153  Edited By dokkoidah
    Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#154  Edited By Silkcuts

I agree More with Sara about how out there the Black Panther is.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Very interesting discussion. I totally agree with Sara though, her part of the argument is spot on. I just don't see mainstream audiences caring about nerdy details either way as long as the movie is interesting and entertaining to them.
    Personally I feel Thor probably has the greatest appeal of any of the Marvel movies to date because of the advantage of referencing mythology that might be known to a far bigger audience than specialized comic book stuff, even if that knowledge is pretty superficial potentially.

nick7913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156  Edited By nick7913
    @MrGutts: I think that most of the stuff that gets rewritten by Marvel Studios is stuff that should be rewritten. When Stan and Jack created the Thor universe, they were essentially rewriting Norse mythology for a more modern audience. I'm sure that people who have read actual Norse mythology will be either be incredibly critical of it or love the new take on some characters they already know. In much the same way, a person who has read the Thor comics will either love or hate the movie. Plus, let's not forget that as comic book readers we are pretty much used to a new creative team coming in and messing around with characters we have been reading about for decades. (I have a friend who positively hates what Bendis is doing with the Avengers but other people love the new direction). I guess people will watch it and come back here to moan about it or praise it.

About the destruction stuff: It'a addressed in the movie although the destruction might not be as total as you would expect.
    panzerjedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By panzerjedi

G-Man had really bad arguments here. Babs wins this round.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#158  Edited By PowerHerc

I saw it tonight and my opinion is;  it is a success.

Whatever the box office receipts end up being doesn't matter to me.  It's a success.

Whether the studio, hollywood and the media agree with me will depend on how much money it makes, but I'm not bound by that criteria. 

I can decide without looking at the numbers.  It's good

ebaben3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By ebaben3

I love Thor. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I hope it doesn't disappoint me.
    VIZION2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By VIZION2011

THOR is an AWSOME MOVIE and im not a thor fan at alll !!! go see it trust its good.
    BestRTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By BestRTS

Haven't seen it yet but heard it was pretty gay... will have to see for myself!!! 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#162  Edited By John Valentine

Really disagree with the point that Captain America should have been made first. Thor has much more of a universal appeal. For example, I've hardly met any English comic fans who really like Captain America. For Thor, however, it's a different matter.

Thor was a brilliant movie. 
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#163  Edited By Kallarkz
    I was really shocked by the quality of this movie. Saw it last night with my lady and even her being a chick flick girl thought it was nice. Would go see it again if there wasn't a host of other great movies coming out...though i sitll might ;p
    sladewilson30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#164  Edited By sladewilson30

i seen it yesterday and i think it lived up to the comic, except for the destroyer being destroyed by mjolnir

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#165  Edited By Manchine

I just looked at the totals grossed in.  On US $66 Million for opening weekend.  $176 million internationally.  It cost 1$50 million to produce.  So Yes I think Thor will be a Hit.  Although I doubt Thor will break the 1 billion mark.  =)
    ZaberCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 27

#166  Edited By ZaberCat

(Whistling) cant wait to see that movie! Looks like badass movie!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.