Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Why is Thor

Avatar image for thorthorthorthor
    thorthorthorthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So overrated in the battle forum? He's not really that smart, he's having a hard time hitting some street levelers plus those street levelers called him slow. Pretty sad how weak marvel made him tbh.

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor vs street level opponent ,you can say this about any big gun from any company 1st thing its been stated over & over again Thor rarely uses 1tenth of his true power vs mortals .He is their protector & has sworn not to kill them, except in extreme circumstances. Thor isn't slow There's many instances of him accessing his speed & agility, But like superman, Thor know he can take a hit he often measures opponents retaliating with appropriate force . This is why you see Thor take hits Then he seemily drops an opponent with one shot. Lets also not forget He is a True Warrior he loves combat , Thor isn't stupid ,slow ,dumb, There's a difference Thor has a lot! of experience he often changes tactics in a fight .once he realizes the threat level or an enemies advantage he doesn't just keep using the same attack over & over again he adjusts true sign of intelligence & experience This is also why in rematches Thor often defeats relatively easy , except the Hulk those two will stand toe to toe & punch each other till the end of time . Lets also not forget there have been a few bad writers out there pushing characters at Thor's expense

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

THOR is wise.

stop looking at things the way you want to see it and starting look at THOR for what he doesn't need to be.

I like THOR the way he is. if you don't then find another favourite character.

Thurdazz1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor is wise? yes! , I like Thor, I've been reading Thor for several decades, I love the new current Thor. Off course he is wise. Wisdom is the acquisition of utilization of life experience so your saying a 10,000 year old warrior, traveler & God has no wisdom. No he's not Tony stark or Reed Richards, But he can use modern technology & retains all the knowledge off any his mortal guises (Donald Blake -surgeon, Eric Masterson-engineer/architect) so apparently I know more about Thor than you think & I think I'll keep reading

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By themadsurfer

Your problem isn't with his power or strength it's with his speed, so stop saying he has hard times against street-level guys because he can just do one light-powered omnidirectional blast and every hero of that level would die.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And his speed is just inconsistent!!!!!! And for the record he has more high showings than low-showings in combat speed department it's just that there are some people here that hate Thor or is afraid that Thor would be unstoppable with half-light speed reflexes, like superman or any DC fans.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deaditegonzo

Its his position in the minds of Marvel fans. Being a top dog in Marvel, to them, means he is equal with top dogs all over. I used to think the same way when I was mainly a Marvel fan, but once I started reading a lot of DC, I realized they werent really "even" from a power standpoint.

Thor is the biggest brick of all bricks, which leaves a ton of exploitable vulnerabilities.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deaditegonzo: I'm a SS fanboy and he is a top dog along with Thor. Like I said Thor is to inconsistent mainly when the department is speed, but you can't pretend he doesn't have high showings and those aren't a few. BRB and Thor stopped SS blitz multiple times and I think he deserves some respect that you being a Thor hater(you are doesn't matter what you say) should give.

Everybody on this site already know your answer to this kind of threat so it will always be you talking about Thor low showings. Thanos has being blitzed by Spiderman but of course you wouldn't talk about that. Thanos would lose to anyone because he also doesn't have nanosecond or even microsecond that Thor has and he just like Thor/BRB reacted SS blitz(while bloodlusted)

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LeeSensei

So overrated in the battle forum? He's not really that smart, he's having a hard time hitting some street levelers plus those street levelers called him slow. Pretty sad how weak marvel made him tbh.

Thor is faster than that. It's an outlier. You're right about his intelligence though. He isn't that smart.

lifeofvibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Plax

Thors been dumbed down a lot and his recent speed and mental resistance showings haven't been at the level they once were as well.

He has a vast knowledge of the universe, particularly the mystical aspects, is a strong leader and tactician which is coupled with thousands of years of fighting experience.

They're as you say - street levellers. They can call him slow, but the fact is he does not require to be fast when he can physically dominate them in addition to his vast arrays of other powers. He also holds back his powers which could include speed due to the fact that it could cause more harm than he intended.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Most of the writers at Marvel have no idea how to write superheroes so they try their best to simplify them. Heaven forbid someone beat the snot out of Wolverine or Spider-Man.

Logically speaking, Thor could stumble and bump into Spidey or Wolverine and knock their ass out, but it would really make them look useless.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THOR should be able to beat anyone and everyone.

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By themadsurfer

@plax: Exactly... Thor is always struggling to hold back normally, imagine if the other guy comes with speed faster then lightning and then he just hit the guy. Tha'ts the case of quicksilver vs Thor, imagine if Thor decided to hit him instead of the ground.

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Plax

@themadsurfer: isn't it something like he holds back to a 1/3rd against humans?

Plus, is he not weaker on Earth? There's been a couple mentions throughout Thor comics IIRC.

Plax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthnowell: Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was something about him being on the same plane he's a god to or something.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By phisigmatau

Most of the writers at Marvel have no idea how to write superheroes so they try their best to simplify them. Heaven forbid someone beat the snot out of Wolverine or Spider-Man.

Logically speaking, Thor could stumble and bump into Spidey or Wolverine and knock their ass out, but it would really make them look useless.

basically

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@plax: Actually I think Thor doesn't get weaker on Earth, but it's said that he get less durable by the touch of mortality.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By z3ro180

Why is Thor....sexy don't know, I thnk it's the hair.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Mxyzptlk_CV

Yeah I don't know what all this fuss is about...and no, they didn't make him weak..That's how the character should be...However, he is pretty overrated in this forum...

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: Hahahahaha!!! I thought I read that in somewhere...

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By themadsurfer

@mxyzptlk_cv: Underrated you mean. The only way for him to be overrated is when the department is speed where he's inconsistent, that's it.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Mxyzptlk_CV

@mxyzptlk_cv: Underrated you mean. The only way for him to be overrated is when the department is speed where he's inconsistent, that's it.

No, I think I meant overrated in like, every department(..not only the "Speed" one)...

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxyzptlk_cv:

Strength: planetary(sextillions)

Striking power: planetary.

Energy projection: At least planetary but there is his feat with thee Null bomb where Mjolnir can absorb enough energy to revive a star.

Travel-speed: Huge in hyperspace and twice the speed of light before entering in hyperspace.

1000 years of fighting skills.

Speed: Inconsistent sometimes slower then spiderman, sometimes has microsecond and can react to Gladiator, SS, Hyperion, quicksilver blitz.

Mxyzptlk_CV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxyzptlk_cv:

Strength: planetary(sextillions)

Striking power: planetary.

Energy projection: At least planetary but there is his feat with thee Null bomb where Mjolnir can absorb enough energy to revive a star.

Travel-speed: Huge in hyperspace and twice the speed of light before entering in hyperspace.

1000 years of fighting skills.

Speed: Inconsistent sometimes slower then spiderman, sometimes has microsecond and can react to Gladiator, SS, Hyperion, quicksilver blitz.

what are you trying to tell me with this..Ok,nice stats?....By the way, based on your posted stats, Hulk's strength (who has beaten Thor numerous times) is probably in the planetary range as well?...

P.S. It's unnecessary to include "Strength" and "Striking power"...one of them is enough information...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kgb725

Why would writers have a planetbuster punching a street leveler as hard as he could or even half of that

themadsurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mxyzptlk_cv: Striking power includes Mjolnir I'm sorry I should have told you that. Savage Hulk's strength is around billions of tons when enraged, that's enough blunt to hurt Thor but generally PIS take's Hulk side in their battles.

RelloMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By RelloMan

Lets not forget Thor's a fictional character at the mercy of a writer that needs to tell a story. Lots of inconsistencies in comics, and there always have been. If making him weaker, or making his opponent stronger tells a better story, than that what they'll do

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By THORSON

because he is a hero that can go against anyone.

LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

THOR should be able to beat anyone and everyone.

You're exaggerating right? Thor should be one of the most powerful Superheroes, but being able to beat everyone is going too far.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.