Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Why does everyone think Thor cannot fight....

• 114 results
    Siafon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Siafon

The Asgardian gods are as fabled as the greek and roman. People seem to know Wonder Woman is a trained warrior, but doubt Thor. The vikings were ferocious warriors. They were taught how to fight as children, and worshipped their gods. Thor being the son of Odin was put under more pressure than the other asgardians to be a great an noble warrior. When Asgard's enemies were at the gate Odin sent Thor, and only Thor.  The god of war in norse mythiology is Tyr, but he was never really used because Thor kicked ass. In the Marvel universe (616) this is explored in the Son of Asgard books. I am just asking why the doubt, don't need any answers like, "Because." Give me a real reason why you hate Thor.... 
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

The Vikings did not have anything near the discipline and all together training as Greek and Roman troops. Plus she has a little thing called feats to back her up

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By crimsonspider89

Actually, the Vikings were a well trained unit and inspired fear among several groups. Heck, all of Europe was scared to death of them. Read Beowulf which was written about Viking culture or read several of Viking culture. 

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Nova`Prime`
    @Son_of_Magnus: And Thor doesn't have feats?
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Erik

Thor has some skills. Most of the time he just bricks because he can. He is not exactly the type to do fancy stuff when it is not needed. 

Acewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Acewild

THOR IS GOD!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#7  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

He can fight, no doubt about that, I mean after spending so much time with people, like Captain America, Mockingbird, Black Widow, not to mention Ares the god of war I'm sure he's been given more training in fighting then most would think, plus he's a warrior and has fought in countless battles, wars, ect, but I don't think we'll be seeing him doing things like, let's say Daredevil for example, would do.

growup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By growup
    @crimsonspider89 said:
    " Actually, the Vikings were a well trained unit and inspired fear among several groups. Heck, all of Europe was scared to death of them. Read Beowulf which was written about Viking culture or read several of Viking culture.  "
    this is true
    MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By MrMiracle77

What's funny is that the collectable cards that Marvel issued in the 90s always showed Thor rated at a 4 (out of 7) in fighting ability.  Others in that same range included Spiderman and other relatively younger heroes.  Now compared that with the 7s, which included Wolverine, Cable, and Captain America.  Even Punisher got a 6. 

Maybe fans haven't been taking Thor seriously because, for a very long time, Marvel wasn't really taking him seriously?

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thinking he cant win against Wonder Woman in just h2h and thinking he cant fight are two different things, as that is the precursor of this topic.

UltimateHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By UltimateHero

I think it really comes down to a matter of who you like best as they are both highly trained and skilled and seasoned veterans who have been in numerous battles against all types of foes and weapons.

I believe Thor got a lower rating in fighting in the card game and a higher rating in strength was for game balance more than anything else.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Crom-Cruach

Thor can fight, he is skilled. That there is no doubt, he's been doing the giant slaying thing for centuries and fighting in hundreds of wars. So sure, he has skill.

But as a others have pointed out, that has nothing to do on whether he is a more skilled fighter then say wonder woman.
    In my opinion however, if it came down to weapons, no thunder and flashy stuff. Just skill and muscle, Wonder woman would emerge victorious. She was trained with the best of them and has bested many more potent oppone

Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By crimsonspider89
    @Crom-Cruach:  Actually, Thor would still win due to Mjornir being his weapon. If hands to hands, no weapons, would be close but Wonder Woman would edge out the win. 
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AtPhantom

Ultimately, unless Thor has evidence of his fighting prowess, he might as well have been sitting on his hands and slaying giant by throwing rocks at them for all we know. We think Wonder Woman is a better fighter because displays it issue after issue. When was the last time you saw Thor fighting with skill, other than pummeling people with a big hammer?

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Crom-Cruach
    @crimsonspider89: No it wouldn't Mjonir without the thunder and lightning isn't that hot, it's barely better then a club. And wonder woman has mystical weapons of her own. She has a sword forged by Hephaestus god of the forge and she sometimes carries Athena's shield. To claim Thor would win because of Mjolnir is wrong. Nothing about Mjonir in a weapon to weapon fight would ever provide him an edge, it's just a blunt tool. Sword and shield in the hands of a trained phalanx fighter that's another story.

Thor is awesome, but Wonder woman has proven herself a much better fighter time and again.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By joshmightbe

thor can fight and hes better than several people who are known for their fighting prowess but i do beleive wonder woman is a better all round fighter than him but then again thor doesnt really have to be as good a fighter as her because quite a few of his opponents dont require him to actually fight there for he isnt as used to facing actual physically challenging foes as people like wolverine or punisher on the occasions when he needs to fight he seems more than competent

DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DeathinFire

Okay, history wise the Norse actually TOOK THE CITY OF ROME.  Comic wise please remember that Thor beat the Hulk, and Hulk fought Sentry to a standstill.  Also, it's my understanding that Juggernaught beat Hulk in the past.  Thor beat Juggernaught as well.  Personally, I think Thor would beat Ares and yes, even Wonder Woman.  Thor would curbstomp 90% of the Marvel U.  The only thing that I think would hold him up is any telekenetic, psychic, or maybe magic powers.  Maybe not even the magic powers.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Thor CAN fight...just not good.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @DeathinFire said:

" Okay, history wise the Norse actually TOOK THE CITY OF ROME.  Comic wise please remember that Thor beat the Hulk, and Hulk fought Sentry to a standstill.  Also, it's my understanding that Juggernaught beat Hulk in the past.  Thor beat Juggernaught as well.  Personally, I think Thor would beat Ares and yes, even Wonder Woman.  Thor would curbstomp 90% of the Marvel U.  The only thing that I think would hold him up is any telekenetic, psychic, or maybe magic powers.  Maybe not even the magic powers. "

Bad comparison.Sentry fought World War Hulk to a standstill.Thor didn't fight the same Hulk.The Hulk that Thor beat Sentry beat twice and alot easier than Thor did.Thor's fight with Hulk was close.Hulk couldn't even budge Sentry.He took the whole fight with a smile on his face.Thor beating Ares and Wonder Woman would only be because of his powers.Fighting Skill wise he's not even remotely up to par.
    DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DH69

who dares doubt thors ability to swing a hammer!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Crom-Cruach said:

" @crimsonspider89: No it wouldn't Mjonir without the thunder and lightning isn't that hot, it's barely better then a club. And wonder woman has mystical weapons of her own. She has a sword forged by Hephaestus god of the forge and she sometimes carries Athena's shield. To claim Thor would win because of Mjolnir is wrong. Nothing about Mjonir in a weapon to weapon fight would ever provide him an edge, it's just a blunt tool. Sword and shield in the hands of a trained phalanx fighter that's another story.  Thor is awesome, but Wonder woman has proven herself a much better fighter time and again. "

Mjolnir without thunder and lightning being barely better than a Club is false.Wonder Woman is a better fighter but she doesn't have a single weapon comparable to Mjolnir and in a straight fight..all powers included, Thor would buss dat ass.
    Rune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rune
    @MrMiracle77 said:
    " What's funny is that the collectable cards that Marvel issued in the 90s always showed Thor rated at a 4 (out of 7) in fighting ability.  Others in that same range included Spiderman and other relatively younger heroes.  Now compared that with the 7s, which included Wolverine, Cable, and Captain America.  Even Punisher got a 6.  Maybe fans haven't been taking Thor seriously because, for a very long time, Marvel wasn't really taking him seriously? "
    that is wack
    Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Stormultt

Thor can fight this is nothing new, But sometime's he depend to much upon his mjulnir.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Rune said:

" @MrMiracle77 said:

" What's funny is that the collectable cards that Marvel issued in the 90s always showed Thor rated at a 4 (out of 7) in fighting ability.  Others in that same range included Spiderman and other relatively younger heroes.  Now compared that with the 7s, which included Wolverine, Cable, and Captain America.  Even Punisher got a 6.  Maybe fans haven't been taking Thor seriously because, for a very long time, Marvel wasn't really taking him seriously? "
    that is wack "
    What..that characters who actually have some fighting skill are rated above Thor?
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#25  Edited By Son_of_Magnus
    @Nova`Prime`: Thor's h2h feats are nothing compared to Diana
    DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DeathinFire
    @Vance Astro:
    I suppose you're right about the Sentry business.  I've only seen Hulk and Sentry fight that one time during WWH.  I'm not saying Thor could beat the Sentry but in his defense, can anyone beat the Sentry?  Anyone?  As far as fighting skill goes.  Maybe he's not a super trained fighter.  The Son of Asgard books do show him training to fight at a very young age, however (not my favorite Thor stories but still pretty good).  I guess other than that we simply haven't seen him fight like some of the others.

Also, I suppose the real debate between Thor vs. Wonder Woman comes down to whether or not Wonder Woman is worthy to wield Mjollnir.  If she could hold the hammer it could change everything.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @DeathinFire said:
    " @Vance Astro: I suppose you're right about the Sentry business.  I've only seen Hulk and Sentry fight that one time during WWH.  I'm not saying Thor could beat the Sentry but in his defense, can anyone beat the Sentry?  Anyone?  As far as fighting skill goes.  Maybe he's not a super trained fighter.  The Son of Asgard books do show him training to fight at a very young age, however (not my favorite Thor stories but still pretty good).  I guess other than that we simply haven't seen him fight like some of the others. Also, I suppose the real debate between Thor vs. Wonder Woman comes down to whether or not Wonder Woman is worthy to wield Mjollnir.  If she could hold the hammer it could change everything. "
    The point i'm making is this.Thor doesn't fight anyone who is very skilled and combat and all the people he knows that are..are far weaker than he is.So with that said he will never really have any credible fighting skill showings because only 2-4 class 100's actually have some fighting skill.Beating Hulk doesn't make you skilled.In fact to be on his strength level and with his mental disability..to not beat him would make you look bad.Sentry is beatable and has been beaten.When talking about fighting skill it doesn't matter if Wonder Woman can wield Mjolnir..It would be like saying it comes down to if Thor can wield the lasso..it doesn't matter.She has high level fighting skill feats..he doesn't.It's that simple.There are credible fighters in her strength class in the DCU.
    Red_Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Red_Blade

He can fight with a weapon but his h2h skills are laughable

Siafon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Siafon

Okay people are claiming that Wonder Woman is a great fighter, and has fought plenty of great fighters in her class. When? I remember seeing her get beaten to a pulp by Mongul, and Mongul is supposed to be a great fighter right? But when Mongul fights Superman do you see any fighting skill? No.  The Martian Manhunter is supposed to be a great fighter, but as the Burning Plastic Man fought him to a standstill to by the JLA time. So no he's not a great fighter. Wait Orion is a great fighter, but everytime I've seen him in fights, he just slugs it out with whomever he is fighting. So I don't think he is a great fighter, especially when rage is what fuels him. Okay I got it Darksied is a great fighter. But Doomsday beat him to a pulp, and Doomsday was a brainless beast of rage. So he can't be a great fighter. Maybe Big Barda is the one you guys are talking about, because she use to be the leader of Granny Goodness female Furies. Yet I've never seen he really show she is a fighter, but that mace she uses is badass... Wait, isn't this the same thing you guys are saying about Thor. I mean he only fought the Celestial's  alone. The Wrecking Crew, along with Absorbing Man, and Titania, not to mention Ultron, Dr. Doom, and the rest of the villians durign Secret Wars by himself. So to do that and escape unharmed one would think he used fighting skill. I also understand people saying that Thor is not a great fighter, but why would he show you his fighting ability against people significantly weaker? One on one against the Rhino, or Absorbing Man, (who is actually in the 100 ton class) Thor walks thru them. Why? Because he is that much more powerful, and stronger. Why show off against them. The Hulk, and Juggernaunt is were Thor starts to show you how well he fights. (He starts to show you I said. Don't miss read this) And of course has never pulled the earth from one orbit to another, why because Marvel never wrote a story where it needed to happen. Wonder Woman pulled 1/3 of the earths weight. Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent. (which wieghs as much as the earth) So I can see where he doesn't have a strength feat you would call "good enough" Oh did I mention that when the Celestial attacked Asgard Thor threw the Odinsword thru Exitar. (The Odinswords weight is incalcuable)  Wonder Woman also fights weaker beings regularly, while Thor usually fights Godkillers, and other Gods. On earth with the Avengers he runs into pushover. Like Onslaught, Ultron, Dr. Doom, Terrax, Kang the Destroyer, and so on. Also everywhere I have looked recognizes Thor's ability to fight. Hand to hand, with a sword, or hammer, and numerous other weapons. Thor is a god, like Pluto, and Ares. When Wonder Woman runs into Pluto, and Ares, it's the biggest story arc of the year for her. Thor fights them all the time, and in the  Marve Universe Thor outclasses them. The power of the storm is Thor's not Mjollnir. The hammer's inscription reads, "Who so ever posses this hammer if he be worthy shall posses the power of Thor."  Thor is the toughest character in comics in my opinion, and he reveals in battle. He has been fighting for a millenium. He is a God, not a human warrior, of a clay statue brought to life by a mother's prayer to Hera. If Wonder Woman's abilities comes from the gods, and Thor is a god, he is likely more powerful, and stronger than she is. And by being a warrior, from a warrior culture, he would not underestimate Wonder Woman. Wow, didn't mean for it to be this long
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Siafon said:
    " Okay people are claiming that Wonder Woman is a great fighter, and has fought plenty of great fighters in her class. When? I remember seeing her get beaten to a pulp by Mongul, and Mongul is supposed to be a great fighter right? But when Mongul fights Superman do you see any fighting skill? No.  The Martian Manhunter is supposed to be a great fighter, but as the Burning Plastic Man fought him to a standstill to by the JLA time. So no he's not a great fighter. Wait Orion is a great fighter, but everytime I've seen him in fights, he just slugs it out with whomever he is fighting. So I don't think he is a great fighter, especially when rage is what fuels him. Okay I got it Darksied is a great fighter. But Doomsday beat him to a pulp, and Doomsday was a brainless beast of rage. So he can't be a great fighter. Maybe Big Barda is the one you guys are talking about, because she use to be the leader of Granny Goodness female Furies. Yet I've never seen he really show she is a fighter, but that mace she uses is badass... Wait, isn't this the same thing you guys are saying about Thor. I mean he only fought the Celestial's  alone. The Wrecking Crew, along with Absorbing Man, and Titania, not to mention Ultron, Dr. Doom, and the rest of the villians durign Secret Wars by himself. So to do that and escape unharmed one would think he used fighting skill. I also understand people saying that Thor is not a great fighter, but why would he show you his fighting ability against people significantly weaker? One on one against the Rhino, or Absorbing Man, (who is actually in the 100 ton class) Thor walks thru them. Why? Because he is that much more powerful, and stronger. Why show off against them. The Hulk, and Juggernaunt is were Thor starts to show you how well he fights. (He starts to show you I said. Don't miss read this) And of course has never pulled the earth from one orbit to another, why because Marvel never wrote a story where it needed to happen. Wonder Woman pulled 1/3 of the earths weight. Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent. (which wieghs as much as the earth) So I can see where he doesn't have a strength feat you would call "good enough" Oh did I mention that when the Celestial attacked Asgard Thor threw the Odinsword thru Exitar. (The Odinswords weight is incalcuable)  Wonder Woman also fights weaker beings regularly, while Thor usually fights Godkillers, and other Gods. On earth with the Avengers he runs into pushover. Like Onslaught, Ultron, Dr. Doom, Terrax, Kang the Destroyer, and so on. Also everywhere I have looked recognizes Thor's ability to fight. Hand to hand, with a sword, or hammer, and numerous other weapons. Thor is a god, like Pluto, and Ares. When Wonder Woman runs into Pluto, and Ares, it's the biggest story arc of the year for her. Thor fights them all the time, and in the  Marve Universe Thor outclasses them. The power of the storm is Thor's not Mjollnir. The hammer's inscription reads, "Who so ever posses this hammer if he be worthy shall posses the power of Thor."  Thor is the toughest character in comics in my opinion, and he reveals in battle. He has been fighting for a millenium. He is a God, not a human warrior, of a clay statue brought to life by a mother's prayer to Hera. If Wonder Woman's abilities comes from the gods, and Thor is a god, he is likely more powerful, and stronger than she is. And by being a warrior, from a warrior culture, he would not underestimate Wonder Woman. Wow, didn't mean for it to be this long "

Well first of all..DC's Apollo & Ares are not only better fighters than Marvel's but they are far stronger.Thor outclasses Marvel's but not DC's.Secondly if you've never seen Wonder Woman display herself as a credible fighter.You are simply not reading her books.I can say I never seen Batman lose to Ra's Ghul but if I haven't read much Batman how would I know? This is a known and proven fact.All Amazons are expert combatants and this is even before getting to when all Diana has displayed fighting skill.Amazons were raised as warriors. 

Most of this post is irrelevant,it's hard to sift through.All this stuff you're saying about Absorbing Man and the Wrecking Crew and what all Thor and Wonder Woman have lifted..has nothing to do with fighting skill.Are you trying to argue that Thor would beat Wonder Woman because nobody else is.The only point being made is that she is a better fighter. 

Now on to why Diana is the better fighter.First of all she has good fighting skill showings and Thor doesn't.She's embarrassed Donna Troy another trained Amazon,she's sparred with the likes of Batman & Black Canary (two of DC's top tier fighters),she's defeated a skilled Ninja without her powers,She's fought well against Cheshire & Cheetah at the same time..she's even beaten Cheetah and Cheshire happens to also be another top tier fighter in the DCU.She's defeated the Goddess of the Hunt,Diana in combat,She's defeated Medusa using a tactic of blinding herself as to avoid being turned into stone displaying some skill.She has fought the JLA blindfolded and so on and so on and so on.I could keep going but what's the point? She's clearly the better fighter to anyone who has read a large amount of comics with both characters in them.Also being a god doesn't matter and neither does how long Thor has been fighting.He still has not credible skill feats so what good has that millennium done him? Honestly She-Hulk has better fighting skill feats in the class 100 strength level than Thor.He's powerful and stronger than she is but neither of those things mean anything when we're talking about skill.
    Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#31  Edited By Yung ANcient One

On 
    Deadliest Warrior
    they showed that Vikings werent that good of fighters they relied heavily on their physical strength... if they werent that Huge... they probably would be jus decent fighters...

IMO

and I think WOnder Woman cant Fight for $#!% either... so ... yea... i doubt both of their skills...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @Yung ANcient One said:
     IMO  and I think WOnder Woman cant Fight for $#!% either... so ... yea... i doubt both of their skills... "
    Avatar image for strongestonethereis
    StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But Thor is a powerhouse 
    That has beaten the Hulk and the Silver Surfer  
    He has been trained in armed and unarmed combat 

Is he equal to Hercules in these areas? 
    Not in my opinion 
    But he is great fighter regardless 
    And is unmatched in the use of a hammer
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @StrongestOneThereIs said:
    " But Thor is a powerhouse That has beaten the Hulk and the Silver Surfer  He has been trained in armed and unarmed combat  Is he equal to Hercules in these areas? Not in my opinion But he is great fighter regardless And is unmatched in the use of a hammer "
    He's NOT a great fighter.He's aight but he's not great.Again..he's not even better than She-Hulk and she's NOT great so...People are always over-exaggerating his ability in combat.If he was so GREAT, Rulk wouldn't have kicked his ass.
    OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By OhTru

Thor is becoming weaker over the years 

d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By d0npierre

If the man can take a beating from supes and live, he sure as hell can kick WW's *** and give Hulk a go at it. I must admit though it wouldn't be easy but his millenia of experience give him just an advantage...

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn  Online
    Thor really isnt a great Hand to Hand Combat fighter... he seems to have decent basic Boxing and Wrestling style skills... both nothing more...
    King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By King Hercules
    @Vance Astro said:
    " @StrongestOneThereIs said:
    " But Thor is a powerhouse That has beaten the Hulk and the Silver Surfer  He has been trained in armed and unarmed combat  Is he equal to Hercules in dthese areas? Not in my opinion But he is great fighter regardless And is unmatched in the use of a hammer "
    He's NOT a great fighter.He's aight but he's not great.Again..he's not even better than She-Hulk and she's NOT great so...People are always over-exaggerating his ability in combat.If he was so GREAT, Rulk wouldn't have kicked his ass. "

You ever consider that Rulk maybe a better fighter? Point is, Thor has been trained for centuries in combat. Most comics don't show his fighting prowess (like Hercules) but it is clearly stated in their bio of their fighting skills. And not being greater than a better fighter doesn't lessen you as s great fighter. Batman is greater than Nightwing, but Nightwing is still a great fighter.
    OhTru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By OhTru
    @d0npierre said:
    " If the man can take a beating from supes and live, he sure as hell can kick WW's *** and give Hulk a go at it. "
    ABC logic don't work here, Wonder Woman beats Superman -> Diana is the better fighter + Superman has that weakness to magic attacks (which leads many to suspect Thor must have been jobbing like f*%king crazy when Busiek wrote that crossover trash)Too bad superdoopers loyal fanboys always refuse to admit this one 

and she's worthy enough to grab the Hammer off Thor and smack him in the face with it
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By warlock360
    @DH69 said:
    "

who dares doubt thors ability to swing a hammer!

"

The true wielder of Mjolnir!

HRHRHRHR
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @King Hercules said:

" @Vance Astro said:

" @StrongestOneThereIs said:
    " But Thor is a powerhouse That has beaten the Hulk and the Silver Surfer  He has been trained in armed and unarmed combat  Is he equal to Hercules in dthese areas? Not in my opinion But he is great fighter regardless And is unmatched in the use of a hammer "
    He's NOT a great fighter.He's aight but he's not great.Again..he's not even better than She-Hulk and she's NOT great so...People are always over-exaggerating his ability in combat.If he was so GREAT, Rulk wouldn't have kicked his ass. "
    You ever consider that Rulk maybe a better fighter? 
    Yes..THAT'S MY POINT.And he's not even a GREAT fighter so therefore neither is Thor.Also please don't compare Grayson and Bats to Rulk,Thor,and Hulk.Unlike them Grayson has fighting skill feats for days.He may not be better than Wayne but he sure as hell unlike Herc and Thor has PROVEN to be a great fighter.
    d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By d0npierre
    @OhTru:

If supes would have weak spot in magic, then why wouldn't Thor who uses magic to travel trhough dimensions, whip up gigantic storms and powerfull lightnings strong enough to lighten up NYC be a good match?

@VanceAstro:

Idd, whereas Thor is a God. WW is only an amazon trained by Gods. So in the very essence of these two the winner would be Thor. But since WW has been buffed to make her fit in with the rest of the JLA and Thor has been depowerd to make him more accesible to the public I think the odds are even. But to me, he'll always win. Accept against the bat.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @d0npierre said:
    @VanceAstro:  Idd, whereas Thor is a God. WW is only an amazon trained by Gods. So in the very essence of these two the winner would be Thor. But since WW has been buffed to make her fit in with the rest of the JLA and Thor has been depowerd to make him more accesible to the public I think the odds are even. But to me, he'll always win. Accept against the bat. "
    First of all..Thor has lost to several people who aren't gods. 
    What does Thor being depowered or Wonder Woman's strength have anything to do with the thread? We are arguing fighting skill.Thor is more powerful and WOULD beat Wonder Woman but for the 3rd time.That's not what the argument is about.
    Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Crom-Cruach

First of all..Thor has lost to several people who aren't gods. What does Thor being depowered or Wonder Woman's strength have anything to do with the thread? We are arguing fighting skill.Thor is more powerful and WOULD beat Wonder Woman but for the 3rd time.That's not what the argument is about. "

This... again. Powers and might to Powers and Might. Thor is more powerful the Wonder Woman head and shoulders. But that does not make him a better fighter, as in more skilled at hand to hand combat (skill here meaning talent, knowledge of complex techniques, etc not raw power)

Karate Kid in the DCU is a better fighter then superman. It has no bearing on the fact that superman could kill him before karate kid could blink
    DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By DeathinFire
    @Vance Astro: 
     Perhaps Wonder Woman is a more skilled fighter.  It's something I'm not entirely sure about but I certainly recognize your point.  Thor has been fighting for who knows how long.  How many cycles of Ragnarok have there been?  He had to have learned a few things over constant war spanning infinite time. 

Now I also understand that while I say this, it sounds impressive, but in the comics you don't really see it that much.  Now that you have me thinking about it why don't we see a more skilled Thor in print?  If he's truly this immortal being trapped in a perpetual cycle of endless battles, why don't they have him show a little more skill?  Nay, Marvel.  I say thee nay.
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @DeathinFire said:
    " @Vance Astro: 
     Perhaps Wonder Woman is a more skilled fighter.  It's something I'm not entirely sure about but I certainly recognize your point.  Thor has been fighting for who knows how long.  How many cycles of Ragnarok have there been?  He had to have learned a few things over constant war spanning infinite time.  Now I also understand that while I say this, it sounds impressive, but in the comics you don't really see it that much.  Now that you have me thinking about it why don't we see a more skilled Thor in print?  If he's truly this immortal being trapped in a perpetual cycle of endless battles, why don't they have him show a little more skill?  Nay, Marvel.  I say thee nay. "
    Marvel doesn't have him show a little more skill because people who write for Gods show displays of power not skill.Why? I don't know.I haven't been able to figure it out.Marvel claims Ares is a level 7 (Master of all styles) yet he has almost not fighting skill feats.It's ridiculous.
    Diaspa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Diaspa
    @Vance Astro said:
    Marvel claims Ares is a level 7 (Master of all styles) yet he has almost not fighting skill feats.It's ridiculous. "
    That's not true, in the Dark Avengers: Ares miniseries we see him teaching the strategy he learned from war (I love when he says "consider: the Desert Eagle...") and fighting h2h against his own son, pure tactic and fighting skills. 
    When powerhouses collide, each one try to punch the decisive blow in every attack to finish the battle; it doesn't mean they don't have fighting skills. We never truly saw Thor using his fighting skills, so how can you tell he doesn't have any? 
    About the topic, if they were equally pwered, as much as I hate to admit this, I belive WW would beat him. 
    Still, I belive a regular Thor would sweep the floor with WW's head!
    DeathinFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DeathinFire
    @Diaspa:
    I think you just about said it.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By AtPhantom
    @Diaspa said:
    " We never truly saw Thor using his fighting skills, so how can you tell he doesn't have any? "
    Uh hello? Maybe take a step back and think about what you just wrote? We can tell he doesn't have fighting skill precisely because he's never displayed it. To come to any other conclusion is a complete logical failure. 

Also, welcome to the vine.
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm seeing a thread fail here. this is where im at on the subject.
    the question is why do people think Thor has no/none fighting abilities.
    he obviously does. I dont think back when this thread was made anyone 
    even claimed that. What they claimed was that Wonder Woman was more skilled 
    in h2h combat and varied fighting techniques than Thor (which is true of her, same
    goes for Herc). the OP got upset and posted this thread. bottom line. Thor is a pretty
    skilled fighter, he has done it his whole life, which has been close to an eternity. But
    theres characters who have better/more fighting skill than he does, which is the case
    with any character out there. the specific reason in Thors case is that he learned to rely
    more on his vast powers than delving in large sections of fighting tactics, since he didnt
    need them.

so in other words. Can Thor fight ? Yes, he's alright.  He's not Gwen Stacy or something.
    Are there characters that are more skilled than he is ? Yes, of course. Many and by alot
    in many cases.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.