Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

why do so many people like to pick on THOR?

• 54 results
    THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By THORSON

I love THOR

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheGodofThunder

@THORSON: Because his fans make topic like this that are just asking to be trolled. The truth hurts.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SUNMAN

@THORSON: welcome to the internet. Everything gets made fun of. And if we are being honest Thor barely gets made fun off

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By z3ro180

Dude make a a thread to proclaim you love for the god of blond hair is a bit far.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By evilvegeta74

Jealous of the characters popularity, feats and longevity in comics.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By THORSON

@Z3RO180 said:

Dude make a a thread to proclaim you love for the god of blond hair is a bit far.

they wouldn't allow me to leave the message part blank. so i had to write something. so stop being quick to judge without knowing anything.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By THORSON

@SUNMAN said:

@THORSON: welcome to the internet. Everything gets made fun of. And if we are being honest Thor barely gets made fun off

yes he does. i've seen a lot of THOR hate

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Because Thor fans are the new Storm fans

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By gravitypress

The only people that pick on Thor are the people that write him.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By longbowhunter

All this is news to me.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SUNMAN

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Generally speaking Thor fans re way more obsessive and agressive than Storm fans, its only on this site that its the inverse

sommyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sommyt

@THORSON: I don't think they pick on him they just disrespect him especially in Thor vs Superman fights

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_

Sits down and waits for someone to say something negative about Batman and his fans.

ColonelRunAway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ColonelRunAway

One of your favorite characters has been in two well received movies that've brought him tons of mainstream fans, but a few people still make fun of him?

Gee, I feel so bad for you.

SO.

FREAKIN'

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#15  Edited By TheCannon

Because they don't know how awesome he truly is.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fifthchild

If theres any truth to it i think its because there are some Thor fans who make a lot of loud, bold proclamations about how unimaginably much more powerful Thor is than Superman/Hulk/Thor/Surfer etc and how he should beat them 10 times out of 10 if he were written properly. That sort of stuff is going to invite a response.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
    New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By New_World_Order

He is supposedly not as fast as other heroes in his league, around his league or at times leagues below.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By TrueMarvel

@Fifthchild said:

If theres any truth to it i think its because there are some Thor fans who make a lot of loud, bold proclamations about how unimaginably much more powerful Thor is than Superman/Hulk/Thor/Surfer etc and how he should beat them 10 times out of 10 if he were written properly. That sort of stuff is going to invite a response.

thor factually SHOULD beat superman. Hes litterally like a more magical version of Captain Marvel

Thor has ALREADY beaten Surfer

Hulk beating thor is PURE PIS

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By Pyrogram

Bad writing.

Hoenhime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hoenhime

Thor has been written badly in recent times, even I disliked the previous Thor title, but the new marvel now thor seems to be a new hope for the charecter. The present story arc is good and I hope it stays good.

Postacrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Postacrat

@TrueMarvel said:

@Fifthchild said:

thor factually SHOULD beat superman. Hes litterally like a more magical version of Captain Marvel

The claims that you are making right there are the reasons why people hate Thor. He is nothing like a more powerful Captain Marvel, I know people like to think about Classic Thor and what he could do but the truth is Thor just isn't doing these things anymore. I don't know why people compare a guy who is a powerhouse indeed that has 90 percent of his actual victories credited to his hammer. Why is Thor constantly compared to people who commit to consistent high end feats with their bare hands regularly, when the only comparable feats he has are either 7 years or more old or they are because of his magical Hammer?

Everybody you named that Thor could beat he couldn't man handle them and without his hammer he would be no match for them, a fact that the Hulk has proven time and time again....hell The Sentry was kicking his A double S with his hammer...just saying... Thor is pretty strong without Mljnior, he is even more powerful with it but lately Thor isn't as powerful as some of you want him to be but that doesn't make him weak at all. That's my opinion on it though.

ColaNicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ColaNicole

@Fifthchild said:

This hits the nail on the head.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Saren

Personally, I enjoy how prickly his most vocal fans are. The ones who insist that he could beat up Superman, Hulk, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Gladiator and everyone else simultaneously but doesn't because "writers don't know how to write Thor properly". Any time Thor loses? Automatic PIS. Knockouts are for the weak! Thor was just resting his eyes. Or he was holding back because his enemy was a mortal! Or some other nonsense. They're particularly entertaining on battle threads because half of Thor's more popular feats are dreadfully out of context, and yet these people post orgies of scans and a lot of the time they just give away the fact that they've never even read the stories these feats were performed in.

Needling them is usually fun because of how much they can b!tch and cry about what they think Thor is "supposed to be", versus what he actually is.

After a while, the fanboy wailing gets stale and repetitive, but sooner or later everyone on this forum starts screaming about Thor vs Hulk. That's always fun to watch, even if the arguments mostly boil down to "HULK GET MADDER AN STRONGER!" vs "lol godblast end of story".

So yeah, basically I've learned that if you pick on Thor, even undeservedly, the responses you get are always good for a giggle or two. When his fans aren't collectively depressed about him not operating at "classic levels", they're ranting about how he could break off Superman's arms and beat Hulk to death with them, and then seduce Wonder Woman while Green Lantern sits in the corner watching. This forum has bipolar disorder.

@TrueMarvel said:

.....Exhibit A?

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Hyper_God

Because Thor fans are easily the worst of the breed , only rivalled/exceeded by DBZ fanboys . I've lurked on Alvaro's comic boards , and the fanboyism is in its most horrid form over there . The obsession with the character on that board is so disturbing that people over there sometimes use feats from fanfics(posted by other Thor fanboys on that very board) as "proof" in a battle thread . Thor fans also automatically presume that "Thor is at his best"(excluding CIS) irrespective of what the OP stipulations are , and when one decides to play their game and apply the same logic to his opponent , the dunderheads will instantly point out how we can't go out-of-character . A big LOL at shenanigans like that . Context is also the average Thor fan's No.1 enemy .

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#25  Edited By Teerack

I think people pick on Thor because Thor fans think he can beat everyone and do anything.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Dayvid3

I never hated him, just always thought he was kind of a dumb pompous doofus, based on movies and cartoons. And doesn't he narrate his powers like storm? Ugh that's terrible. No my sort of hate only started recently when I've been seeing the immense thor fan threads, can thor break the universe in half, thor vs toaa, etc. That's an easy way to turn people off a char

selinaky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By selinaky

Hm, don't think he gets 'made fun of' more than a lot of other characters. If he does, it's probably due to the fact he's often portrayed as arrogant, so it can be fun to knock him down. Also the whole fanboys of characters against each other... hardcore fanboys can be overwhelming and off-putting.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By z3ro180

@THORSON what do mean judge ? It was joke lighting up. Also I think I know a bit more about thor than you do.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By TDK_1997

I liked Thor a lot actually until CV got full with so many Thor fanboys that have read only two stories with him and in every battle thread he's part of they say he wins.But I still like him a lot but I'm just a little bit tired of his biggest fans on the site.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By butterflykyss

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

And what is that supposed to mean??

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

No...Just no..

Avatar image for spidermanandsuperman
    spidermanandsuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TrueMarvel: captain marvel is magical

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dayvid3

Oh yeah and magic sucks

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TrueMarvel

@Hyper_God:

this is coming from a superman i presume?

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By THORSON

@Z3RO180 said:

@THORSON what do mean judge ? It was joke lighting up. Also I think I know a bit more about thor than you do.

i'm sure you do. i'm still a comic newbie.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#36  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Because THOR is awesome. THOR should always win. THOR is da greatest evaaaaaaaaaar!! THOR has da magical hammer that goes zib zob zoobity bop and the Galactus dies!!! Seriously, I think the problem is obsession. Like what Hyper_God and Baney is the fact people can't seem to grasp how the comic characters operate and in result because their character becomes a stepping stone leads to just a bunch of whining and complaining from those hardcore fans. Just because the character has an option in comic fights doesn't mean he will use it. If that were the case, Silver Surfer would be putting black holes in people's eyeballs, Flash would never be hit and the comic would be 1 page with initial villain plot on page 1 followed by them all knocked out with a red streak in the background. Totally worth $2.99. It's like this with a lot of fans. We get the Hulk fans that just go "Hulk smash, Hulk heal, Hulk get stronger" or "Batman wins via *insert item* cause he always has that in his utility belt." I don't think he gets hated on a lot. I think it is just a bunch of fans wanting to complain about something. Thor is already one of the strongest characters in comics and has become a proverbial stepping stone character which has happened to A LOT of mainstream characters. It has happened to Superman, Wolverine, Hulk, entire teams at times, just to show how powerful a character is. It would be kind of hard to take a heavy hitter character seriously when he is only smacking around a team comprised of mostly Captain America level characters so of course Thor is going to need to get beat up. A lot of characters job and fans need to realize that. The hardcore ones just apparently don't and they whine and complain and then this invokes a yin reaction to their yang reaction and things balance themselves that way. Why they just can't be happy their character is at least one of the most powerful and popular characters is beyond me, especially when he is being written rather well right now.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By jhazzroucher

i like Thor.

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Hyper_God

@TrueMarvel said:

@Hyper_God:

this is coming from a superman i presume?

I am sorry , I don't understand . Are you calling me a superman fan ? If you are , then you're dead wrong .

Btw , this isn't the thread to start a superman vs thor discussion . If you want to do so , I'd advice bumping some of the older(or more recent) ThorVsSuperman threads , and if I care enough , I'll respond to you.

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39  Edited By charlieboy

@butterflykyss: Latrice!!!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Pyrogram

@jhazzroucher said:

i like Thor.

Simple enough xD

Avatar image for fuchsia_nightingale
    Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

Fan boys,

He got beat by Emma, love that

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By butterflykyss

@charlieboy said:

@butterflykyss: Latrice!!!

hahaha!!!

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#43  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

Fan boys,

Beat was an understatement lol.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@god_spawn: That = Classic

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By THORSON

@god_spawn said:

@Fuchsia_Nightingale said:

Fan boys,

Beat was an understatement lol.

whatever

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#46  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@SUNMAN said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

Generally speaking Thor fans re way more obsessive and agressive than Storm fans, its only on this site that its the inverse

that's debatable

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pyrogram

@god_spawn: That is such a pathetic battle. The way she won ( I agree, she would win ) was written so bad it makes me hate AvX even more, Thor has taken more of a beating than that before, they could have been creative.

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram:Loved it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Pyrogram

@Fuchsia_Nightingale: Get back into you're box >_>

Fuchsia_Nightingale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Pyrogram:Nope

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.