Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8593 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Why didn't thor return as RKT?

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hi everyone. There is something that I'm always wondering about:

We know that, during dissassembled, Thor ended the ragnarok cicle, and after that, he entered some kind of "sleep" of hibernation. When he ended the cicle, he was RKT. He had knowledge of all things, he had the full odinforce, and he had the runes magic.

Now, when thor "returned to the living" or "woke up", he returned in his classic form but with the OF. However, for some reason, he no longer had the runes magic nor the knowledge he had gained.

So, therefore, I ask you: Why didn't thor return with all the powers he had when he was rune king thor? Why did he lose the runes magic and the knowledge? Is there a reason for him to lose that?

Thanks for the attention.

bgibs13390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The writers didn't want him to be too powerful and they wanted the old Thor back. Its pretty hard to write a super powerful character and have the stories around them be compelling. If Thor came back as RLT you wouldn't have had Dark Reign or Siege because as soon as Thor showed up it would be over. I would ever go so far as to say RLT would stomp Sentry/Void.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wolfus

The writers didn't want him to be too powerful and they wanted the old Thor back. Its pretty hard to write a super powerful character and have the stories around them be compelling. If Thor came back as RLT you wouldn't have had Dark Reign or Siege because as soon as Thor showed up it would be over. I would ever go so far as to say RLT would stomp Sentry/Void.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. RKT would've managed to stop bor without killing him. RKT would've easily beat loki and doom. The dark avengers would be nothing to that thor either. Actually, RKT would've created asgard on asgard(the realm) and not on midgard. Thor would've stopped the secret invasion as well.

I see your point. It was plot then. But I really liked that style, the runes magic, that knowledge he had. I want to see more of him.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because many of Marvel writers suck at handling powerhouse characters so they choose to "weaken" them for plot's sake.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.