Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Why did they change Ultimate Thor's look?

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gravitypress

Maybe I missed the issue. But why did they change his Hammer and Look to the latter one?

Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @gravitypress: Something about how before Thor was mortal and had to use tech to replicate his powers. But after the whole Loki thing he got his Asgardian powers and his old hammer back. I hate it though!!!! They just made him a very bad imitation of regular Thor!
    gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By gravitypress
    @Mr. Dead Pool: I agree Ultimate Thor had a distinctive look. I liked it.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool
    @gravitypress: And Ultimate Mjolnir looked way cooler! I mean I like classic Mjolnir but Ultimate just looked bad ass!!!
    z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By z3ro180
    @Mr. Dead Pool: When i first saw that hammer i thought it was an axe then i thought it was a hammer so i called it a HAXER hammer and axe combined.
    seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By seekquaze

Loeb came along and wanted a different look, personality and speech pattern.  I don't know if he ever explained why.  Hitchman wrote an Ultimate Thor mini series to give a background to Ultimate Thor and try and explain some of the radical differences between Loeb and Millar's versions of Thor.  The original Mjolnir was the stone hammer look.  When he was reborn on Earth he didn't have any of his powers so he had to duplicate them with technology.  It was only at the end of Ultimates 2 that his divinity was restored and Thor got his powers back.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By TheGoldenOne
    The old hammer fit him more.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.