Why can Taurus lift mjolnir?

#1 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

I was reading the Avengers Assemble comic that came with the blu-ray and was wondering why Taurus grabbed mjolnir...

#2 Posted by _Franco_ (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's Taurus?

#3 Posted by Cap10nate (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Franco_ said:

Who's Taurus?

From the Avengers Assemble book. He is a member of the Zodiac, a group of cruminals powered by Thanos to retrieve objects from the Earth for him

@AsgardianXeno929 said:

I was reading the Avengers Assemble comic that came with the blu-ray and was wondering why Taurus grabbed mjolnir...

I originally thought that he just grabbed it out of Thor's hand and dropped it but the next scene that shows him definitely holding it while staring at Hwkeye and Widow's Jeep. So to answer your queation... I have no idea why he is capable of holding Mjolnir. My guess is that it was just an artistic mistake and not something of importance.

#4 Posted by AsgardianXeno929 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate: ok thanks, thats what i was wondering (and hoping) lol

#5 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

He was empowered by Thanos at the time. I guess he was powerful enough to break the enchantment.

#6 Posted by seekquaze (612 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

He was empowered by Thanos at the time. I guess he was powerful enough to break the enchantment.

It would have to be absurdly powerful than. Zeus couldn't hold Mjolnir or keep it from returning to Thor. At least not without actively trying to break the enchantment.

#7 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

He didn't lift Mjolnir. He grabbed the Thor's hand holding Mjolnir, and struck him with it!

Like The Hulk did, before him...

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6471 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cap10nate said:

cruminals

lol im going to start useing this :P

#9 Posted by Cap10nate (2249 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@Cap10nate said:

cruminals

lol im going to start useing this :P

Ha. Missed the spell check on my phone for that one.

#10 Edited by Pyrogram (36704 posts) - - Show Bio

/./.

#11 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1523 posts) - - Show Bio

he doesn't happen to be an android of any kind does he? because it has happened in the past where androids have been able to pick up the hammer (airwalker has done it) and atleast in the ultimate universe thor's hammer has been lifted on strength alone (hyperion).

#12 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

He held Thor's arm,

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.