Who Wants To See A Thor/Silver Surfer Team Up Mini-Series?

#1 Edited by DarkKnight96000 (729 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be 12 issues, take place in mostly deep space and alien worlds, and finally it would feature a powerful new enemy that only Thor and the Silver Surfer can defeat (only if they work together of course).

#2 Posted by Perethorn (3212 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be cool.

#3 Posted by Plax (92 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that idea, Thor needs a cosmic adventure and him teaming up with Surfer is poetic justice.

#4 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

I would.

#5 Posted by SC (12724 posts) - - Show Bio

Only under the right writer, the last story I remember them teaming up, in a Thor Annual I think, against Millennius. That was really meh to me. Then you want a writer that treats them fairly, certain writers like Fraction and Remender might be too Thor heavy, other writers like DNA or Pak might be too Surfer heavy, and yeah its no fun when one character just doesn't seem like that character.

I'd really love it though, I like these two characters and hope a writer does them justice.

#6 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Get Esad Ribic to draw it and you got yourself a deal.

#7 Edited by Bezza (3418 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes please!

#8 Posted by phisigmatau (464 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be awesome. im down as long as Thor gets some impressive combat speed feats..

one series that i would love more is Thor and a Phoenix saga. I think they are on the same power scale and it would be really interesting to see Thor deal with the Dark Phoenix side of her while still trying to accomplish their mission, whatever mission it is. That would be sooooo cool.

#9 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

that would be awesome. im down as long as Thor gets some impressive combat speed feats..

one series that i would love more is Thor and a Phoenix saga. I think they are on the same power scale and it would be really interesting to see Thor deal with the Dark Phoenix side of her while still trying to accomplish their mission, whatever mission it is. That would be sooooo cool.

Unfortunately, we just recently had such a confrontation (not exactly, but close), and it's been widely regarded as a massive Thor failure.

#10 Posted by THORSON (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds good to me. 2 of the most powerful forces teaming up is a dangerous team.

#11 Posted by phisigmatau (464 posts) - - Show Bio

@phisigmatau said:

Unfortunately, we just recently had such a confrontation (not exactly, but close), and it's been widely regarded as a massive Thor failure.

i think Phoenix is more powerful. But thats what makes it interesting when he tries to stop her...

#12 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont.

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (81712 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't, either.

#14 Posted by New_World_Order (12606 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep.

#15 Edited by Experio (14333 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends who would write

#16 Posted by HaveAtThee (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I would absolutely LOVE a Surfer/Thor crossover. It'd be great if let's say Thor were to appear in two of Slott's Surfer issues in its infancy. Doesn't have to be anything Earth-shattering, but just a good ol' fashioned cosmic adventure featuring two of Marvel's most powerful and compelling figures. Have the first issue take place in Slott's title, the next in Aaron's and the last one again in Slott's. Almost like a self-contained crossover without the need for useless retcons.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.