Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Who wants the real Thor back being the main character in the Thor comics?

• 177 results
    Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Thorthunder98

Poll Who wants the real Thor back being the main character in the Thor comics? (159 votes)

Yes bring back the real Thor Mjolnir or Jarnbjorn just bring him back 26%
    Yes and give him back Mjolnir too 58%
    No I like the Lady Thor and Thor Odinson as the side character 13%

I'm curious to how many people actually want to keep the Lady Thor around or would rather the real Thor be back as the main character in his own comic.

• 
    Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@antithetical: CORRECT! These other ignorant neophytes trying to lecture real Thor fans on his powers, birthright and history. Take your useless cancer wench and shove her where the sun doesn't shine!

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderingthorfan: lol, a bit extreme but to the point. Bringing the thunder I take it, eh?

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:

Actually if you guys stop hating on the female Thor and just try to enjoy the story you will find out that both the storytelling and the character are pretty good. Also Thordis is actually a character that almost every single Thor fan loves and adores.

Now, I do agree that Aaron's storytelling has dropped in quality compared to his previous Thor stories. But what I am trying to say is that everyone is hating on Thordis way too much without even trying to give the book and the character a chance.

I tried it without hate, I did not find it very good. Some of the characterization was awful, it was trying to hard with the female empowerment thing.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who doesnt?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#155  Edited By TDK_1997

@tdk_1997 said:

Actually if you guys stop hating on the female Thor and just try to enjoy the story you will find out that both the storytelling and the character are pretty good. Also Thordis is actually a character that almost every single Thor fan loves and adores.

Now, I do agree that Aaron's storytelling has dropped in quality compared to his previous Thor stories. But what I am trying to say is that everyone is hating on Thordis way too much without even trying to give the book and the character a chance.

I tried it without hate, I did not find it very good. Some of the characterization was awful, it was trying to hard with the female empowerment thing.

There's those moments indeed but most of the time I simply enjoy the storytelling of Aaron. I think he is an excellent writer who can patch up a wonderful and entertaining story. What characterization did you think was awful?

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By spider11211

@tdk_1997 said:
    @spider11211 said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

There's those moments indeed but most of the time I simply enjoy the storytelling of Aaron. I think he is an excellent writer who can patch up a wonderful and entertaining story. What characterization did you think was awful?

In general I like his writing as well, but the anti-female villain statements and banter was very overboard. You can hear Fonzie's motorcycle on those.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Asgaard

@tdk_1997 said:
    @spider11211 said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

Let me ask you this, when you are reading Thor you accept any kind of story? I mean there is no difference between a Thor story and a Hawkeye story? Aaron story wasn't about Gods and Asgard and his characterization was as bad as possible, because you can't humanize characters that are Gods.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997 said:
    @spider11211 said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

In general I like his writing as well, but the anti-female villain statements and banter was very overboard. You can hear Fonzie's motorcycle on those.

Aaron tends to make his stories and his characters' behavior a little cheesy and maybe cliche even. Most of his characters that aren't part of a creater owned project of his, are written by some really famous stereotype.

@asgaard said:
    @tdk_1997 said:
    @spider11211 said:
    @tdk_1997 said:

Let me ask you this, when you are reading Thor you accept any kind of story? I mean there is no difference between a Thor story and a Hawkeye story? Aaron story wasn't about Gods and Asgard and his characterization was as bad as possible, because you can't humanize characters that are Gods.

And how exactly is it impossible?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997:

Not sure what you are asking or saying, but doesn't matter won't lose any more time discussing Aaron's crap...

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

@tdk_1997:

Not sure what you are asking or saying, but doesn't matter won't lose any more time discussing Aaron's crap...

Suit yourself. Everyone can like and dislike anything he wants, so there's no need for me to defend Aaron's work.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Yes to the second option.

Although personally, I would now much rather see him with a new hammer. One with twice as much power as Mjolnir and that answers exclusively to him (i.e.: no worthiness enchantment). In other words, a Mjolnir 2.0.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel Mjolnir is like his arm or leg you cannot just do away with her.

They do need to do away with the enchantment.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't mind Jane as Thor, and I am looking forward to seeing were the story goes.

Mannequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm content with Jane Foster parading around as a Norse deity for the moment, I'd actually like Thor to be "Thor". I'm all for originality, but this lacks any at all. I'm tired of the gender-swapping of male characters into female characters to add more "diversity". Why not just create an entirely new character without the excess baggage of there testosterone-filled counterpart. It's beginning to become a bit of a cliche.

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarathos022: I AGREE. A hammer that some loser can't use to make her look like she's actually worth the paper she's printed on! CUZ SHES NOT! She's not even worth being printed on toilet paper! Though Dautermann draws a great real THOR.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel Mjolnir is like his arm or leg you cannot just do away with her.

They do need to do away with the enchantment.

Or modify it so where Mjolnir only responds to Thor Odinson and not some cheap knockoff, as @zarathos022 previously said.

While I'm content with Jane Foster parading around as a Norse deity for the moment, I'd actually like Thor to be "Thor". I'm all for originality, but this lacks any at all. I'm tired of the gender-swapping of male characters into female characters to add more "diversity". Why not just create an entirely new character without the excess baggage of there testosterone-filled counterpart. It's beginning to become a bit of a cliche.

The whole gender/race swapping thing has become the flavor of the month at Marvel lately, to a somewhat lesser degree at DC (for the moment), but at this point definitely cliched and played out.

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really shouldnt be so worried. I understand that this whole gender swap mania is annoying for a Thor fan but at least there is no doubt that the proper one will be back soon enough. Im a fan of the real Ms Marvel and I might never get her back the way she was now THAT really sucks.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well out of 129 people only around 18 people actually like Lady Thor so I'd imagine almost all of the actual Thor fans do not like what Marvel has done with Thor.

Imagine the difference with more peoples votes I'm sure the strong majority would not be in favour of Thordis.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They have the Thor story line so messed up that its like a bad Austin powers movie. Thor meets Thor of five minutes in the future , No I am Thor of 20 years in the future , oh shizzle no I am Thor of 30 years in the past..Oh no not again its king Thor of 2 million years in the future. OMG its The Thor that replaced Galactus and is munching on mars looking at me like Earth is my main course mars is a snack. Ok it is Beyond funny. Hey Beyonder Thor with the power to change it all...Wait......she changed it all.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol lets resurrect this thread as I've finally got to 1000 posts as I hardly post much n this is one of my first proper threads on the site

a year and a half on and not much has changed except marvel comics has gone to shit as a whole now the real Thor does have his own comic arc now but still doesn't have his hammer and is being written like trash in his own comic.

Aaron has just completely F'd up the Thor canon and trashed Thor and Odin's characters and continues to do so F'd up Mjolnirs origin and much more

So overall it's gotten worse ahahaha

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It gets down to they trashed the whole marvel universe as you said.

Thor or no thor its like they burned the house he lives in and some place out in fan fiction vill we find our Thor asking wtf has happened to his once loving caring brutile invirement he called home?

Where lady Sif and the Enchantress hand in hand cooked and cleaned the castle , cast spells and did await the champion , where life was chaotic and they liked it that way.

Where the cry... Have at thee.... was the start of a good day.

Instead we get a Thor that is gone from the page , and odin that is stripped of his powers and a wife or adopted mother who wants to be ruler all of it and not have the ear of the king.

We have the left over of a pc stunt gone bad.

We only wonder or me at least.

Can they bring the universe out of a tailspin of doom and save both the movie franchise and the book?

Who wants to see Thor back , well just about anybody that has ever read the book and knows that Thor is Worth he is fine tuned and (let his arm grow back to damn man) The storm the thunder the rain the many or is it just a thought waiting to go fourth and say.

Enough wasting out money on something that has no meaning and is almost the same as babble.

Focus on creating a great read for our generation and beyond.

How does one go about the total destruction of Stan Lee and his hard work?

Well trying or not that is just what they are getting done.

The hero no longer a hero , the story arc lost to the machine of pc people everywhere.

A sad day in the comic industry is all I have to say about it all.

All in all Thor is such a rich character and yet they managed to mess up his character.

I am amazed.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Yea as you said leftover of a PC stunt gone bad not even bad just failed miserably the sales are terrible for She-Thor comics because the non-comic book readers that hopped onto the hype at first obviously dropped off because they don't read comics in the first place they just fell for the PC stunt then gave up.

It's clear because the Thor forums used to be in the top 5 most active on the site on the regular and not even Iron Man, Hulk or Cap were consistently there which shows how popular he was now the forums are dead because we have nothing new to discuss or don't want to discuss the new BS they put out. And She-Thor has no actual fan base because nobody wanted her in the first place

I don't see how they thought they cloud please the original Thor fans by completely trashing his history.

But yea they trashed the MU as a whole continuously forcing the unnecessary PC bs and replacing characters with new ones of colour or a different gender or maybe even both just to seem PC. But why do that when you could create new characters and build up a new fanbase instead of trying to turn an existing one into liking a character with the same title as the one they love but not the same character...

How they thought this would all be a success is beyond me I'm not sure how they can redeem themselves from all of it now but I hope they can

LustyLapis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do

Avatar image for deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4
    deactivated-6044a3a59a9f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Who wants the real Thor back being the main character in the Thor comics?"

my family: "There is only one Thor. How can there be a real and a fake one!? Is it a title???"

me: Yes, Thor is a title...

family: Wtf is this shit!?

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Civil War II #8 Spoilers

According to one of Ulysses' final visions, it looks like the real Thor will eventually be getting his Mjolnir back facing off against a Necro sword powered Loki. As much shit as I give Aaron for screwing Thor over, this does look cool.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: It is promising and want it to happen so bad but I'm not gonna get my hopes up too much

but I do see them bringing Thor back worthy with the hammer before Ragnarok comes out they need to because the unworthy thor won't build up hype as much

But the scene does look cool as hell yea

Avatar image for genjiunstoppablemiracle
    genjiunstoppablemiracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

Civil War II #8 Spoilers

According to one of Ulysses' final visions, it looks like the real Thor will eventually be getting his Mjolnir back facing off against a Necro sword powered Loki. As much shit as I give Aaron for screwing Thor over, this does look cool.

That Alternate Future Worthy King Thor Still Young Man vs Necro-Loki We Already Saw That.

Plus Those Building are 2099 future where spiderman 2099 live.

Hercules in 2099 Never Age Still Alive if might Happen Thor Show in 2099 to battle his Brother Loki.

Guys Super Bad News

Eternity being there doesn't even make sense because if you read ultimates eternity is chained up.. bendis make mistake Two mistakes About Thor must Holding is Ultimate Mjolnir Fighting his Brother Loki and About eternity Being chained

Bendis look like he Being rebellious at Marvel Make plotholes Story He Want Draw Real Original Mjolnir not Ultimate Mjolnir.

Here Prove well the one thing i noticed here is that future Thor's young man wearing the destroyer arm plus with his original Mjolnir from alternate Timeline Future King Thor, not the uru arm one. from original Timeline Thor had Ultimate Mjolnir

Bezza1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol lets resurrect this thread as I've finally got to 1000 posts as I hardly post much n this is one of my first proper threads on the site

a year and a half on and not much has changed except marvel comics has gone to shit as a whole now the real Thor does have his own comic arc now but still doesn't have his hammer and is being written like trash in his own comic.

Aaron has just completely F'd up the Thor canon and trashed Thor and Odin's characters and continues to do so F'd up Mjolnirs origin and much more

So overall it's gotten worse ahahaha

You've summed up pretty well how I feel about this topic and marvel comics in general. My fave Marvel dude is Hulk and they've messed him up proper too! Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, bring back the real dudes please!!

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza1969: I'm not even white but it seems to me marvel thinks it's a crime to be a white male ahahaha

Avatar image for redwhiteandbluesupes
    RedWhiteAndBlueSupes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I haven't as I don't buy comics I don't want to read where my favourite character is needlessly replaced and demeaned. This. no matter how I look at it, I just keep coming back to this conclusion

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.