Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Who wants the real Thor back being the main character in the Thor comics?

• 177 results
    Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Thorthunder98

Poll Who wants the real Thor back being the main character in the Thor comics? (159 votes)

Yes bring back the real Thor Mjolnir or Jarnbjorn just bring him back 26%
    Yes and give him back Mjolnir too 58%
    No I like the Lady Thor and Thor Odinson as the side character 13%

I'm curious to how many people actually want to keep the Lady Thor around or would rather the real Thor be back as the main character in his own comic.

• 
    Avatar image for deactivated-599b4bc7465db
    deactivated-599b4bc7465db

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@willienotwilliam said:

she is the real thor

no she is Jane that is far from the real Thor that would be Jane... All day long seven days a week.

no she is thor, you may not like it, but she is thor

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

she is the real thor

no she is Jane that is far from the real Thor that would be Jane... All day long seven days a week.

As much as you would want Jane to be Thor it just simply is not the case. Like a drop of water trying to be the ocean. Just is not possible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

she is the real thor

As much as you would want Jane to be Thor it just simply is not the case. Like a drop of water trying to be the ocean. Just is not possible.

its not what i want

No Caption Provided

it just is what it is

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By arthurkerr

@arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

she is the real thor

its not what i want

No Caption Provided

it just is what it is

I have to be honest I really do not care. I wait for the one and only Thor to return to his own book. Not Jane and I was never a Jane fan anyway. Hammer no hammer she is a horrible character.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Every poll ive seen on this has a similar outcome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

she is the real thor

its not what i want

No Caption Provided

it just is what it is

I have to be honest I really do not care. I wait for the one and only Thor to return to his own book. Not Jane and I was never a Jane fan anyway. Hammer no hammer she is a horrible character.

i mean no matter what you want she is thor i mean her book is on shelves and the ptb have made it so

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

she is the real thor

its not what i want

No Caption Provided

it just is what it is

i mean no matter what you want she is thor i mean her book is on shelves and the ptb have made it so

I want a big mac and large fry. hey and super size my coke to.

You cannot be Jane and Thor as well it just is not possible. They have pills for that kind of thinking.

Why not just leave Thor as whom he is. Let Jane stay Jane. We already have a Thorgirl and she does not claim to be Thor.

Maybe its the cancer talking. Hell next week she may claim to be a chicken or a duck or heck Loki. Gender issues I guess up animal issues as well.

cancer may have spread to the brain they may want to just put the poor girl down.

It would be for the best lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

she is the real thor

its not what i want

No Caption Provided

it just is what it is

You cannot be Jane and Thor as well it just is not possible. They have pills for that kind of thinking.

Why not just leave Thor as whom he is. Let Jane stay Jane. We already have a Thorgirl and she does not claim to be Thor.

Maybe its the cancer talking. Hell next week she may claim to be a chicken or a duck or heck Loki. Gender issues I guess up animal issues as well.

cancer may have spread to the brain they may want to just put the poor girl down.

well she has the hammer so she can be whatever she wants and she so happened to take the mantle of thor so its hers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By arthurkerr

@arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

she is the real thor

its not what i want

No Caption Provided

it just is what it is

well she has the hammer so she can be whatever she wants and she so happened to take the mantle of thor so its hers

Thor is not a mantle it was his birth name. Like bob or billy or mike or fred or henry , oh wait Henry is a mantle sorry. Or sue or sally or Jacob or wanda. Names and the hammer never made Thor who he was since he never got it till he was older its not like a rattle. Oh here thor play with this rattle we call it Mjolnir. Um no good try but does not work.

brian88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaron's a good writer but thora has to stop.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: its clearly a mantle since odinson doesnt have the title anymore or he'd be on the cover of the comic and not her

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Asgaard

@willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:
    @arthurkerr said:
    @willienotwilliam said:

she is the real thor

its not what i want

No Caption Provided

it just is what it is

Actually it matters, i never dislike Jane's character, but how marvel put it she probably will end like one of the most hated characters in the canon, the majority of Thor fan base always rejected the current creative decisions, and marvel comics use this scenario to antagonize Thor fan base and promote this book, but when this run is over Jane will not be remembered as the great character she once was, obviously i not expecting that as proven in this and other threads users without any knowledge on the canon and that only can post linear stuff can understand that Jane was sacrificed for the PR sales...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: like ive said time and time again, it doesnt matter if you like it, she is Thor. your feelings about this wont change the fact that she is Thor. She still has mjolnir, she still has the cover of the comic, and she is still the hero as of now.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: like ive said time and time again, it doesnt matter if you like it, she is Thor. your feelings about this wont change the fact that she is Thor. She still has mjolnir, she still has the cover of the comic, and she is still the hero as of now.

Did you read my post? Apparently not... I m not debating what marvel is selling at the moment i m debating the consequences for Jane's character, even with poor knowledge in the canon isn't that hard to understand that this is not like Superior Spider-man scenario, Jane was a character that didn't deserve this fate...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: doesnt matter what you think she did or didnt deserve she is thor and thats the only thing i said and the only thing ive been saying since i made my first post

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: doesnt matter what you think she did or didnt deserve she is thor and thats the only thing i said and the only thing ive been saying since i made my first post

you could go as far as saying she is many things. Thor however is not one of them. To make Thor a mantle is lazy.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By arthurkerr

I will call a glass of water coffee.but it never will be coffee.

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#119  Edited By jumpstart55

Comic fans are like old people so stuck in their ways which is fine. But what they fail to realize is that the comics industry is a business that is ever changing and as such is susceptible to market fluctuation via changing trends weather it be social,economical, political etc. But as comic book history shows, changes like this don't last and are more gimmicky by nature. Thor Odinson, Wolverine, Cap-Steve will all be back most likely by 2016. Would i like to see Odinson back? Sure, but i all so don't mind seeing things jazzed up a little. And i actually enjoy Jane Foster as the new Thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Asgaard

@willienotwilliam said:

Perhaps your inside the box repetitive thoughts can't realize, but she is selling/promoting the original Thor franchise not Jane's franchise, and Jane should never be a disposable/sacrificed character, the enchantment will always refer to the son of Odin/Gaea and everything in Asgard was build around Thor and Loki, even new creative decisions like Angela, but you and other inside the box users will never understand that, and why Aaron's current writing (character Mjolnir!?) is worse than the crappy Eric Masterson (deceased), some people just follow any editorial lines and buy pr stories even when they are clearly disposable stories, we shall see if my opinion and other fans opinion doesn't matter in the future and if when the Ragnarok movie is released Aaron still is writing Thor...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: well no because no opinion you have is able to erase reality, and that reality is: Jane is Thor. You can hate it or love it, agree with the writing but like ive said and the only thing ive said is that she is in fact thor. She holds the title as of now and even when she steps down and Odinson takes its back up she will still have had been Thor in some timeline in some universe that your opinion can not erase. literally the only thing i said this entire time is that she is thor and im not sure if you know what facts are but , heads up, they aren't actually debatable.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Asgaard
    @willienotwilliam said:

@asgaard: well no because no opinion you have is able to erase reality, and that reality is: Jane is Thor. You can hate it or love it, agree with the writing but like ive said and the only thing ive said is that she is in fact thor. She holds the title as of now and even when she steps down and Odinson takes its back up she will still have had been Thor in some timeline in some universe that your opinion can not erase. literally the only thing i said this entire time is that she is thor and im not sure if you know what facts are but , heads up, they aren't actually debatable.

Reality? Facts? Erase...We are talking about comic book characters like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver right?

Eric Masterson, Red Norvell and Jake Olson, all were Thor in the past, what is exactly your point? Do you really thought no one was called Thor before, besides the son of Odin? Go check the Secret Wars book Thors even a frog was Thor, unlike what you first claimed in your first post currently they all are Thor right? Fact? I don't know perhaps just another comic book story...

Jane's problem is that she is a bigger character in the canon than (Eric Masterson, Red Norvell and Jake Olson) combined and worse, none of that characters needed the character Mjolnir to demonstrate their worthy spirit, if there was no problem in sacrificing the unknown Eric and the others for the pr stuff, there is a problem in sacrificing Jane, because in her concept wielding the hammer only the pathetic character Mjolnir is new, personally i love female lead like Sif, Valkyrie and Angela, but Aaron current execution was disastrous...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: no my point has alway been that Jane is thor and thats the only thing i said but you and that other dude took offense to it i guess and wont leave me alone

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Asgaard

@willienotwilliam said:

@asgaard: no my point has alway been that Jane is thor and thats the only thing i said but you and that other dude took offense to it i guess and wont leave me alone

Offense in the internet and in a comic book site? Nahhh

Actually your first claim was that Jane was the REAL Thor, perhaps the (current) word instead of real would fit better since you like to support your claims with "facts" and "accuracy", because Mjolnir enchantment doesn't refers to her, and Eric Masterson, Red Norvell and Jake Olson all were exposed to Thor the son of Odin essence and Jane also was that's the only explanation for her Asgardian behavior and form, and why Aaron introduced character Mjolnir (Dr. Strange Fix the hammer in Thor #602 with the son of Gaea/Odin life force)...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: well yeah she is the real thor thats why the story is about her

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is hilarious. Jane Foster is Jane Foster. She is not the Asgardian Norse God of Thunder, son of Odin and Gaea, Thor Odinson. Thor is not a mantle, it is Thor's name. It cannot be passed on. Jason Aaron can stupidly write a story where Thor says that Jane is Thor, but that changes nothing. No matter what he does Thor will always be Thor. It's not like Batman where Bruce can hang up his cowl and move on. Bruce will always be Bruce and Thor will always be Thor and Steve Rogers will always be Steve Rogers and so on and so forth.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Asgaard

@willienotwilliam said:

@asgaard: glad we agree

Only if you couldn't see Thors cover or can't understand the meaning of sarcasm...

So currently Ultimate Thor is the only Real Thor because the Secret Wars Thors book story is about him? My guess is that are other Thors in Secret Wars...

She is Thor because the son of GAEA allowed, was not her decision, and don't forget that Malekith and Agger and all the Asgardian cast come from TGOT Arcs and without the heir to Asgard's throne Jane couldn't connect with Asgard, is this story really about her? Also remember that Aaron also will have to write about the whisper (probably also will be disastrous writing) and that story is about the Thor that born and will die as Thor and the God of Thunder, even in Aaron's writing Thor was Thor before ever wield Mjolnir...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: i never said anything other than Jane is Thor lol and the real thor in the sense that she is the goddess of thunder and wields mjonlir and i haven't tried to say anything but that

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they changed the formula of Coca Cola again, better just sit down and shut up because voicing your opposition to something never made a difference. Just be quiet and accept it, you can't change anything and besides, a small number of people might like the new flavor, so everybody should defer to their tastes. Oh hey, the Nazis took over, better learn that sieg heil and how to goosestep, y'know just following orders, and who are you to be questioning the powers that be? It's Jonestown baby, and that's just the way things are, you'll just have to live with it... in the meantime, have a cup of Kool Aid...

(tongue planted very sarcastically in cheek)

Avatar image for vvoodst0ck--defunct
    vvoodst0ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Option 1

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Asgaard
    @willienotwilliam said:

@asgaard: i never said anything other than Jane is Thor lol and the real thor in the sense that she is the goddess of thunder and wields mjonlir and i haven't tried to say anything but that

Thor also is the God of Thunder without Mjolnir, he born that way that's why the enchantment refers to him and why he is the Original and Real Thor because without him in the equation call Thor to other characters was impossible, they never could have his power...

No Caption Provided

Thor's weather control, durability, slow aging and other above-normal Asgardian attributes come from his mother the Elder Earth-Goddess GAEA not the Hammer...

For me is always great to demonstrate this stuff to other users (with no knowledge but interested in Thor comics mythology) here in Thor topics... It's great for the character, because sometimes is not easy to maintain Thor in most popular wiki boards...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: i never said anything about what thor odinson can or cannot do all i said was that she is the real thor and quite frankly im not going to keep replying with the literal same word for word reply everytime because its just is: she is thor.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Asgaard

@willienotwilliam:

Obviously she is not Thor her name is Jane Foster lol, Thor is the son of Odin and Gaea i call her Thordis because of that "what if" story where Jane also pick Mjolnir, that's also a cool name right? (Camon just a couple more), Thor is still behind Storm on the wiki boards and is only above Hulk and Dc Comics, there aren't any Thor/Asgard comics on this Wednesday, and K . Feige already said that Thor Ragnarok news only after the summer...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: Ultimate Thor isn't the only "real" Thor. There's Rune Thor, Destroyer Thor, Frog Thor, Old King Thor and possibly many other thors. Not counting Groot Thor and characters like Thor the Green who are differnt people who are Thors (cops).

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willienotwilliam: is that a invincible reference ? @asgaard: also read some of the past posts it pretty much just seems like your trolling the guy now now he isn't saying that she is Odinson he is saying that she is Thor and weather people like it or not Thor is a title and not just a name.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Asgaard

@z3ro180 said:

@willienotwilliam: is that a invincible reference ? @asgaard: also read some of the past posts it pretty much just seems like your trolling the guy now now he isn't saying that she is Odinson he is saying that she is Thor and weather people like it or not Thor is a title and not just a name.

Since Loki is Anti Hero in recent past Malekith is becoming my Fav. Asgard villain Antagonist, he could let Laussa Odinsdottir die but she is more helpful alive so he help to save her, @z3ro180: I m out of ideas for new topics, but since you are reading Secret Wars, aren't any news regarding the Beyonders/Hyperion/Thor?

vascillator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me old fashioned but I like my Carol Danvers as Ms Marvel, my Logan as Wolverine, Thor as Thor (doh), Steve Rogers as Captain America, and Peter Parker as Spiderman. I really enjoy new creative characters (I dig Blue Marvel and the Sentry for example) but leave the good original ones alone. If youre telling me there are no good new stories to be told for those old chars then I call you a crappy writer.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Give us real Thor back!!

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: it looks to me like willie is the troll constantly repeating himself and proclaiming asgaard doesn't have the right to voice an honest opinion.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: nouthing on Hyperion and Thor other than Hyperion is alive post SW and Thor where abouts are unknown but possibly alive. Strange said that doom killed the byonders but I'm not really site of he did.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kiba said:

@z3ro180: it looks to me like willie is the troll constantly repeating himself and proclaiming asgaard doesn't have the right to voice an honest opinion.

He was... That's why since his first ("Real") post he was selected to just be himself...And help Thor cause...

@z3ro180 said:

@asgaard: nouthing on Hyperion and Thor other than Hyperion is alive post SW and Thor where abouts are unknown but possibly alive. Strange said that doom killed the byonders but I'm not really site of he did.

Ok... Thanks...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: No problem. That's literally all the info right now given to us, strange just stayed doom killed them and aside from the two we saw doe in NA #30 it took a lot to kill them and we know from the end that there are millions possibly countless byonders. I'm guessing do either sealed them away and didn't kill them or he has become one himself and they are just leaving him alone. Hyperion is alive because Marvel has realted two pictures with him on it. A group pic with a whole bunch of characters and the cover to the new Squdren Supreme book starting after SW (the writer has even said that its Hockmans Hyperion) so it stands to reason that Thor-616 has survived or if not he saved Hyperion.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call me old fashioned but I like my Carol Danvers as Ms Marvel, my Logan as Wolverine, Thor as Thor (doh), Steve Rogers as Captain America, and Peter Parker as Spiderman. I really enjoy new creative characters (I dig Blue Marvel and the Sentry for example) but leave the good original ones alone. If youre telling me there are no good new stories to be told for those old chars then I call you a crappy writer.

As a long time Marvel reader I have to agree, problem is it's too much of a crap shoot for companies to try and hook new readers with original characters, it's a LOT easier to make a radical change to existing characters, hype it up beyond all reasoning, reset to a new #1 and sit back, already been stated plenty of times Marvel is simply playing up anything that's going to cause controversy and upset existing fans because it generates publicity and that's really all they're concerned about, hope the Thordis fans are as understanding and tolerant when Marvel decides to give her a sex change or make her into a sentient tapeworm for a few years.

And as for crappy writers/writing too often supporters of these "new directions" claim it gives the characters a "fresh perspective", but how is that the case when all that's been done is the character has been made minority/female/gay and the writer is still telling the same stories around them? They may as well have made a MAJOR push with a new Sif title or made Sam Wilson more prominent in the MU as The Falcon, but um... yeah... still too hard with no guarantee of an instant payoff.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180:

In my Interpretation from Hickman's writing before Secret Wars the Beyonders objective are/were simulations/experiences, "Beyonder Doom" could be inside of the simulation (Secret Wars) without knowing that always was the Beyonders intention, even if i think Aaron/Marvel will erase New Avengers #32 events regarding Thor character, great to know that the Hyperion that share that epic battle with Thor survived SW and will have a story more focused on his character... (Thanks again for the update)

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic case of brand bloating. Treating the characters as "brands" which eventually stagnates with readers. See: multiple Hulks, Spider-Men etc.

What makes them so popular is that they are symbiotic with their alter-egos. They are defined by their alter-egos just as they define them.

Steve Rogers' motivations and sense of self-sacrifice, which led to him risking everything by taking the super soldier serum make the character.

Thor was born God of Thunder but was taught a lesson in humility by living a mortal life as a disabled doctor helping others.

Bruce Banner's brilliant scientific mind led to his horrible accident which gave his anger and frustrations an actual monstrous form.

Anyone else in these roles (Red Hulk, Sam Wilson, Jane Foster) makes little sense because they are just mere copies of the original with minor differences. It also weakens their originality by shoehorning them into established character's "brands."

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Classic case of brand bloating. Treating the characters as "brands" which eventually stagnates with readers. See: multiple Hulks, Spider-Men etc.

What makes them so popular is that they are symbiotic with their alter-egos. They are defined by their alter-egos just as they define them.

Steve Rogers' motivations and sense of self-sacrifice, which led to him risking everything by taking the super soldier serum make the character.

Thor was born God of Thunder but was taught a lesson in humility by living a mortal life as a disabled doctor helping others.

Bruce Banner's brilliant scientific mind led to his horrible accident which gave his anger and frustrations an actual monstrous form.

Anyone else in these roles (Red Hulk, Sam Wilson, Jane Foster) makes little sense because they are just mere copies of the original with minor differences. It also weakens their originality by shoehorning them into established character's "brands."

I agree and that cheapens the character and so also kills the fun of it. When that happens you find out that the strongest of characters dies from lack of good stories.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every poll ive seen on this has a similar outcome

Which would suggest the "success" of Thordis is mostly due to people buying the title to follow the plight of classic Thor, son of Odin. I'm actually hoping he's MIA for awhile so we can really see whether Jane FosThor can carry the book on her own.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They should do another Thor book and bring him back in that book. I mean how hard would that be. Want to do a Jane book as they did in the past. All the power to you. Just do not ask me to buy it. Bring Thor back in his book and give jane another what if book. I mean how hard is that its words on a page. Not actors that need to be paid just words on a page.

What would be epic is a great writer like Dean R. Koontz or somebody huge that can write a novel. Not only do I want Thor back but I want a story worthy of Thor. One that lets Thor , Loki , Odin , Sif , Amora , the whole cast flex and do great things.

Oh and no jane please.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.