Who wants an old man Thor ongoing title?

#1 Posted by judasnixon (6190 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Pyrogram (35099 posts) - - Show Bio

ME!

#3 Posted by Teerack (5332 posts) - - Show Bio

Just the two of you I'm pretty sure.

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6307 posts) - - Show Bio

Mememememememememememememememememememememememememememeememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememe oh god me. Yes I would like an ongoing for old thor

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32703 posts) - - Show Bio

but he already has one

#6 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

but he already has one

He does? I am not very well informed when it comes to Thor, but that sounds interesting :)

#7 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32703 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

but he already has one

He does? I am not very well informed when it comes to Thor, but that sounds interesting :)

Well Thor: God of Thunder if focused on Young Thor in the Viking Era, current Thor and Old Man Thor in the future

#8 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

but he already has one

Well Thor: God of Thunder if focused on Young Thor in the Viking Era, current Thor and Old Man Thor in the future

Ooh, cool, sounds like it might be worth a look. Is it something you can just jump into and have it make sense, or is a little Thor knowledge required? As I say, I have read VERY little of his :)

#9 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio

He's pretty freaking old now.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32703 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

but he already has one

Ooh, cool, sounds like it might be worth a look. Is it something you can just jump into and have it make sense, or is a little Thor knowledge required? As I say, I have read VERY little of his :)

I would say you could jump right on in, I hated Thor before this book

#11 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@BumpyBoo said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

but he already has one

I would say you could jump right on in, I hated Thor before this book

Really? Well now I have to read it. Thank you for the info! ^_^

#12 Posted by SC (12698 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo: You'll really like this Thor book I think, there are only four issues and it has a lot of fun concepts that are presented beautifully. If you like mythology in general, and also some fantasy and larger than life elements its pretty good, plus the antagonist is majorly spooky. Oh but also it has some nice grounded elements too, its not all out of touch with reality, in my opinion its the perfect mix. Good book for a Thor beginner and a long time Thor fan.

#13 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14587 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure, but first I want a Old man Logan sequel or prequel first.

#14 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC said:

@BumpyBoo: You'll really like this Thor book I think, there are only four issues and it has a lot of fun concepts that are presented beautifully. If you like mythology in general, and also some fantasy and larger than life elements its pretty good, plus the antagonist is majorly spooky. Oh but also it has some nice grounded elements too, its not all out of touch with reality, in my opinion its the perfect mix. Good book for a Thor beginner and a long time Thor fan.

Really liking the sound of this, I really do enjoy reading about mythology, and everyone loves a creepy bad guy, right? It's win-win!

So you agree that it would be a pretty good entry point then? Thanks mate, your recommendations tend to pan out quite well ^_^

#15 Posted by SC (12698 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

Really liking the sound of this, I really do enjoy reading about mythology, and everyone loves a creepy bad guy, right? It's win-win!

So you agree that it would be a pretty good entry point then? Thanks mate, your recommendations tend to pan out quite well ^_^

I don't want to ruin it too much, but this is a fast paced book, and so in four issues a lot of fun will be thrown at you, some of its a bit grim, because a part of the plot is dealing with alien gods and some of their demise, and so your put into a situation that I can only describe as being like a little kid again learning about Greek and Norse mythology for the first time? As far as you are treated to fantastic and awes inspiring god beings from other planets that are modeled after and relate to that planets species.

Its nothing overly complex, you don't need to know anything about Thor other than the book is about Thor and well yeah. In my opinion this has been the best new reader friendly relaunch book for Marvel. I hope you enjoy it and if you enjoy it enough review or blog it! **grin**

#16 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: It sounds really interesting, especially the godlike beings from other planets - what's not to like? :D And definitely, whether I enjoy it or not (from the sounds of it I will be surprised if I don't), I'll review it, for sure. Will be interesting to review something people have actually read hehe! XD

#17 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5280 posts) - - Show Bio

@BumpyBoo said:

@SC: It sounds really interesting, especially the godlike beings from other planets - what's not to like? :D And definitely, whether I enjoy it or not (from the sounds of it I will be surprised if I don't), I'll review it, for sure. Will be interesting to review something people have actually read hehe! XD

This book is amazing.

#18 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: Wow, I can't believe how much people love this book! :D I suddenly need it quite badly....

#19 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

Would be cool, but think I'd prefer a young Thor book out of the two. I find it very interesting to see Thor with the vikings, his primary worshipers, and how he has much to learn. The current on-going is perfect - it has best of all 3 Thors!

#20 Posted by SoA (4689 posts) - - Show Bio

a one shot or a mini but not a ongoing

#21 Posted by judasnixon (6190 posts) - - Show Bio
@SoA: Yeah you're probably right. I just enjoy one eyed, one armed, crazy old man Thor more than regular Thor.....
#22 Posted by End_Boss (725 posts) - - Show Bio

No old man Thor ongoing for me. Depressed and suicidal Thor is no fun.

#23 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4521 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

@Pyrogram said:

ME!

me too!

#24 Posted by New_World_Order (12507 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a Rune King Thor !

#25 Posted by TheCannon (17905 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll except any ongoing featuring Thor.

#26 Posted by JamesKM716 (1992 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm seriously diggin the current Thor ongoing, and that's coming form a guy who has NEVER been a fan of Thor.

#27 Posted by Asagod (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I want it.

#28 Posted by HouseOfRao (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the idea of Old Thor, and the characterization but I don't like his world. If they made a book for Old Thor only, I probably wouldn't read it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.