Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Who Could Permanently Inhabit the Destroyer Armor?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#1  Edited By cbishop

The Destroyer armor is the armor was built to hold the power of Odin, Zeus and other gods, in order to fight Celestials sent to judge Earth. Once that battle had taken place, the life force of others animated the armor, at various times. These have included Loki, Thor and Dr. Doom. The armor, despite having been decapitated at one point, is supposed to be indestructible. If you picked one member of the Marvel Universe, who would you want to see take over the armor for good?

I think it would have to be a villain, and I can think of no one more horrifying than Ultron. If he couldn't be destroyed, inhabiting the armor, what kind of threat would he be to the human race then? (Of course, I'm not sure if his artificially created intelligence could animate the armor.)

What say you?

llagrok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By llagrok

Anyone with a sufficiently strong will.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cbishop
    @llagrok:
    But who would that be, and why would being in the armor help them?  I mean, the only thing with Ultron is that he's always getting destroyed and having to build the next version of himself.  The Destroyer armor would make him indestructible.
    D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By D3athstroke

Magneto

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop
    @D3athstroke:
    Okay, but what benefit would he gain from it?  I couldn't see him doing anything with it except twisting it to scrap and using it for weaponry.  Why would he want the armor?
    Tainted-Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Tainted-Cell

I would say Tony Stark, but he's always upgrading his armors.... he wouldn't have the attention span to stay inside indefinitely. But then.... who really would? 

Shadow King.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cbishop

@Tainted-Cell: I could see Tony doing it, if his means of keeping his heart going were suddenly ripped away from him.  That would drastically change the character of Iron Man, but I couldn't see him being happy with it, because he couldn't upgrade it. 

Shadow King would be an excellent choice!  Would it limit him too much though, compared to what he can do as an astral entity?  I really like that choice though.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

Who'd want to?
    darth_fletcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By darth_fletcher

id give it tyr god of war and let him run riot on anyone who thinks they can invade asgard !!!

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

I'd say the people with really strong will-power. My first exposure to the Destroyer armor was when Thor was inhabiting it and laying siege to Hela's domain to get her to restore his body. That was pretty badass. The only people who I think could control the armor without being controlled by it would be people like Storm, Captain America, Iron Fist and such.
    Zaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zaiyan

The destroyer is built to protect the soul of the person wearing the armor making them invincible to damage. Ultron is not Spiritual, He's a Machine. A very deadly machine but one without a soul

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.