Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Who Could Beat Him?

• 153 results
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By castleking
    Cygnus2II2 said:
    "Yes, the writing may be bad, but it can't be denied that it happened. Rulk kicked Thor's tail from Earth to the moon."
    i know that is the worst part...... now ppl will use it as evidence of thor battle, strength skill and underestimate him like they are doing now...
    Villelater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Villelater
    castleking said:
    "ok  thor can sent him away or disintergrate him with a though he posses all the power of his father plus his own.... he is high lvl sky father i even dare say the highest... the only think hulk does have is strength.. against a cosmic lvl being that can do so much more to him he be lucky if thor is in a good mode to face him in just brute strength any other way hulk dies horribly.."
    Cosmic beings are talking about Hulk...and dude your being quite Biased right now
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#53  Edited By Nighthunter
    caption
    caption
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#54  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Nighthunter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    No...not at all.
    Villelater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Villelater

Who Could Beat Him?

thats the Topic not who Will beat him
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Nighthunter
    Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    No...not at all."
    So following your reasoning, Victor Von Doom can beat Thor but not someone who is stronger, faster, someone who has more powers, someone who has lost his vulnerability to magic and that even when he had he beat Captain Marvel who has the power of 7 gods, a weaker version of him beat an Angel (which in DC are above Thor's power levels)

Ever since his return and his "power up" I've been waiting for Thor to do something that supports the claims of his apparent powerlevels, nothing so far
    Cygnus2II2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Cygnus2II2

Maybe, Thor can take the Hulk or the Rulk. I sure do enjoy when all powerful cosmic god gets pounded.  Those kind of characters are not really enjoyable if no one has a chance of defeating them.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By castleking
    Joey-isa-sk8er said:
    "Name Anyone From Any Universe That Can Beat Thor.....If Anyone Can Beat Him"
    it's who "can"  not who "may"  beat him
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Nighthunter said:
    So following your reasoning, Victor Von Doom can beat Thor but not someone who is stronger, faster, someone who has more powers, someone who has lost his vulnerability to magic and that even when he had he beat Captain Marvel who has the power of 7 gods, a weaker version of him beat an Angel (which in DC are above Thor's power levels)

Ever since his return and his "power up" I've been waiting for Thor to do something that supports the claims of his apparent powerlevels, nothing so far"
    Victor Von Doom with prep could beat Superman too.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Nighthunter
    Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:

Ever since his return and his "power up" I've been waiting for Thor to do something that supports the claims of his apparent powerlevels, nothing so far"
    Victor Von Doom with prep could beat Superman too."
    If Superman moves at his speed no matter what Doom has planned he won't be able to use it

you haven't said why Superman can't beat Thor
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By castleking
    Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    No...not at all."

yeah i didnt agree with his list either but didnt want say anything. i dont think any regular supe like character can take him down...... just prime
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:

If Superman moves at his speed no matter what Doom has planned he won't be able to use it

you haven't said why Superman can't beat Thor"
    I doesn't matter how fast Superman moves.Doom has been able to hit people who can go FTL before they could re-act.
    Thor and Superman are comparable in every category...the difference is Superman has exploitable weaknesses and Thor doesn't.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Nighthunter
    castleking said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    No...not at all."

yeah i didnt agree with his list either but didnt want say anything. i dont think any regular supe like character can take him down...... just prime"
    Superman, Kingdom Come Superman, Kal Kent and Prime Superman can too

Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:

I doesn't matter how fast Superman moves.Doom has been able to hit people who can go FTL before they could re-act.
    Thor and Superman are comparable in every category...the difference is Superman has exploitable weaknesses and Thor doesn't.
    "

Superman is way above the speed of light...

on top of that his reaction time is quite fast

What weaknesses?

Kryptonite-Removed

Magic-Taken care off (although it was never a weakness)

Red Light-Thor can't use that

I don't see them comparable

Hercules is stronger than Thor, I remember reading in one comic Superman beating Hercules and Atlas with one hand each

The fastest Thor has ever gone is 3 times the speed of light, Superman has moved way above that in the past

The only comparable things are the long range attacks
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By castleking

are you series are you talking about regular supes or prime? and do you read marvel cause alot of your points are wrong

i meant regular lvl type supes like captain marvel or clark kent... i dont believe kingdom supe has a chance either... but the rest can and will take him down

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Nighthunter said:
    "castleking said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    No...not at all."

yeah i didnt agree with his list either but didnt want say anything. i dont think any regular supe like character can take him down...... just prime"

Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:

"

What weaknesses?

Kryptonite-Removed

Hercules is stronger than Thor, I remember reading in one comic Superman beating Hercules and Atlas with one hand each

The fastest Thor has ever gone is 3 times the speed of light, Superman has moved way above that in the past

The only comparable things are the long range attacks"
    Superman and everyone like him is weak to losing the energy he gathers from being under our sun.
    Hercules isn't stronger than Thor
    It doesn't matter what Thor or Superman's top speed is because eve at their best neither of them use it very much
    Superman's ranged attacks are in no way comparable to Thor's
    Oh and current Superman has no immunity to transmutation
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Nighthunter
    "are you series are you talking about regular supes or prime? and do you read marvel cause alot of your points are wrong"
    To put it easier to understand:

All Stars Superman
    All Stars Superman
    Regular Superman
    Regular Superman
    Kingdom Come Superman
    Kingdom Come Superman
    Superman Prime

Kal Kent
    Kal Kent

Prime Superman (no photo available)

Yeah I read both companies and I don't see any point wrong

Thor has stated that Hercules is stronger than him and a better fighter

I've never seen Thor go faster than 3 times the speed of light, no one has mentioned a better feat than that in that department

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AtPhantom

I'm just curious as to when has Thor used transmutation? without possession of OF of course.

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By castleking

he reversed loki's magic spell when he turned new york in to golden statues..

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Nighthunter
    Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "castleking said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    No...not at all."

Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:

"

What weaknesses?

Kryptonite-Removed

Superman and everyone like him is weak to losing the energy he gathers from being under our sun.
    It doesn't matter what Thor or Superman's top speed is because eve at their best neither of them use it very much
    "
    1. And how will that help Thor?
    2. Yes he is, Thor said it himself
    3. Thor doesn't use it but Superman usually uses it against powerhouses on his level
    4. Superman fried the JLA headquarters using his heatvision alone from the Earth. When he left loose his heat vision, scientists couldn't determine how warm they were, it was off the charts to them. Scientifics have determined the heat of the core of the Earth and also (I believe but not sure) the warm of a sun. That's only talking about his heat vision, he also has his artic breath
    5. Yes he is, Zatanna taught him to prevent transmutation and also middle level spells from affecting him. While Phantom Stranger gave him a protection against magic so that even the most powerful magic attacks were really decreased in power
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By castleking

and all those enhancements where temporary and he was not good enough  to stop transmution maybe resist low lvl but not actual powerful being otherwise he wouldnt have gone to zantannas cousin for some help against a magic user that was tearin him apart and he didnt even look that powerful.............. also he was also turned into a puppet by a magician.. after stranger had given him his supposed protection which i believe was a one time deal for his battle in the issue

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Nighthunter
    castleking said:
    "and all those enhancements where temporary and he was not good enough  to stop transmution maybe resist low lvl but not actual powerful being otherwise he wouldnt have gone to zantannas cousin for some help against a magic user that was tearin him apart and he didnt even look that powerful.............. also he was also turned into a puppet by a magician.. after stranger had given him his supposed protection which i believe was a one time deal for his battle in the issue"
    it's permanent, him being turned into a puppet was before he was given the protection.

That arc where Superman goes to ask Zatara for help was designed to make Krypto look like a badass. Krypto beating the guy that Superman couldn't is pure bullsh!t.

You do know who Atlas is right? Of course he is powerful
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By castleking

yes, i know but what i meant is he wasnt a real actual mystic user of high caliber like someone like thor strange or doom...

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Nighthunter
    castleking said:
    "yes, i know but what i meant is he wasnt a real actual mystic user of high caliber like someone like thor strange or doom..."
    Superman was vulnerable to transmutation before

He isn't now

Worth to point out, Superman beat Imperiex, who is DC's Galactus
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "castleking said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    No...not at all."

Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:

"

What weaknesses?

Kryptonite-Removed

"
    3. Thor doesn't use it but Superman usually uses it against powerhouses on his level
    4. Superman fried the JLA headquarters using his heatvision alone from the Earth. When he left loose his heat vision, scientists couldn't determine how warm they were, it was off the charts to them. Scientifics have determined the heat of the core of the Earth and also (I believe but not sure) the warm of a sun. That's only talking about his heat vision, he also has his artic breath
    5. Yes he is, Zatanna taught him to prevent transmutation and also middle level spells from affecting him. While Phantom Stranger gave him a protection against magic so that even the most powerful magic attacks were really decreased in power
    "
    1.I guess people seem to forget this but Thor could leech that energy.
    2.Thor lied I can show you a scan that proves Thor is stronger
    3.Actually he doesn't all the time..I have seen Superman fight people who are comparable and strength and other powers and not use his speed.
    4.That's it?
    5.I could have sworn he only had immunity to magic..if his resistance is a magical effect though Thor can reverse it.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By castleking

not really since ppl like marvel has done the same thing........ i figured it was  just the same... supe has no real skill  or protection against high magic users period

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By AtPhantom
    Vance Astro said:
    ".Thor lied I can show you a scan that proves Thor is stronger
    lol.
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By AtPhantom
    castleking said:
    "not really since ppl like marvel has done the same thing........ i figured it was  just the same... supe has no real skill  or protection against high magic users period"
    Done what? Hurt him with magic? Apart from calling down his lightning, no.
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By castleking
    Nighthunter said:
    "castleking said:
    "yes, i know but what i meant is he wasnt a real actual mystic user of high caliber like someone like thor strange or doom..."

He isn't now

Worth to point out, Superman beat Imperiex, who is DC's Galactus"
    are you serious you want compare imperiex to galactus........ really need read some old school comics man galactus is an abstract hell he has no body what you see is an M body by another entity he is basically an avatar........ i really dont know what to say to your comment ..........
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AtPhantom
    castleking said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "castleking said:

He isn't now

are you serious you want compare imperiex to galactus........ really need read some old school comics man galactus is an abstract hell he has no body what you see is an M body by another entity he is basically an avatar........ i really dont know what to say to your comment .........."
    No, Galactus is semi abstract, just like Imperiex and Anti-Monitor. He clearly has a body, since he has clearly been hurt before, And it is said his armor helps him regulate his internal energies. Why would an abstract need armor?
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By castleking

i dont know maybe cause it was explianed in an old quasar comic....... and during the infinity war when magus made a deal with the m abstract for dopplegangers

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Nighthunter
    Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "castleking said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "
    caption
    caption
    "
    No...not at all."

Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "Vance Astro said:
    "Nighthunter said:

"

What weaknesses?

Kryptonite-Removed

"
    "
    1.I guess people seem to forget this but Thor could leech that energy.
    2.Thor lied I can show you a scan that proves Thor is stronger
    3.Actually he doesn't all the time..I have seen Superman fight people who are comparable and strength and other powers and not use his speed.
    4.That's it?
    5.I could have sworn he only had immunity to magic..if his resistance is a magical effect though Thor can reverse it.
    "
    1. How? Even so he still has energy on his cells, he still can go to another sun to charge
    2. Sure.....
    3. I didn't say always but he usually does, the only times that he doesn't is basically to keep the plot going.
    4. What does Thor have? His lightning is powerful but many have taken it, Hulk did it, even cap' shield has been able to take the hit.
    5. Not if the guy who is powering the defense is more powerful than him. Before you say it Phantom Stranger>Thor
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Nighthunter
    castleking said:
    "not really since ppl like marvel has done the same thing........ i figured it was  just the same... supe has no real skill  or protection against high magic users period"
    Captain Marvel has the power of 7 gods, not a fair comparison to Thor

The protection is recent, it came after Infinite Crisis
    AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By AtPhantom
    castleking said:
    "i dont know maybe cause it was explianed in an old quasar comic....... and during the infinity war when magus made a deal with the m abstract for dopplegangers"
    All I know, it was said that Galactus appears different to every race because they cannot grasp his true image, which makes him semi abstract. but if you look at the forty years of history, it is clear that Galactus is a corporeal being, and that there is a great difference between him and being such as say Eternity.
    Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Nighthunter
    castleking said:
    "Nighthunter said:
    "castleking said:

He isn't now

are you serious you want compare imperiex to galactus........ really need read some old school comics man galactus is an abstract hell he has no body what you see is an M body by another entity he is basically an avatar........ i really dont know what to say to your comment .........."
    Considering even Darkseid who is the most powerful "god" in DC was afraid to face him, yeah. Superman needed extra equipment just to hit Imperiex (note it didn't enhance him in any way, just helped him make contact)
    Graft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#85  Edited By Graft

Bad writing > Thor

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By King_Saturn
    Entropy
    Entropy
    castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By castleking
    Joey-isa-sk8er said:
    sure a$$ hell aint hulk
    Villelater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Villelater
    castleking said:
    "Joey-isa-sk8er said:
    sure a$$ hell aint hulk"
    caption
    caption
    Cygnus2II2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Cygnus2II2
    caption
    caption
    Thunder God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Thunder God

I say that maybe DC Captain Marvel. Well that might be tie

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By The_Scourge
    caption
    caption
    Kyriakos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#92  Edited By Kyriakos

I think Sentry and Silver Surfer might do the job.

Nitric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Nitric

Could Nova with the entire Nova Force at full power and WorldMind backing him up stand a chance?

speedlgt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By speedlgt

Well seeing as how batman killed darkseed I dont see why he cant beat thor!

I have always wanted to see thor vs wolverine dont know why!

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By King_Saturn
    Abraxas would kill Thor
    The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By The_Scourge
    Captain Marvel
    hulkinup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hulkinup

Thanos

Dark King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#98  Edited By Dark King
    speedlgt said:
    "Well seeing as how batman killed darkseed I dont see why he cant beat thor!

I have always wanted to see thor vs wolverine dont know why!"
    well king thor lost his arm to wolverine before he was incinerated with the odin/rune power.
    Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Chaos Prime

Exitar

No Caption Provided

loveNwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By loveNwar

The Molecule Man should have no trouble doing it.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.