Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

Who can Thor beat that THE HULK can't?

Avatar image for sophisticated_ignorance
    Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is there anyone?

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually quite many. Hulk's physical strength is huge, but against cosmic beings it isn't that effective.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would say Mangog is one. Mangog usually exist at a high enough strength level he would manhandle the Hulk who is vulnerable to physical attacks that are high enough. Thor can only beat him using his other powers. An alien warship in Earth's orbit is another. Hulk would not be able to reach it. Mephisto is probable another. Mephisto is usually beyond the physical and Thor has only defeated the hell lord in the past thanks to his own purity of soul. Thor has defeated the Silver Surfer in the past in direct combat. Hulk's only victory was against a severely weakened Surfer.

Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: When has Thor beaten Mangog when hes not amped? An alien warship in earths orbit Hulk has jumped into space from Earth on panel. Thors soul may have been pure but how is that a victory I thought that was surfer anyways

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hulk.

Because Hulk can't beat himself...

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7: He beat Maestro who is Hulk

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@seekquaze: When has Thor beaten Mangog when hes not amped? An alien warship in earths orbit Hulk has jumped into space from Earth on panel. Thors soul may have been pure but how is that a victory I thought that was surfer anyways

Thor bfr removed Mangog one time thought I admit he had helped. During Jurgen's run. I know he had some magic armor that helped him fight Thanos, but I thought his battle with Thanos and Mangog destroyed all of that. He would have lost to Mangog except he shoved Mjonlir down the beast's throat and let loose an energy blast. Mangog is virtually invincible on the outside, but was vulnerable on the inside.

Thor has fought Mephisto several times with mixed results depending on how powerful Mephisto is being portrayed in the story. Thor once buried Mephisto under a combination of rock and lava while in Mehisto's own realm. Another time it was a draw. A third had Mephisto try pulling the same trick he did on Surfer one time by swallowing them to contain the person within Mephisto's own body. The Surfer escaped due to purity of spirit. Thor escaped because of his indomitable will. I probable mixed the two up since Mephisto is often going on about how noble Thor is and that is one reason he is one of Mephisto's key targets. I would count it as a victory because it is a way of defeating Mephisto. On a good day, Mephisto cannot be defeated through brute force. Thor can defeat Mephisto on a spiritual level Surfer cannot. Both Thor and Surfer have their souls within a body which ironically protects Mephisto from their purity. When the body is removed and only pure soul the goodness of Surfer at least is too much for Mephisto to handle. Surfer tends to lose in straight physical contests against Mephisto, but for Mephisto the battle that truly matters is a spiritual one that both Thor and Surfer have Mephisto beat on.

For the alien warship, Hulk jumps into space and then what? You would have to hope the Hulk has enough force to destroy the ship because he won't be getting a second chance if he jumps beyond Earth's gravity. He will float there unless he gets a rocket pack and then has to hope said warship does not open fire upon him. And how far can the Hulk jump? What if the war ship is in orbit as far away as the moon? That is over 200,000 miles. I know Rhulk once did it. Is that standard? And even if the Hulk can jump that far you still have the same problem of can the Hulk destroy it in one shot? Thor has the advantage he can fly, strike multiple times, and defend himself if need be.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: He could most likely destroy the ship in one hit if not hed land in it.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By THORSON

silver surfer, galactus, thanos, surtur, loki, 1000 frost giants, iceman, superman, green lantern

namor, celestial, the forgotten one, 3000 skrulls, odin, bor, enhantress, scarlet witch, martian manhunter, wonderwomen, sentry, ghost rider, mephisto, apocolypse, midgard serpent, guardians of the galaxy.

thor can survive in space and underwater. Hulk cannot

hulk eventraully will revert back to a powerless human. take thor hammer away and THOR would still pawn

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By seekquaze

@kgb725 said:

@seekquaze: He could most likely destroy the ship in one hit if not hed land in it.

And if it had an energy shield? And what prevents the ship from using its weapons to blast him off? And if there are two ships?

Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: I'm smelling abit of bias.This thread is about REGULAR/Current Thor and Thor would get stomped by atleast a quarter of the people you mentioned for sure.

Oh and I don't know where you've been but Hulk CAN survive Underwater/In Space.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: I'm smelling abit of bias.This thread is about REGULAR/Current Thor and Thor would get stomped by atleast a quarter of the people you mentioned for sure.

Oh and I don't know where you've been but Hulk CAN survive Underwater/In Space.

I'm aware. but give or take, depending on the story, THOR could win. Hulk wouldn't stand a chance.

Glarinetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: Yup, Thor has potential beat them all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver surfer.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: If there 2 ships ? Really your question was what if there was an alien ship not two which Hulk would most likely go through

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THORSON
    seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@seekquaze: If there 2 ships ? Really your question was what if there was an alien ship not two which Hulk would most likely go through

All of those are possible scenarios and why Hulk is ill-suited to fighting in space. Space ships in Marvel are a lot like ninjas. How dangerous they are depends heavily on the story. The Kang Dynasty story had Kang's ship be impervious to Thor. Yet Secret Invasion had Thor and a few others take out the Skrull fleet with ease.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seekquaze: Hes ill equipped fighting in space ? You brought up Earth. Also saying there are two ships doesnt make sense when you said there was only one.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725 said:

@seekquaze: Hes ill equipped fighting in space ? You brought up Earth. Also saying there are two ships doesnt make sense when you said there was only one.

When did I bring up Earth? The original post was who can Thor beat that Hulk cannot. Anything space related is something hulk is going to have trouble with if not be unable to defeat because he is ill equipped to fight in space. He has no long distance attacks. He cannot teleport. He cannot fly. The best he can do is leap and hope he can get in distance of and destroy an alien ship in one blow. And given an alien ship could potentially blast him out of the way or withstand his attack his chances of beating one are far slimier than Thor.

SkyRobo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Galactus

Glory

And all versions of Thor beyond Modern.

Nickgreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor himself can't beat the Hulk unless you thor fanboys use the lame excuse" holding back ".

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
    ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickgreen: he already has. Fear itself. Look it up. AND Hulk was amped. Sorry........

To the earlier post: Thor defeated mangog without being amped. However he did it, he still won. And I believe we mean "enhanced" in the case of weapons and armors in the Thanos tale. Thor himself was at normal power not amped at all if I remember correctly. That's why Odin gave him extra magic weapons to protect Thor from a really amped Thanos. He just had more gear to aid his already immense durability and he did beat an amped Thanos at the end with only his own power as the weaponry failed at the end. The recorder sacrificed himself to help too. But it was really more to give Thor a moment to gather his second wind.

Sophisticated_Ignorance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor himself can't beat the Hulk unless you thor fanboys use the lame excuse" holding back ".

Too bad Thor has beaten The Hulk on several occasions actually....

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Silver Surfer

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Silver Surfer.

Silver Surfer has beaten Hulk more often than vice versa, whereas Thor often beats Surfer.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess anyone who is powerful enough (i.e. Silver Surfer) with speed and various energy-based powers/attacks. Hulk has been shown to do well against speedy opponents but where I think Hulk would struggle is against characters who can manipulate energy and attack from a distance. Where Hulk thrives obviously is in close-quarter combat.

I think Silver Surfer, personally, is more powerful overall than both Thor and Hulk (at least historically he's been portrayed as such). But he was always paired more often as an opponent to Thor because they both have multiple energy-based attacks and powers. Whereas the Thor/Hulk debate centered on "who's stronger" the Surfer/Thor debate centered on "who is more powerful."

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.