Who can Match Thor Physically(Besides Superman)?

#1 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

I read the JLA/AVENGERS and Superman was giving him trouble so he's excluded.

But which character from any comic book universe is either on par, or matches Thor's Physical Strength.

Also this is Earth 616 Thor.

Got any names?

#2 Posted by Galactic_Man (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm... I think maybe Omni Man from Invincible.

#3 Posted by Aeroman (505 posts) - - Show Bio

should we count marvel characters in this?

#4 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

I read the JLA/AVENGERS and Superman was giving him trouble so he's excluded.

But which character from any comic book universe is either on par, or matches Thor's Physical Strength.

Also this is Earth 616 Thor.

Got any names?

that crossover wasn't cannon

in terms of strength hulk is the obvious answer, but beta ray bill, SS, Sentry are notable mentions even though he's bested some of those

#5 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@samuel_larson_10: It's actually one of the very few crossovers that is canon. Look it up.

#6 Posted by SC (13148 posts) - - Show Bio

JLA/AVENGERS isn't canon to Marvel, but supposedly it is canon to DC as far as some of their characters have mentioned it. My source for why its not canon in Marvel is Tom Brevoort and a few Marvel Handbook writers.  

#7 Edited by Galactic_Man (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, both Thor and Superman were pretty much on par with each other in JLA Avengers - unfortunately comic books always need a winner, much like Avengers vs X-Men - Thor kept getting his ass kicked because of that same reason... It doesn't matter I guess, but if they did a crossover with Current Thor and Pre New 52 Superman, then the outcome would definitely be 50/50.

#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC:i supsoe its not cannon to DC now since they rebooted they universe but was it cannon for DC?

#9 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: Of course Marvel said it's Non-Canon because they can't stand the idea of theirs superhero getting his ass kicked by another comic book company's character.

#10 Posted by SC (13148 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoyHarperBLOW said:

@SC: Of course Marvel said it's Non-Canon because they can't stand the idea of theirs superhero getting his ass kicked by another comic book company's character.

Yes exactly, a business acts and behaves exactly like a emotionally unstable petty fanboy who validates their life by the outcomes of fictional comic book battles. Thats what motivates what they consider canon or not. Who cares about sincerity with fans discussing what is what is, lets just make up what we want.  =D 

@Z3RO180 said:

@SC:i supsoe its not cannon to DC now since they rebooted they universe but was it cannon for DC?

Not that I heard from any official DC sources off my head, but people I trust have told me it is.   
#11 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Icon, Sentry, Wonder Woman, Hulk. I'm sure others could put up a fight too, but these came to mind first.

#12 Posted by Z3RO180 (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

@SC: well it was cannon thats good enough for me

#13 Edited by Galactic_Man (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoyHarperBLOW said:

Actually nobody got their asses kicked, the battles were fairly played - but Marvel Universe got owned by Superman down-talking their crappy planet, lol.

#14 Posted by RoyHarperBLOW (1495 posts) - - Show Bio

@Galactic_Man: I read that part too. Their Planet is small. Has no Urban Growth, People hate Mutants, their heratbeat is to fast etc.

#15 Posted by Galactic_Man (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Their planet is small and kinda crappy because they don't have additional cities like DC - obviously, because Mr Nuff said wants the Marvel Universe to be based on the "real world"... There's nothing too wrong with that...

#16 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1334 posts) - - Show Bio

Would hyperion count?

#17 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

In terms of Raw Strength-

Hulk, Sentry, WonderWoman, CaptainMarvel (Lord Marvel is Stronger)or BlackAdam, Hyperion, WonderMan...Many others else.

In terms of Power(Magic and Energy Projection)-

Sentry, CaptainMarvel, LordMarvel, Ironman(Thor-Buster Armor) , SilverSurfer...Many other else

Actually what makes Thor so well-known isn't his strength or power ; it's the Viking Mythology and M'jonir

#18 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

@GodDamnIronMan: Does that count Carol Danvers or only Mar-Vell?

#19 Posted by GodDamnIronMan (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: yupe

#20 Posted by TheSwordsman (1954 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules

Blue Marvel

Gladiator

Magni (his son and the god of strength)

Icon

Destroyer armor

Classic Juggernaut

Hulk

Mon-el

Validus

Ultra boy

Several more.

#21 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Galactic_Man said:

Their planet is small and kinda crappy because they don't have additional cities like DC - obviously, because Mr Nuff said wants the Marvel Universe to be based on the "real world"... There's nothing too wrong with that...

I actually like the fact that most heroes live in real cities, and while DC is more ideal, if we did have heroes the world would resemble the marvel universe as far as treating them goes. It makes zero sense to worship superman as some kind of God and not as a nuke

#22 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio
  1. Black Adam
  2. Captain Marvel
  3. Orion
  4. Maxima
  5. Hulk
  6. Hercules
  7. Gladiator
  8. Sentry?
  9. Magni
  10. King Hyperion
  11. Maestro
  12. General Zod
  13. Captain Natzi
  14. Sodam Yat
  15. Beta Ray Bill
  16. Martian Manhunter
  17. Lobo
  18. Wonder Woman
  19. Bizarro
  20. Maul?
#23 Edited by PowerHerc (84340 posts) - - Show Bio

In a strictly physical sense Gilgamesh and Hyperion are nearly matches for Thor, Beta Ray Bill is equal to Thor and Hercules is slightly superior to Thor.

#24 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
  • black adam
  • hulk
  • gladiator
  • Hercules
  • sentry

#25 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

• black adam
  • hulk
  • gladiator
  • Hercules
  • sentry

You don't think Captain Marvel or other's too?

@PowerHerc said:

In a strictly physical sense Gilgamesh and Hyperion are nearly matches for Thor, Beta Ray Bill is equal to Thor and Hercules is a slightly superior to Thor.

I don't remember Hyperion being a physical match for Thor.

#26 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant: i do, but i was kind of too lazy :)

#27 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull said:

@jeanroygrant: i do, but i was kind of too lazy :)

LOL oh :D

#28 Posted by PowerHerc (84340 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@PowerHerc said:

In a strictly physical sense Gilgamesh and Hyperion are nearly matches for Thor, Beta Ray Bill is equal to Thor and Hercules is a slightly superior to Thor.

Hyperion was a physical match for Thor in his first appearance as a member of the Squadron Sinister and he was shown to be a match for Thor again in the most recent Busiek/Perez run on the Avengers in the late 1990's.

#29 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@PowerHerc said:

Hyperion was a physical match for Thor in his first appearance as a member of the Squadron Sinister and he was shown to be a match for Thor again in the most recent Busiek/Perez run on the Avengers in the late 1990's.

Never knew lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.