Where Should Thor Be On The Food Chain At Marvel?

#1 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

I see so many threads asking, "Why does Marvel hate Thor?". "Has Thor been de-powered?". "Why has Marvel made Thor such a jobber?".

You get the idea. I've seen numerous such threads here as well as elsewhere. It's obvious a lot of Thor fans believe he is not where he should be in power.

What do you think? Has he been de-powered? And if so, where would you like to see Thor in terms of power in the Marvel universe?

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (82612 posts) - - Show Bio

I've stated it before and I now state it again:

Though I feel the Hulk and Hercules are both slightly stronger than him, Thor is and should always be the all-around most powerful Marvel superhero.

More powerful than Phoenix (though this one is close), the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, the Sentry and any other Marvel superhero. That's how I feel about it.

#3 Edited by Sinfulplayerx (193 posts) - - Show Bio

When I hear the name Thor. I can almost hear someone saying.... "I present to you............ Marvels Ultimate Warrior............ The Heroic Nordic.............. The Big Gun with the Big Hammer......... The Mighty Thor." -------------------> ( However I think the 2 words "Mighty" and "Warrior" fit him best). You had me at "Have at thee".

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6426 posts) - - Show Bio

averege Thor fans - THOR SHOULD BE BEST MARVEL HATES WIN HES A JOBBER (WTF does that even mean ?) I HATE MARVEL

Me - As long as the story is great/awesome i really could not care.

#5 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I've stated it before and I now state it again:

Though I feel the Hulk and Hercules are both slightly stronger than him, Thor is and should always be the all-around most powerful Marvel superhero.

More powerful than Phoenix (though this one is close), the Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, the Sentry and any other Marvel superhero. That's how I feel about it.

Couldn't agree more, Hercules should be the earthbound champion whereas Thor is the cosmic defense.

#6 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor should be Marvel's Superman

#7 Posted by SoA (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

i give like no respect to thor because of him being treated like a chump , but i agree with these statements , thor should be a force to be reckoned with . what everyone sees in thor i see in beta ray bill , a tough as nails immortal warrior who will take on anybody @Hoarderofhilarity said:

Couldn't agree more, Hercules should be the earthbound champion whereas Thor is the cosmic defense.

that sounds good , except i do not want him being traded for BRB in the annihilators but i see your point

#8 Posted by THORSON (2344 posts) - - Show Bio

thor should be top of marvels food chain.

not saying he should win every fight, but they should stop making him look weak and powerless.

#9 Posted by Fifthchild (596 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Thor should be about where he is now in terms of power. He just has to stop getting chumped so often.

#10 Posted by Hoarderofhilarity (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I feel they play upon the immortal warrior holding back against mortal's card way too often, you just can't have a guy get punked by bricks like hulk and then have him muster what could quite possibly be a multi-planet busting attack to actually hurt a skyfather level character. Even seeing him fight evenly with surfer then having him on a team I think he should be used on a more cosmic scale since it makes no sense him letting himself get knocked around by people who he could annihilate with his fists out of a misguided sense of honour.

#11 Edited by gou10t (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor made Galactus feel pain. impressive but not that impressive. The best Thor could do was make Galactus feel something, because to Galactus, Thor or any skyfather is an ant.

Planet busting attacks are common for Thor, Hercules, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Gladiator, Sentry, etc.

These are the Supermen of the Marvel universe.

The top powerhouses- 100 class strength/- subcategory: Heavy tank-WMD (Weapon of Mass Destruction).

These guys can easily generate the power necessary to cause a point 10 earthquake (63 exajoules or 15 gigatons of TNT) rupturing the planet's fault lines or strike hard enough to destroy the earth entirely.

#12 Posted by Kellar21 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

@gout10t

agreed,his weather and magical energy powers were also strong enough to hurt and defeat Glory,an amalgaman of several pantheons from the universe.

If you go more back he could damage a celestial's armor.

#13 Posted by cmartin (345 posts) - - Show Bio

he should be stronger than hulk and herc, as he was created to be and used to be...

#14 Posted by Pyrogram (36304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kellar21 said:

@gout10t

agreed,his weather and magical energy powers were also strong enough to hurt and defeat Glory,an amalgaman of several pantheons from the universe.

If you go more back he could damage a celestial's armor.

those days when Thor as OP to damage a celestial, the glory days :(

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.