Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

When was the last time that character appeared?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Asgaard

Since Asgard has so many characters that are portrayed in different marvel comic books, this thread objective is to keep us fans of Thor and Asgard updated about when was the last time that character appeared... This are my initial picks, you guys can post or ask for other less known Asgardian characters and update and correct all the data...probably some of my post data it's already outdated...

Sif (Thor issue 5 February 11 2015)

No Caption Provided

Cul (Thor issue 5 February 11 2015)

No Caption Provided

Gaea and Idunn (Loki Agent of Asgard issue 5 June 04 2014 and mentioned in Thor God of Thunder issue 24 July 02 2014)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Balder the Brave (died in Thor issue 619 January 19 2011 and appeared in The Mighty Thor issue 22 October 31 2012)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Tyr (died in Thor issue 619 January 19 2011 along with Balder Pic Above and appeared in Angela Asgard's Assassin issue 3 February 04 2015)

No Caption Provided

Valkyrie (Shield issue 1 December 31 2014)

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Amora the Enchantress (Loki Agent of Asgard issue 9 December 24 2014)

No Caption Provided

Lorelei and Sigurd (Loki Agent of Asgard issue 9 December 24 2014)

No Caption Provided

Beta Ray Bill (Nova issue 16 April 16 2014)

No Caption Provided

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. Could definitely come in handy for those of us who don't regularly read more than a couple of titles each month.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nice

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Asgaard

@z3ro180: So the new dance will be, what Asgardian character is constantly forgotten by Marvel in the Asgardian current books? Read this thread O.P....

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: well played sir and the answer is Baulder

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Asgaard

@z3ro180 said:

@asgaard: well played sir and the answer is Baulder

Agree... 100%... I will bet that Balder the Brave that currently is in the Valhalla and his last last appearance was in The Mighty Thor issue 22 (October 31 2012), will appear in Angela's current book... You have to start reading AAA...

No Caption Provided

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Angela goes to Hel? Bring it on... \m/

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Never read Fear Itself - The Fearless, with Val, it's good? There are many Asgardian cameos? Saw an issue of that series with Amora...

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"That's a messed up family tree."

Why are Marvel's writers hell bent on turning the House of Odin into an episode of Melrose Place? "Humanizing" extra-dimensional gods is just ridiculous.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Asgaard

@haveatthee said:

"That's a messed up family tree."

Why are Marvel's writers hell bent on turning the House of Odin into an episode of Melrose Place? "Humanizing" extra-dimensional gods is just ridiculous.

No Caption Provided

This is like the current Asgardian Royal family looks like, in current writing Tyr is systematically forgotten as Odin son, and i don't even remember when was the last time that i saw Vidar in a comic book...

As long time Thor reader i understand you statement but Kieron Gillen in Angela book really makes you feel that you are reading about Gods, Demons and Angels the fantastic element is definitely there.... but marvel after Angela, should stabilize the Asgardian family, if not...some day will have Fury as the All father and Roz as the heir to the throne...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I don't think he is dead, the last issue I remember seeing him in was the last issue of the mighty thor done by fraction so unless he was in another comic that I have t seen and died in that I'm almost certin he is alive.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Balder and Tyr died in Thor issue 619 (January 19 2011) already written by Matt Fraction, when he appeared in the The Mighty Thor issue 22 along with Kelda and Bill, he escape the limbo tasks and Valhalla to help Thor from the doom ring, but never was resurrected as far as i know...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By antithetical

@asgaard said:

@antithetical: Never read Fear Itself - The Fearless, with Val, it's good? There are many Asgardian cameos? Saw an issue of that series with Amora...

There aren't many cameos at all, Amora yes, and Odin is actually the only other one I can think of, but in my opinion it's one of the best arcs featuring Val that I've read.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bor (New Mutants Vol 3 issue #43 May 30, 2012)

No Caption Provided

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

No Caption Provided

That was during the New Mutants / Journey Into Mystery crossover, right?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

No Caption Provided

That was during the New Mutants / Journey Into Mystery crossover, right?

Yup when Loki free the Disir from Bor's curse, loved how Gillen also use this previous plot in Angela AA...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I really need to pick up the second volume of Gillen's run on JIM, just finished the first volume about a week ago.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: I really need to pick up the second volume of Gillen's run on JIM, just finished the first volume about a week ago.

You really do, since you really like Hela, Gillen take on her and her connections to Loki were modern and fresh but still coherent and a good fit in Marvel Asgard's acknowledging the fact that this characters were adapted from the Norse Myths... I already bought Fear Itself The Fearless just have to wait for the delivery...

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was kelda resurrected? I know she died in The mighty Thor, but she has appeared in the two female Thor seriea

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Asgaard

@del_torro said:

When was kelda resurrected? I know she died in The mighty Thor, but she has appeared in the two female Thor seriea

If Aaron didn't resurrect her, she wasn't... And you should not be surprised that Aaron also ignored the The Mighty Thor #11, The Mighty Thor #12, Journey into Mystery #644, The Mighty Thor #22 events, since the whisper that is just the norm of his writing for the Pr...

I respect that you like Thor/Asgard current take, but i didn't read any Marvel comic since the beginning of 2015, so i just don't know how Aaron used Kelda or other characters, yes i was a big Thor/Asgard marvel comics fan, but Aaron destroyed the core of that comics that were a journey into the mystery of the Gods and Aaron knows that if not he would not write Gorr the God Butcher, he just went for fame exploring the shocking value, even if that meant the sacrifice of the worldbuilding and character development/construction over so many years, i have no intention to read Marvel comics again with Aaron still writing Thor/Asgard, so please (you or other users) don't bump threads so connected with myself till the day that a new writer is announced for Thor/Asgard. (Thanks)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.