Whats with Marvel killing Thor?

#1 Posted by RedAtom (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Recently it seems Thor has died in Fear Itself. not that i do not like Marvel making changes but i feel they are doing the whole "death of superman/return of superman" plot. Look at Captain America in Civl War, he gets shot, "dies" and gets someone else using his name with a different look, comes back like nothing happened witha new look, takes back his name and old costume... way to similar. And now im afraid their just going to do the same thing with Thor... I love Marvel but it feels like Deja Vu. i see him dead and think " hmm i wonder how many issues they'll wait before bringing him back with a spectacular reason of how he resurrected"

I hope im not the only one feeling this way?

#2 Posted by TheDarkSide (29 posts) - - Show Bio

I get what you're saying, but who would you prefer had died? It's usually a given that someone has to die in these major events...

#3 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio
this guy and he should Bendis with him when he died

@TheDarkSide said:

I get what you're saying, but who would you prefer had died? It's usually a given that someone has to die in these major events...

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: who is that guy ???????????/

#5 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: Joe Quesada

#6 Posted by iLLituracy (13522 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel hates you.

#7 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

Just read the Ultimates line. Dead means dead over there, for now at least.

#8 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7224 posts) - - Show Bio

well some1 had 2

#9 Posted by Z3RO180 (5943 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: is he the dude who killed thor >:l

#10 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5690 posts) - - Show Bio

I see what you're saying. I usually don't like it when comic book heroes are killed off and suddenly, they come back to life like nothing happened. Hopefully, Thor will come back to life, but I hope that the writers give a really good reason for bringing him back from the dead other than resurrect him for no reason.

#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24101 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180: He's the dude who started Marvel's current downward spiral

#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not dead. It was either an LMD or magic or time travel. That's always what it is.

#13 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- It was his turn to die and come back this month, Marvel had to get to him sooner or later

#14 Posted by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: whats LMD?

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Regas13 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: ahhhh gotcha

#17 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio
The reason Thor is dead.
#18 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

Did nobody read Fear Itself 7.2? Don't get upset about a death if it and their immediate return are part of the same storyline.

#19 Posted by luckydomino1 (491 posts) - - Show Bio

dont fret he will come bcak juct read the new issue that came out

#20 Posted by yumyumbubblegum (618 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001: God I feel sorry for Stuart Immonen. A great artist, made redundant by an over hyped writer and his "major event". He got it even worse than Olivier Coipel did, when Marvel decided to put Bendis in charge of Siege.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.