Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8586 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

what you wanna see in Thor movies?

• 72 results
    alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys so what I would like to see in a movie of Thor is him rising from all the chaos and saying something typical like ''…But I am a god, mortal! The god of thunder!'' and after that WAM!!! with his hammer and level a city or something.

So what would you like to see Thor to do in a movie?

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
    theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By theamazingbatman

I hate movie Thor .

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A very good film deserving of the title (and its titular character). If they're going to destroy Asgard in "Ragnarok" then the film must be worthy of the gravity its title suggests. Resolve the romance quickly with Foster. I'm assuming after "Age of Ultron" Thor is going to get a message from Heimdall calling him back to Asgard because of Loki's shenanigans and Surtur being free. So this third film should almost completely take place in Asgard and the other seven realms, not Midgard. The second Thor film was like a bromantic comedy as opposed to an action/adventure film.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Amora the Enchantress. Hubba hubba!

Avatar image for tearofthedragon
    TearoftheDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surtur, Jormagund; his goats; NO HUMANS!

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish thor movies focused on the actual magic of asgard. The odinforce, the gods. Not this technology crap. It just... doesn't make any sense. People that act like vikings and have technology far more advanced than ours? It doesn't fit Thor.

Also, a good movie. And please, no more humans.

Avatar image for spirit_of_the_comics
    Spirit_of_the_Comics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stan Lee cameo.

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, I'd love to see this line in AOU: "Ultron. We would have words with thee!"

Spykat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spykat
    Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

The real Thor. I have complete trust in Marvel after giving us Captain America and Guardians and somewhat fixing Agents of Shield. Hopefully they can fix Thor.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideysense44: I think they are trying to fix Thor. In the conference where they showed the upcoming movies that they want to do, they said that thing. That they wanted to do with Thor the same as the Russo brothers did to The Winter Soldier. Hope that's true, and we get to see none of darcy, jane and intern jokes, and to be more serious. I mean, I find the Thor comics very serious, maybe its just me, but the movies have way to much humor, or maybe not humor, but funny scenes which for me especially when the funny scenes are done by the interns, doesn't quite fit. And yeah, for example when malekith battles Thor, I would wanna see 'Man of steel' kind of fight and not one hit with mjolnir, 1 min with darcy and jane, Malekith punches Thor, another 1 min jane and darcy…

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@alexandru84: I Agree, when you think about it all of the Thor films could have been great without the human characters. We would have got more scenes developing Malekith, and more time in Asgard. Thor could be with Sif and we would have plenty more development for the Warriors Three. We wouldnt have that much comedy either, which isnt bad, but Thor films seem to overdue thanks to Darcy.

Man_Manly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For it to be a manly movie! None of this feminine or sensitive stuff! Just have Thor go out there and be the manliest man he can be, along with the manly Warriors Three!

DeeRock313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DeeRock313

I wanna see things get smashed on a grand scale. No earth unless it's getting ripped apart by thor and the villains godlike powers. And I wanna see odin kick some butt, and show Asgard why they kneel to him. And the godblast. And a conclusion to the Loki redemption arc. At this point they're just milking it. He has to either die for real, or be a good guy for real or both.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr gorr gorr

Greendevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Greendevil
    No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

the end

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THE VVRECKING CREVV!!!!!

Also.....

Amora. She's hot.

kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think the Thor movies are all that bad. They aren't as good as they could and should be, but they aren't bad movies. I have half a dozen little grievances, but the primary problem, the one I really want to see corrected going forward, is Thor being so vastly depowered.

I get that you need Thor to be less powerful than he has been in the comics, but he was really brought low, especially in Dark World. Thor should have smashed Kurse into paste without much trouble. Thor should have been the obvious victor in that fight, but as it turned out, Loki looked as if he was Thor's equal. And the final battle with Malekith, there was waaaaaaaaay too much super science from Jane and company, and not near enough thunderstorm/lightning/hammer combat badassery from Thor.

I want to see Thor's weather powers being utilized for more than rain/no rain gag bits, and I want to see Thor's hammer combat look faster, cleaner, and more precise, instead of just one slow, lumbering power shot after another.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Cap10nate

Much less of the humans. Especially Darcy. I think there should be the human element as it is a huge part of Thor but we don't need to waste time on Jane going on dates or spend more time showing the characters drop things through the portal than they did on the fight against Kurse. Use that time to develop the villain.

I would also like to see less sight gags during the fights. I enjoy humor when it is someone being witty or something subtle (like hanging up mjolnir) but sight gags during the fight to save the universe bother me like having their faces smear against the glass and other stupid stuff with Darcy.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kreg_penny: That's my thought as well. Cause when we look back at Thor fighting the frost giants one kinda wonders, why the heck didn't he just do the same thing afterward with everyone? There we kinda get the sense that Thor is able to level Jotunheim without any problem. And then in the avengers the battle with Loki on stark tower is like a normal fight, I mean two shattered glasses and nothing more.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Transformers1024

Less Natalie Portman and A LOT more of Jamie Alexander's Lady Sif.

kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wd40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1.Change main actor. More manly one. Current is girly. 2. Change Odins actor. 3. Hotter ladies in movie. 4. Brb. 5. Gorr. 6. Thor bangs Sif, Enchantress... 7. More "Vikingly" Asgard. 8. Movie not suitable for kids. 9. Really evil Loki, not this one. 10. Planet smashing... Need more?

Wolfus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wd40 said:

1.Change main actor. More manly one. Current is girly. 2. Change Odins actor. 3. Hotter ladies in movie. 4. Brb. 5. Gorr. 6. Thor bangs Sif, Enchantress... 7. More "Vikingly" Asgard. 8. Movie not suitable for kids. 9. Really evil Loki, not this one. 10. Planet smashing... Need more?

1- Seriously? 2- Eh... Maybe we need a tough guy as odin, indeed. 3- Mila kunis to complete natalie portman, am I right? Hahahahaha. 4- Spot on. 5- I'd pay for that. 6- Hehehehe.

7- That, now that is the main use. Tecnological asgard? The hell? You got a society with tecnology more advanced than our own, but their people talk and act like vikings? It just doesn't fit. I mean, it's like putting ketchup over my chocolate. I love both, but they're not a match. Asgard was supposed to be about vikings and misticism and magic.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think we can all agree that beta ray bill needs to appear on screen at some rate. also thor just need a chance to really flex his muscles and show why he's marvel's top dog. and I mean I want him to battle it out in one of the nine realms in jaw dropping action. let go of the side human characters

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amora, gorr, or Odin as the main bad guy.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kreg_penny:

The first Thor was a solid film. The Dark World was a giant, steaming pile of romantic-comedy crap. The script (by Yost) was a joke as well. It's almost as if they were trolling Thor and Asgard. The action scenes were so poorly choreographed and layed out. It really was a giant abortion, hence Kevin Feige's comment about wanting to give Thor: Ragnarok the "Cap 2" treatment and really try and make a grand film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Actual Frost Giants.

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you guys think they will put Jormungand in Thor Ragnarok? And if so? Do you guys think it will be the actual size that it is, or it will be like a Godzilla size monster, just so Thor would not be that super powerful being that would destroy a serpent the size of the earth?

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt they'll have the Midgard Serpent in the third installment. My guess is Surtur, and possibly Thanos (to retrieve the gauntlet).

kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By phisigmatau

good story and great strength and weather manip feats

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what I see, we all agree that we wanna see Thor as Thor The god of Thunder and not some pussy demigod surrounded by annoying interns!!

kreg_penny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kreg_penny

@alexandru84: haha, yup. I don't care that Thor has an entourage, and I don't care that they provide some comic relief. I just want -less- comic relief, and I want Thor to be the hero. I hate that he got so much assistance from Jane & Company in Darkworld. Thor is mighty enough to save the day all by himself in his own movies, no super science required.

Zarathos022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By Zarathos022

New enemies (Surtur, Ulik, etc.), More action, Thor not dying or getting depowered (Honestly, I don't get people's fascination with this.)

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Gaea and the introduction of other pantheons

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
    medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By medulaoblaganda

thor is too nerfed in is movies. is battle between him and hulk was too short. thor movies really need fixing. we want thor to summon lighting when he fights. rion man shouldn't have stalemated thor.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

MORE SIF (And a *lot* less Loki. Never understood what people liked about him).

Also Amora and Skurge would be awesome!

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Midgardgard Serpent should have already happened.

Batman-Hush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Batman-Hush

A good plot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9535a734784
    deactivated-5c9535a734784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Numerous things. Thor being and doing godly things that we see in comics. I want him to show super human strength and his other attributes. If he's on earth show him lifting a plane or something cool. And since we're getting Dr Strange and he's introducing magic show the firigging odinforce. No more of this techy rubbish from the second film. Also if Thor ever get's on a train ever again i will go ballistic. What point did that scene serve the film. Oh and a cool villain. Malaketih was underused it was criminal. Oh and one epic line. "FOR ASGARD". Followed by a insane hammer smash.

MrWednesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darcy and J. Foster die in the beginning of Thor Ragnarok.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierofel: Unfortunately Marvel is going with the goofy "magic is science" shtick for Dr. Strange as well. So according to the MCU, Thor is an alien and Dr. Strange is Scientist Supreme. They seem quite reticent to approach these characters as supernatural or mystic based.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: Seriously? I mean Thor not being a god is annoying but i can kind of look past it if he has some awesome feats. But making Dr Strange a scientist supreme is absurd. The main focus of the character is his magical abilities. I'm sure i read somewhere that Kevin Feige said that Strange's film would open the supernatural side of marvel up. Don't quote me on it but if its not true than i'm already disappointed with the film.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By HaveAtThee

@soldierofel: I'll give you some quotes by Feige about the role of "magic" in Dr. Strange.

"With Strange, it is a classic Marvel origin story because he’s got one of the best origins ever. And it’s our opportunity to take that left turn into the supernatural. Now, what is the definition of supernatural? It varies. We like the idea of playing with alternate dimensions. The very sort of crazy – [Steve] Ditko crazy acid trip way of traveling through dimensions and traveling through other realms is something that we think is very, very cool … playing with the perceptions of reality."

"I just watched the Neil deGrasse Tyson ‘Cosmos’ series, which is amazing, and which may as well be an acid trip. It is mind-bending and it’s all based in physics and based in quantum mechanics. We’re going to play a lot with the notion of that as an explanation for how the sorcerers do what they do."

So Dr. Strange and his magical abilities will be based in quantum mechanics? I like the Marvel films but their explanation for magic and it being "advanced science" sucks balls. It unnecessarily shoehorns mystical characters like Thor and Dr. Strange into the sci-fi genre (i.e. Guardians of the Galaxy) for no reason other than Marvel just doesn't care to establish magic as its own thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@haveatthee: Jeez that sounds horrible. I truly don't understand why marvel are afraid of doing magic. It's insane. Whelp, i'm soundly disappointed now.

TheHeat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm afraid Ragnarok will blow. Seriously, who thought that elves in spaceships was a good idea? Last I checked, in the fantasy genre, elves use magic, swords, bows, daggers - not dark matter guns and black hole grenades.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.