Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8599 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

What will Thor Odinson's new role in Post-Secret Wars Marvel be?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, with Jan Foster keeping the hammer after the "reboot," what do you think Odinson is going to be doing? Perhaps he'll be king of Asgard again? Or perhaps something else. What do you think?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Aaron is just going to continue with having Thor obsessed with trying to find out who is wielding Mjolnir and crying in his ale over not being worthy. There's some talk of an "Asgardian Civil War", with any luck our favorite Thor will say "screw it, I'm not taking sides" and embark on journey of his own.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: An Asgardian Civil War? maybe instead of just leaving he's the one who stops the fighting and unites them under his rule. I'm kind of getting tired of Marvel not being able to decide whether or not they wan't Thor on the throne.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Spambot

At this point seeing Odin kill Freya and Idunn while sending Gaea back to earth where she belongs would be welcome. It makes zero sense that Gaea even has anything to do with Asgard. She is the earth, not an Asgardian. She has had zero to do with Asgard other than agreeing to be Thor's birth mother going back through the millenia in the comics.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: I've actually kind of thought it makes no sense as well, why would Gaea show such specific interest in Asgard?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spambot

@antithetical: Makes no sense other than Fraction got the idea in his head to make this ridiculous 3 headed all Mother out of 3 characters that haven't had any role in the comics before. What's even worse is how all 3 refer to Thor as their son and Thor refers to Freya as his mother when he'd never seen her before in the comics prior to Fraction's run.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: And she's an elder god so I'm certain Thor isn't her only offspring.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Spambot

@antithetical: She also gave birth to Atum who takes the form of the demogorge when on earth. He is the sun god who destroyed all the evil elder gods or forced them to leave earth prior to the emergence of man and the pantheons. I'm tired of seeing Thor acting like a child or being treated like one after all he's done and been through. No reason at all for him to be kissing the ass of Freya or Idunn. Sure he should respect them but I don't think he'd just go along with the whole all mother thing without batting an eye. Also, after all the things he and Odin have been through over the decades I hate how all of a sudden he started carrying this big grudge against him.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
    HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heirtothekingdom: And she's an elder god so I'm certain Thor isn't her only offspring.

Maybe her other off-springs aren't as important as Thor. He's the son of a Skyfather too.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Aaron said that he is going to explain what Fury whispered to Odinson. So It can be assumed that he will be a key part to this storyline

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.