What Thor 2 should be

#1 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2611 posts) - - Show Bio

I found this fan trailer and it got me thinking. Marvel could have the Olympians in their Cinematic Universe, especially considering they're slowly expanding into more magical elements.

#2 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: How would they present the Olympians as a similar alien society and do it well?

I think it's unnecessary and wouldn't be pulled off well, expanding to more aspects of the Norse mythology and cosmic stories should be done first.

#3 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Smart_Dork_Dude: How would they present the Olympians as a similar alien society and do it well?

I think it's unnecessary and wouldn't be pulled off well, expanding to more aspects of the Norse mythology and cosmic stories should be done first.

I agree. It's also much too early for something like that. They still haven't explored the storylines that are important to Thor's development and Azgard itself, which we haven't seen much of. There's also the fact that Greek mythology has started to become less popular.

#4 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

I agree. It's also much too early for something like that. They still haven't explored the storylines that are important to Thor's development and Azgard itself, which we haven't seen much of. There's also the fact that Greek mythology has started to become less popular.

Not to mention overexposed.

Nothing about Olympus is really important to Thor, and Hercules would probably be considered stupid by most people.

#5 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AweSam said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

Nothing about Olympus is really important to Thor, and Hercules would probably be considered stupid by most people.

They should probably go with a Ragnarok storyline that would include Surtur in the near future. Not for the sequel, though.

#6 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@AweSam said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@AweSam said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

They should probably go with a Ragnarok storyline that would include Surtur in the near future. Not for the sequel, though.

That could be a good third or fourth movie.

Did they have Baldur in the first Thor?

#7 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Surtur he could release Hell on Earth - because hes a fire demon

I like a cameo by Hercules (maybe played by Kevin Sorbo)

#8 Edited by TheGodofThunder (584 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude: @AweSam: i think they should wait for thor three to do ragnarok because thats probably all they'll make. The secret scene for thor 2 should be just black, and then you see this glowing then suddenly you just hear "DOOOOOOOOOM" as a hammer hits it and it's surtur forging twilight. just like in the simonson run.

#9 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2611 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

I like Surtur he could release Hell on Earth - because hes a fire demon

I like a cameo by Hercules (maybe played by Kevin Sorbo)

A little too old isn't he? Don't get me wrong I loved Sorbo as Herc, but I think it would a little hard for him to pull off. Then again Herc does have a beard and add some good make up and CGI and he could still be in the game! Yeah, BRING ON HERC!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.