Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

What should Marvel do to make Thor 3 better?

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, the Thor films have been kind of disappointing. They weren't bad but they were the low points of the MCU. So, what should Thor: Ragnarok do to fix this? Here's some of my ideas. 1: No Earth. I want an adventure in Asgard. 2: More fantasy elements. It should be a high fantasy adventure. 3: A good villain. They shafted Malikieth.

What do you think?

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No earth, use Surtur and make him awesome, have Odin still be alive and have him actually do something, let Thor be powerful and not making him weaker to make the other Avengers feel relevant, and use more Asgardians

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, the Thor films have been kind of disappointing. They weren't bad but they were the low points of the MCU. So, what should Thor: Ragnarok do to fix this? Here's some of my ideas. 1: No Earth. I want an adventure in Asgard. 2: More fantasy elements. It should be a high fantasy adventure. 3: A good villain. They shafted Malikieth.

What do you think?

I dont know there will be something impressive.they were going more into sci-fi direction so there wont be any big fantasy elements.they need of course a much better villain and no more Earth.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

They need a combination of everything. Most importantly seriousness.

No to a very limited amount of earth.

Thor needs to show that he is a badass.

Villians and supporting cast need to be debt.

Have thor wear a helmet

Introduce Sutur and beta ray bill amora

Sif thor love interest

Odin does something if hes still alive.

By the end of the movie i should have cried, felt mind warped and be amazed.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They went to far in thor 1 and 2. They needed to have more fun with the whole thing , more Loki team ups and more Sif.

They rushed the death of his Step mom , they did not play it out in some warp speed to get someplace I have no clue where. They seem to have written themselves into a corner.

Even Ragnarok will be rushed and that in itself could be a three movie deal.

So 3 could redeam itself because Thor can time travel as well as Odin but would they do it. Would they follow the comics and go and give Odin the sight to see what happens then show how he changes it all.

Have it all end then show Odin at the well tossing in his eye and then going out and making changes.

That could work and it would work well.

Will they do it.

I would say no.

They seem to be grabbing easy fast cash in the battle against DC of whom can put out the most movies in the shortest amount of time.

Lets hope they slow the roll and start putting out great stories you will want to watch time and time again.

Like a much loved book on a shelf you pull out during rainy days when you just want to lose yourself in a story in a idea in a world so deep you may have missed something.

So you go back with popcorn and drinks and friends and you sit back and you enjoy the show.

One more time.

This is what we need and this idea is why Thor has lived through the ages from tales told at bedtime to tales told during war to get the blood pumping to get the soldiers ready to get in the mood for a grand adventure.

So with that said.

Grab your list of things for the movie.

Popcorn , drinks , friends , stormy night....

Enjoy...

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Asgaard

"They were the low points of the MCU"

Look another comic fan that build his notions in comicvine and has no idea what he is saying...

How can you prove with numbers (critics/audiences/box office) not just your personal opinion, that Cap 1 or Iron Man 2 were better than the Original Thor? Just because Cap 2 and Iron Man 1 were really good doesn't mean that Cap 1 and Iron Man 2 also have to be acknowledged as better than the Original Thor right?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't call the Thor movies the absolute low points of the MCU, Iron Man 2 & 3 get universally panned most of the time and then there's the Hulk film everyone seems to forget about. Thor and TDW certainly didn't meet fan expectations and have their flaws but they aren't scraping the bottom of the MCU barrel, lol! As for improving the franchise it's been said multiple times, cut Jane and Darcy loose, everyone agrees they drag the movies down and the romance between Thor and Jane comes off forced and unbelievable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Darling_Luna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

No Darcy

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well I don't think they were 'low points' I personally think they were better than the first Cap and Iron man 2 & 3. However, to make Thor 3 better I think that it's pretty much a given that they need to cut Jane & co. loose from the film and have minimal to no Earth time. It's Ragnarok and should be focused on the Gods of Asgard and not showing boring dull Earth storylines and characters. Have some character development for Heimdall, Sif and Odin(if he's alive still). Also if Odin is alive make him do something that shows why he has ruled Asgard for so long let him show some power, same with Thor he is the God of Thunder and Asgards best warrior show him unleashing his full power and strength properly. Also less forced comedy which is solved by no Darcy and Jane etc. Another nice touch would be to have Beta Ray Bill join Thor in the final battle as old friends or something maybe he could be introduced in Guardians 2 idk just a thought.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By william300

@asgaard: Thor 2 got mixed reviews, and was definitly got the worse reviews of the MCU films besides Ant-Man. It got similar reviews to Incredible Hulk (which I consider a better film). And the first Thor got about the same reviews and Iron Man 2.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: Comic fans may hate Iron Man 3, but it wasn't critically panned, most critics liked the film. I have mixed feelings about it.

birdman400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Earth

SHOW SIF MORE DAMMIT

include Beta Ray Bill

Actually show Thor isn't a weakling

Comickidd77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked both Thor movies quite a bit. Thor 3 needs to show how truely strong and god like Thor is. Make it dark and make it epic play up the fantasy of it all. Big battles strong villain no Odin no Loki. Surtur, hel, enchantress any will do. That one big dark evil guy who looks similar to venom who name escapes me at the moment.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GoodBoy6

Well I don't think they were 'low points' I personally think they were better than the first Cap and Iron man 2 & 3. However, to make Thor 3 better I think that it's pretty much a given that they need to cut Jane & co. loose from the film and have minimal to no Earth time. It's Ragnarok and should be focused on the Gods of Asgard and not showing boring dull Earth storylines and characters. Have some character development for Heimdall, Sif and Odin(if he's alive still). Also if Odin is alive make him do something that shows why he has ruled Asgard for so long let him show some power, same with Thor he is the God of Thunder and Asgards best warrior show him unleashing his full power and strength properly. Also less forced comedy which is solved by no Darcy and Jane etc. Another nice touch would be to have Beta Ray Bill join Thor in the final battle as old friends or something maybe he could be introduced in Guardians 2 idk just a thought.

they are not Gods.I am personally interested how will they portrayed Ragnarok.

Namasthetu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the first film (not my fave but fun) but the second is basically a complete list of everything they have done wrong in the MCU piled into a single movie.

The Jane Foster relationship is terrible, puke inducing terrible. In the first movie they covered it up with some humor. In Thor 2 it was soap opera bad. Besides the glossed over physics and trope heavy science team backing it up, Jane herself is boring and she basically exists to toss out lines that make science and magic linked in the MCU.

Long boring battles. Since the Avengers I have been bored with the last half of most MCU movies. Action is fun, repetetive combat is not. From the drones in IM 2, to the endlessachinegun fire of Cap 2, to the house party protocol of IM 3, it all gets dull. They need to watch the original SW trilogy or some LotR and get a clue that you need multiple theatres of action if you're gonna have that much and you need proper build up. Otherwise Thor punches a guy you don't care about for 30 minutes.

Long dull middle sequence info dumps. These began in IM2 and aren't as common in the MCU as the "long winded battle of who cares?" Thor2 had the longest with the whole Aether explanation and why Malekith wants it. There was simply too much exposition, not enough action (amusing given the overkill later). These stories need pacing and they need more excitement. Not just combat, but moments where we really fon't know what is going to happen. Thor 3 needs to keep a brisk pace.

Lastly.. Who gives a flying rats ass about X bad guys? This is a problem in the MCU. Several movies have featured villains who are just plain boring (whiplash, hydra, malekith). If they don't develop them then why should we care? The conflict has to feel deeply ingrained and pertinent.

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By phantomjolt

I want to see Thor bring down the thunder on a powerful foe, that makes him question his resolve his beliefs, push him like hes never been pushed before, and have him rise even if it means dying and when his opponent asks him for any last words he says.

Thor replies: Have At The!!!.

And For the love of god stop making everything a comedy I am Sick to death with all the jokes.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Thorthunder98

@goodboy6: Well I found this as a synopsis for the film probably not correct but if it is they may be dealing with the concept of Gods in the mcu with this

"Thor must confront the gods to the gods when Asgard is threatened with Ragnarok, the Norse apocalypse."

Again I'm not sure if that's official or not my guess is not but idk.

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By william300

@phantomjolt: I agree on the whole not a comedy thing. I think Cap 2 had the perfect tone, it was serious, but it was still fun.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Asgaard

@william300 said:

@asgaard: Thor 2 got mixed reviews, and was definitly got the worse reviews of the MCU films besides Ant-Man. It got similar reviews to Incredible Hulk (which I consider a better film). And the first Thor got about the same reviews and Iron Man 2.

I ask for numbers... (basically all what you said is not accurate)

The Incredible Hulk (2008) Rotten Tomatoes Critics Score 67% / Audience Score 72% / Box Office $263M

Iron Man 2 (2010) Rotten Tomatoes Critics Score 72% / Audience Score 72% / Box Office $623M

Captain America:The First Avenger (2011) Rotten Tomatoes Critics Score 79% / Audience Score 74% / Box Office $370M

Thor (2011) Rotten Tomatoes Critics Score 77% / Audience Score 76% Box Office / $450M

Thor The Dark World (2013) Rotten Tomatoes Critics Score 66% / Audience Score 78% / Box Office $645M

Ant-Man (2015) Rotten Tomatoes Critics Score 79% / Audience Score 90% / Box Office $354M (ongoing, without being released in big Asia (China/Japan/Korea)

Yes similar reviews but for audiences Thor 2 was a lot more well received than the The Incredible Hulk and we can see that in the box office, Thor 1 had better reviews than Iron Man 2, and i really don't get where comes your assumption that Ant-Man had bad reviews, it's false, had good reviews and great audience score 90% and will make more money than Cap 1, like Thor 1 also did because audiences like it more, (it's a business) audiences scores have also to be acknowledged and did you knew that Thor movies made more money than Cap movies?... Well it's true...

Cap 1 & 2 = $1.08B

Thor 1 & 2 =$1.09B

Somehow (not with facts) it's the comicvine mentality, but no Thor movies aren't the low points of the Mcu...

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dehumanize him and the rest of Asgard, bring in Surtur as a true cosmic threat and have a epic clash between him and Odin, or follow the comics with Rune KIng Thor

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6: Well I found this as a synopsis for the film probably not correct but if it is they may be dealing with the concept of Gods in the mcu with this

"Thor must confront the gods to the gods when Asgard is threatened with Ragnarok, the Norse apocalypse."

Again I'm not sure if that's official or not my guess is not but idk.

pretty sure thats not correct.in MCU they didnt portray them as Gods.but I will not start an argument about true Gods as they should be because this is not the thread about that.

phantomjolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: Thats what most of their films should be but the mouse won't let them go to serious. Most of my hatred goes to age of ultron I was expecting Ultron to massacre the humans and replace them with human looking androids. That should have been his plan for a perfect world not, "Me drop big rock on land like dinosaur extinction. Me super evil guys seriously".

william300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phantomjolt: Well, I personally loved Age of Ultron, but that's just for me. But yea, I was worried this kind of stuff would happen when Disney bought Marvel.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MORE Weather Effects!!!!!!!!!

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 the_stegman  Moderator

1. No Earth, at all. You can mention it, but I want the film to take place on the OTHER 8 realms.

2. Get rid of Darcy, she sucks, seriously, she's the worst part of the films.

3. No Jane Foster, I get it, Natalie Portman is A list, but the have no chemistry together, I mean NONE. Have him focus on being protector of the Nine Realms, not some Earth girl.

4. Cut back on the jokes, Ragnarok needs to be serious.

5. Make Surtur intimidating, but his motives clear, so we can avoid the pit of generic-ness that is Marvel villains.

6. Make sure we touch on the Loki is pretending to be Odin plot point, don't want to leave that dangling.

7. Have Thor die. At least temporarily so we can see Hel and fulfill his prophecy.

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they do Surtur they better do him right and make him huge instead of the same size as Odin so it is 'believable' because it isn't meant to be believable it's fantasy and it isn't supposed to be believable it's supposed to be unbelievable so you are in awe at it.

No Caption Provided

This is what Surtur should look like if they use him...

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they do Surtur they better do him right and make him huge instead of the same size as Odin so it is 'believable' because it isn't meant to be believable it's fantasy and it isn't supposed to be believable it's supposed to be unbelievable so you are in awe at it.

No Caption Provided

well MCU doesnt think so.they want to make it more "believable".

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
    @thorthunder98 said:

No Caption Provided

No to small , Surtur should be huge over the top large. He should be made of living fire. He should blot out stars and give chills to small children. He should say end times is here run for your life. Surtur should make even gods cringe all but Odin anyway and Thor and maybe Loki because well Magic can just about do anything you wish it to.

No this image just is not scary enough , then again Thor does not show power here as well. Where is the lightning and the whipping of the winds the flare of his cape the screams of Mjolnir as she pulls in the fire from all around , the lightning the want to be released to cause Surter pain.

oh but Marvel wants them to be Aliens so more then likely no Surter because that would mean they are more then just Aliens.

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goodboy6 said:
    @thorthunder98 said:

No Caption Provided

No to small , Surtur should be huge over the top large. He should be made of living fire. He should blot out stars and give chills to small children. He should say end times is here run for your life. Surtur should make even gods cringe all but Odin anyway and Thor and maybe Loki because well Magic can just about do anything you wish it to.

No this image just is not scary enough , then again Thor does not show power here as well. Where is the lightning and the whipping of the winds the flare of his cape the screams of Mjolnir as she pulls in the fire from all around , the lightning the want to be released to cause Surter pain.

oh but Marvel wants them to be Aliens so more then likely no Surter because that would mean they are more then just Aliens.

yeah pretty much this.

Kokemabb200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jayc1324 said:

No earth, use Surtur and make him awesome, have Odin still be alive and have him actually do something, let Thor be powerful and not making him weaker to make the other Avengers feel relevant, and use more Asgardians

GoodBoy6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

we can only see that in our dreams.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
    AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Kat Dennings please

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: Yea it might be too small but if they make 'Frost GIANTS' like 8ft tall what hope can we have for them making Surtur at the size he should be

Avatar image for thegodofthunder
    TheGodofThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No jane, no darcy. Have thor call more than little bolts of lightning, have him show his more physical side.

loyngulpany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@william300: Lol this thread is interesting to look back now considering all of your expectations were exceeded in Thor Ragnarok hahahaha

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Make Storm their younger sister.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have him use lightening with out his hammer

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson said:

Have him use lightening with out his hammer

lol they did that tho

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.