What is thor's weakness?

• 83 results
#1 Posted by Hubjubjub (21 posts) - - Show Bio

It seems he's a little over powered to not have a weaknesss IMO. I like him and all I'm just wondering if he has a chink in the armor. And can physical attacks hurt him? For example, gunfire to unprotected body parts?

#2 Posted by ThePhoenX (119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hubjubjub: At this time... Matt Fraction and Brian Michael Bendis! :)

#3 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

For the most part its him losing his hammer, it removes about half of his powers though as of late that's in question as he stated he can control elements without it, just to a lesser degree if memory serves correct. He also loses the ability of flight, very forms of manipulation, his God Blast, and his main source of attack. He pretty much turns into Herc without it. Back in the day if he lost his hammer for more then a minute he turned back to Blake but that problem was fixed a while back.

#4 Posted by Ms. Omega (4470 posts) - - Show Bio

A stein of mead

#5 Edited by Hubjubjub (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696: Hm... Isnt the deal that if u are worthy of wielding thor's hammer you shall have his power?

Ofcourse you wouldnt have God Blast and all his signature moves but theoretically if someone was worthy they could fly or have super strength?

#6 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

After reading a bit he is weak against high level magic and his warrior madness can make him act pretty Hulkish(raging uncontrollably). I have questions about his hammer giving others his powers because it put bill on his level but didn't seem to do much for superman when he used it so how much power it gives depends

#7 Posted by Hubjubjub (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696: so it could give someone an edge over thor, right?

#8 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

If a middle to high class being got it then yea, Airwalker almost beat Thor to death with the hammer once(the enchantment is only against living being)

#9 Posted by metalman24 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Thors hammer I wouldn't say hes not powerful, but without the Hammer he does lose alot of Powers and Magic that he can create.

#10 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePhoenX said:

Matt Fraction and Brian Michael Bendis! :)

QFT

#11 Posted by Hubjubjub (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696: what does Captain America count as, middle class?

#12 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

super powered punches and bad writing

#13 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

His hammer (his life is bound to it), The teeth of the midgard serpent (can go straight through his body).

#14 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

His luscious hair.

#15 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

It's hard to put Cap at a level because he goes against galactic threats and honestly his powers are street level. I'd put him at mid because he can take on high class and survive

#16 Posted by OmegaHans (207 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePhoenX said:

^ This.

#17 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio

Earth.

#18 Posted by Hubjubjub (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696: would cap with thor's hammer have a shot of beating him? a little shot? im just wondering bc cap seems a little under powered

#19 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would put him on Thunderstrike's level. Thor is part asgardian part elder god and the physically strongest of any of them(if Odin doesn't power himself up with odinforce). So even if cap got the hammer it would be like Thunderstrike vs herc because Thor has matched strength with herc multiple times

#20 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

In recent comic books.....Hulk.

#21 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@SupahForeigner said:

i see what you did there.............. but not funny.

#22 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@KainScion said:

@SupahForeigner said:

i see what you did there.............. but not funny.

I'm not trying to be funny, in recent comic books (from what I've seen) Hulk keeps overpowering Thor which I find frustrating since I like Thor. Unless I missed out an issue in recent times where we witness Thor giving Hulk a pounding.

#23 Posted by Hubjubjub (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696 said:

It's hard to put Cap at a level because he goes against galactic threats and honestly his powers are street level. I'd put him at mid because he can take on high class and survive

well i wouldnt call him street level but yeah hes no God

#24 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea cap has always been hard to grade

#25 Posted by Hubjubjub (21 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696: what if iron man got it? idk its hard to tell bc he has a suit not actual physical power so it probly wouldnt do much for stark would it?

#26 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that depends because Tony fought an odinpowered Thor with the use of asgardian power source, he quickly lose after Thor ripped out the power source though, so tony would be powerfully but used with his armor would put him closer to Thor's level

#27 Posted by SupahForeigner (227 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696 said:

Now that depends because Tony fought an odinpowered Thor with the use of asgardian power source, he quickly lose after Thor ripped out the power source though, so tony would be powerfully but used with his armor would put him closer to Thor's level

I disagree, even normal powered Thor would take out Iron-man in my opinion.

#28 Posted by BigCimmerian (8309 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696 said:

For the most part its him losing his hammer, it removes about half of his powers though as of late that's in question as he stated he can control elements without it, just to a lesser degree if memory serves correct. He also loses the ability of flight, very forms of manipulation, his God Blast, and his main source of attack. He pretty much turns into Herc without it. Back in the day if he lost his hammer for more then a minute he turned back to Blake but that problem was fixed a while back.

He can fly even without Mjolnir by manipulating winds around him

#29 Edited by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

Asgardian magic harms Thor like it does everyone else.

Taking away mjolnir is probably Thor's main weakness.

Mjolnir gives Thor so much versatility taking it away means Thor loses against about every powerhouse he's ever beat(Hulk, Juggernaut, Gladiator,etc.)

#30 Edited by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor's weakness? Kurt Busiek, Craig Kyle, Christopher Yost, Joe Quesada, and writer's that are more fans of Superman than Thor.

Any other questions?

Seriously, written to his potential, Thor should be Marvel's go to guy when facing down end of the earth/galaxy threats.

#31 Posted by yahweh (326 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malevolent1 said:

Thor's weakness? Kurt Busiek, Craig Kyle, Christopher Yost, Joe Quesada, and writer's that are more fans of Superman than Thor.

Any other questions?

Seriously, written to his potential, Thor should be Marvel's go to guy when facing down end of the earth/galaxy threats.

And also this.

#32 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Serpent Tooth. Rhino stabbed him badly with one IIRC. Destroyer killed him (nearly).

Mainly, his arrogance

#33 Edited by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hubjubjub
@Walker696: 

Technically he wouldn't even necessarily lose the ability of Godblast ... although he may not be able to focus it at range. 
In the end, Thor really doesn't have any specific weakness. There is no "Asgardian Kryptonite" or "Achilles Heel" so to speak. Not to say he cannot be defeated or injured, but it would require something of sufficient power equal or greater than himself.

#34 Posted by MzombieX (975 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThePhoenX said:

LOL - Nicely said :D
#35 Posted by RoboShark (1271 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by SoA (4838 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThePhoenX said:

#37 Posted by OmegaRed86 (505 posts) - - Show Bio

@RoboShark said:

Marvel, I hate you.

#38 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

I would also say that he can be quite easily manipulated if you are much smarter than him because he believes in certain principles which are well-known and can be faked. He's not the smartest tool in the shed.

#39 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3562 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86 said:

@RoboShark said:

Marvel, I hate you.

I hate the fact that a telepath with the Phoenix Force had to resort to using hand to hand to defeat Thor. It should have been more of a fight on those terms, since he has combat training.

#40 Posted by Z3RO180 (6549 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hubjubjub:He has no pysical weakness as a post says above a force equal or greateer can hurt him characters like herc, hulk etc also magic ca hurt him as well buut small calibur bullits can not.

#41 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

he's a very stupid 2,000 year old norse god

#42 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@samuel_larson_10 said:

he's a very stupid 2,000 year old norse god

He has a MD in medicine

#43 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

PIS writing

#44 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool:

yeah but that all goes away when he picks up that hammer

#45 Posted by Deadcool (6810 posts) - - Show Bio

@samuel_larson_10 said:

@Deadcool: yeah but that all goes away when he picks up that hammer

Nope, for a huge amount of time Thor and Donald Blake were the same people, Don Blake was an alter ego created by Odin to punish Thor, he earned that tittle by himself.

#46 Posted by shrmntnk62 (251 posts) - - Show Bio

telepathy?

#47 Posted by BatWatch (2724 posts) - - Show Bio

Pride.

#48 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hubjubjub: Asgardian magic. It harms Thor like it does everyone else.

#49 Posted by samuel_larson_10 (283 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deadcool: I don't think you get my point, for someone who has lived for thousands of years he lets his power go to his head a lot of the time

#50 Posted by gavinification (83 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't have a weakness. Someone or thing could be more powerful than him but that is not a weakness.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.