Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8598 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

What if Asgard happened in DC?

Avatar image for mightythunderbird
    MightyThunderbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

The Loki's movie: Whould it be cooler, worst or somethin near the same?

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightythunderbird: I'm not sure if I understand your question, I assume you're asking about if the Thor movie had been made by DC rather than Marvel? I know DC has their own version of Thor and Asgard, though I'm not familiar with it at all so couldn't say, though if they did I'm sure they'd throw Zack Snyder in the director's chair and desaturate all the colors from the film.

Avatar image for mightythunderbird
    MightyThunderbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightythunderbird: I'm not sure if I understand your question, I assume you're asking about if the Thor movie had been made by DC rather than Marvel? I know DC has their own version of Thor and Asgard, though I'm not familiar with it at all so couldn't say, though if they did I'm sure they'd throw Zack Snyder in the director's chair and desaturate all the colors from the film.

I'm asking: what if Asgard took part in the DC Universe? (so the story of Loki conquiring earth) whould it be cooler?

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The Loki's movie: Whould it be cooler, worst or somethin near the same?

Thor would conquor and I would worship him. An entire world full of superheroes failed to take down King Thor, nuclear weapons failed, and even when they managed to destroy asgard at the cost of 8 million human lives Thor survived and simply rebuilt it and decimated all remaining people who opposed him. The world was only given back through King Thors mercy, this is an unmatched feat, King Thor was not beaten, not outwitted, he simply changed his mind. The entire plot of siege only worked because Thor's connection with the Odin force had been severely diminished due to having to bring himself back, recreate asgard, and then rebuild mjolnir, however the scan you brought is from the reinging and that king thor can melt adamantium like butter, and physcially dominate beings like the hulk to the point where he killed hulk with a tree.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightythunderbird: Well DC does have their version of Thor and Asgard so they're certainly welcome to tell that story if they want. As to whether it'd be better I guess that would depend upon who would write the story and that's the case regardless of which publisher were involved.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC doesn't really care about the gods, Greek or Nordic, so I would assume it would be worse. Unless they actually cared enough to give it a good writer. I do think it'd be cooler though because of characters like Superman and wonder woman, and seeing them fight Loki or King Thor, like Killraven said.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just the whole idea they made Wonder Women god of war means Dc cares about the gods. So you never know what is brewing maybe , just maybe you could see Thor beside Clark Kent sitting back drinking ale in and looking over the ice fields by the fortress of solitude.

It would be a epic picture.

Lanstar777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

DC doesn't really care about the gods, Greek or Nordic, so I would assume it would be worse. Unless they actually cared enough to give it a good writer. I do think it'd be cooler though because of characters like Superman and wonder woman, and seeing them fight Loki or King Thor, like Killraven said.

Ah bro...Wonder Woman.. everything about her power set and very existence is based on the greek gods. Everything in her stories relates back to the gods and they are seen frequently. Only last year Superman threw down with Apollo and Ares. Year four of injustice is all about the gods battling "bad guy" Superman. Or Shazam (aka Captain Marvel)... his name is an acronym for the power of the gods (less Solomon). Solomon, Hercules, Atlas, Zeus, Achilles, and Mercury. Admittedly DcCdoes play with other concepts like Darkseid as a god and the New Gods...Orion, High Father, etc but given that Marvel has capitalized on prior existing mythologies (Thor, Odin, Freya, Hercules, etc) it only makes sense DC would be less driven to create characters that have the same name and similar back stories and make them major players..like Thor or Hercules in Marvel. Both have appeared in DC as mythological gods but aren't major players. N'uff said.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Dc could do a story with Thor as a hero but it used to stand to reason that Marvel had done such a great job how could they ever compete. The hero has been torn down so much they could compete with ease. The field of battle not a field but a playground these days. You can hardly say Thor is Thor anymore and if some had it their way Thor would be a midget from some third world country with a lisp a limp and be female and gay.

Thor would be pale version of himself and the feasting hall of heroes and warriors would be filled with cross dressers and people from death row whom may I add more then likely are blind as well.

So Dc looks and Thor and thinks wow no way possible I could mess up. May as well put Thor in the JLA and see how well he gets along.

The gates of Asgard open wide and out walks the proud and Mighty Thor. With a wittle tiny hammer.....(ooops maybe they did mess it up)

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arthurkerr

@mightythunderbird said:
    @antithetical said:

I'm asking: what if Asgard took part in the DC Universe? (so the story of Loki conquiring earth) whould it be cooler?

I would love to see the universe where Loki is the hero. Villains come and go and a true hero takes little time getting rid of them but to see Loki as the hero makes him so much more. Anti hero but still hero. Like Punisher or Wolverine he has his place in the universe. What would be cool is if the JL took in the Loki from the Marvel universe because I really see nobody on the team that deals with magic that I know of.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.