Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

What I think of the Fem-Thor now that it's finished

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So as some you know that when the series was going on I defended the title. Now that it's finished and revealed that Thor is intact Jane Foster I can say with all certainty that it was a boring series. The good moment where far to few and the wroteing was meh. The only constant good thing in the comic was the art, it was amazing from issue 1 right up until the end. I still stand by my opinion that Jason Aaron is a fantastic writer for Thor and hope he Sarah's on to write more arcs, but after this one I hope to god he comes up with better ideas for storys because this one was very very week. There where things that I licked but like I said before they where far too few. If your thinking about getting this title in trade foarm don't, get it, instead buy the God Of Thunder series by Jason Aaron Insted it's much better and worth your money. Here's hopeing that the secret wars tie in Thors is better that this boring snore fest.

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Asgaard

Even outside of the fan perspective i think the Godbutcher arcs were the best writing on Thor in the last years, but everything afterwards has been declining until now and currently Aaron isn't writing a Thor story... To be fair in my judgement Al Ewing writing on Loki and Asgard also become mediocre in the last issues, and the character that wasn't supposed to be Asgardian (Angela) was the only story about Asgard and Gods that i read in 2015 (Marvel)...But it's over... Sincerely i have no hope for Marvel Asgard in the future...I just wish Thor can stay dead and Loki's current comic can end yesterday...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Like you, at the beginning of the recent Thordis run I was willing to give it a chance, but by the second/third issue I could see it wasn't going to be much of a story and seemed more concerned with teasing readers about her identity. I definitely agree the art was consistently great, just a shame it was wasted on such a mediocre story.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard: read the first arc of Loki and thought it was good but dropped it because it tied into axis and I wasn't going to buy a tie in to an event I wasn't going to read. Also your right the God butcher story is one of the best Thor arcs in recent years, and IMO probbley even one of the best story arcs of the character in the past 30 years.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: the thing that really bugs me about the series is that Jane was the new Thor and that it felt really rushed and thrown in there at the last minute. Aaron spent all that time building up Jane Foster as a strong secondary character with her having cancer and wanting to beat it by her self with out the help of a literal magic cure. Also there's the fact that she says she has met Dario Auger when in fact she never did in the comics so to have her "meet" him off screen is a bit annoying. All in all the Jane Foster thing feels like it's a response to the fan figuring out that originally it was meant to be Roz Solomon who would have been the new , witch would have have been amazing, but at the last minute it was changed. Now I'm hopeing the reason as to why Thor was unworthy is a good one but the chances of that happening are very very slim.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: It definitely could have gotten changed near the last minute. Stuff like that happens in comics all the time.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Spambot

@z3ro180: Jane Foster to me is a character who should have been retired 20 years ago but for some horrible reason Thor writers keep bringing her back. It also makes no sense to me that they keep having Thor start romances with humans whose lives are a fraction of his rather than Asgardians who he could actually share the rest of his life with.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: she is a valid part of the Thir mythos but only as an anchor to humanity. Haveing her refuse magic that could cure her cancer in favour of fighting it as a human was great character development for her. Sadly that was destroyed and burnt to ash when editorial and Aaron decided to make her the new Thor.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: She was a part of it but i think there is a point where new females characters such as Roz should be developed and more focus put on them rather than her.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@z3ro180: It definitely could have gotten changed near the last minute. Stuff like that happens in comics all the time.

@z3ro180 said:

@spambot: that's what it looks like

Have to agree, comes off as tacked on at the end for the "shock" ending.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: yep it was thrown in because everybody figured it out. I'll give marvel this though, at least they maneged to keep it a secret instead of spoiling it like they do with every "Big Thing" in their comic's.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180: Well, from nearly the beginning there were only two credible candidates once it was shown her inner dialogue was clearly human. Whether or not Marvel managed to keep her secret for eight issues is almost irrelevant once everyone knew she was either Roz or Jane.

Rpgesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah but the god butchers art doesnt look too good tho i havent read it just from what ive seen

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
    AtheistKnowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, questioning Esad Ribics art... Oh Sodam...

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: I'm hopeing that the next step in Aaron's story is better than this. Jane-Thor could work if they drop the mystery of who she is right off the bat.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@antithetical: I'm hopeing that the next step in Aaron's story is better than this. Jane-Thor could work if they drop the mystery of who she is right off the bat.

no I do not see it working out all that well. Then again I never did like Jane. Sif on the other hand or Amora that would have been new and awesome. Like Mr. And Misses Smith. This however is a insult to those whom suffer with cancer it insults the Norse mythology for Cancer does not make one worthy being sick has never made you worthy as a fact it has made souls unworthy. So Jane is a huge let down.

Matt-Murdock5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgaard said:

Even outside of the fan perspective i think the Godbutcher arcs were the best writing on Thor in the last years, but everything afterwards has been declining until now and currently Aaron isn't writing a Thor story... To be fair in my judgement Al Ewing writing on Loki and Asgard also become mediocre in the last issues, and the character that wasn't supposed to be Asgardian (Angela) was the only story about Asgard and Gods that i read in 2015 (Marvel)...But it's over... Sincerely i have no hope for Marvel Asgard in the future...I just wish Thor can stay dead and Loki's current comic can end yesterday...

Wait what ? 616 Thor is dead ?

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Asgaard

@asgaard said:

Apparently he died in New Avengers issue 32, but i don't believe that because we are talking about comic books, In my perspective Thor was better "dead" that constantly butchered and sacrificed just to support Thordis story that doesn't have anything to do with Asgard, so the best thing that could happen to who likes to read Thor/Gods stories was if he didn't come back after Secret Wars because Thordis story would end faster...

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By antithetical

@asgaard said:
    @matt-murdock5 said:
    @asgaard said:

Apparently he died in New Avengers issue 32, but i don't believe that because we are talking about comic books, In my perspective Thor was better "dead" that constantly butchered and sacrificed just to support Thordis story that doesn't have anything to do with Asgard, so the best thing that could happen to who likes to read Thor/Gods stories was if he didn't come back after Secret Wars because Thordis story would end faster...

Well of course if 616 OKT is well and good it means 616 Thor IS still alive somewhere, for obvious reasons. I'm pretty much aligned with @asgaard on the issue though, better Thor just stay dead until Marvel is done with their Thordis is obsession.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

Kind of late for that though, isn't it? Or do you mean starting from after the SW nonsense?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Cream_God

After Aaron insulted Thor fans I stopped reading anything with Fem-Thor, then when Marvel continued with more PR stunts I just quit reading Marvel

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Aaron insulted Thor fans I stopped reading anything with Fem-Thor, then when Marvel continued with more PR stunts I just quit reading Marvel

yeah it is never good when the writer insults the fan base and gets away with it. That should have bean dealt with. It was really odd and I could not believe it took place yet alone was not addressed at all.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@antithetical: after SW because the fans knowing but the character don't is a stupid cliche that needs to die out.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

@antithetical: after SW because the fans knowing but the character don't is a stupid cliche that needs to die out.

I'd say "readers" more so than "fans" as I'm not a "fan" of how either female or unworthy Thor have been handled (and won't be reading at this point either), but definitely agree with that keeping her identity secret in universe is dumb and completely unnecessary.

patzeram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I frankly do think that Aaron insulted Thor in several ways, first all of a sudden Thor is a total drunken fool and Aaron mutilates Thor by removing his arm. Yes the God Butcher was very good but at the same time once Aaron starting writing Thor I felt Thor wasn't really Thor anymore in personality. Perhaps it's just me. And are we ever going to find out what Nick Fury whispered to Thor to make him unworthy? It still doesn't make sense since the hammer should know. I'm not a fan of Aaron's writing of Thor.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

who didn't see that coming

kiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arthurkerr: you kidding marvel probably high fived him. There's an interview with a marvel executive that says they've found sales go up when fans are up in arms

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was hardly even a story. The plot was just Thor trying to figure out who she is, and he failed in the end so nothing was really resolved. Jason Aaron could have just told us who she was from the start instead of wasting 8 issues but he needed it to be a mystery to get people to read.

I also got get why Thor keeps loving women from earth. It is guaranteed that they will only live for like 2% of his life and he sets himself up for sadness every time. I want to see him with Sif or another Asgardian.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: It's a way for Thor to stay "connected" to Earth to remain "accessible," even though his mother is the spiritual embodiment of the Earth itself. Really, it's why the Thor/Foster relationship didn't work on the big screen, because Odin's argument telling him that "mortal lives mean nothing...they are fleeting" pretty much makes sense--to them at least.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: It's a way for Thor to stay "connected" to Earth to remain "accessible," even though his mother is the spiritual embodiment of the Earth itself. Really, it's why the Thor/Foster relationship didn't work on the big screen, because Odin's argument telling him that "mortal lives mean nothing...they are fleeting" pretty much makes sense--to them at least.

Yes gods and humans would think nothing alike. Thor could go home and not return for 20 years and it would mean nothing to him. To us it would be a huge amount of time but to him it would be as if hardly no time had went by. I like that because it shows that they do not rush on anything that they can take the time for what ever reason and simply enjoy it and savor it more. To truly do it justice would be hard it would mean tossing out what we think we know and understand how Thor would feel and act being able to live so long. Sif having a more open mind and Odin as well. We put to many Christian values on beings that would not be Christian. Thor had two a wife and a lover. He had children by his lover and nobody was upset with this. So why do we not show it and why do people say oh Thor would never do that. No read your mythology he did and what so wrong with that. I mean he lives a very long time. We do semi adult stories and touch upon some things but when we think of Myth we hit and miss on other things. Loki for instance is not evil he is the god of trickery and illusion he is said to be much like Odin himself and guess what. Odin liked him and cared for him. He solved problems and got Thor out of trouble more cases then the other way around.

You want to tie Thor to Earth fine he already is he is the defender of the 9 realms maybe not just earth but all the 9 realms what is so bad about that for it can only add to stories it can only add to the tales they can throw at us. Then you have BRB and you give him something to do and even Thor girl...and she is useful and great stories come to us.

No PC stuff just good stories and people collect them and they say wow. That is some good writing. But where is the pizza dude.

You just need pizza man..

Ok that's that.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sophia89: Reading your summation of all the problems with the recent female Thor arc makes it sound more like a What If or Alternate Universe tale, though I'm sure we won't be lucky enough after Secret Wars to find out that since Original Sin that has been the case... ah, if only...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.