Follow

Thor

Character » Thor appears in 8592 issues.

Thor Odinson is the All-father of Asgard /God of Thunder, offspring of All-Father Odin & Elder-Goddess Gaea. Combining the powers of both realms makes him an elder-god hybrid and a being of no perceivable limits. Armed with his enchanted Uru hammer Mjolnir which helps him to channel his godly energies. The mightiest and the most beloved warrior in all of Asgard, a staunch ally for good and one of the most powerful beings in the multiverse/omniverse. Thor is also a founding member of the Avengers.

What human weapons can harm MCU Thor

• 109 results
    Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I know things like normal bullets can't do anything to him as we saw with Loki, and I know he shouldn't really be getting hurt by any guns. Just thinking MCU Thor is very underpowered, so would a high caliber sniper bullet do anything? Or a missile strike or something. I'm curious what everyone else thinks, I don't think there are any weapons on Earth that would really do him any harm, even Iron man didn't even scratch him. What does everyone else think?

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
    FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

In the hands of an amateur writer: a pen

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Kundelar
    yeimsick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the hands of an amateur writer: a pen

an amateur, a hack, for more or less the past year Jason Aaron, some folks might say Matt Fraction as well... many are those unworthy of even being let near any manner of writing implement...

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
    deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No guns could. I'm sure a very powerful missile would harm him but not kill him. The only human weapon I'd say could kill him is a nuke

username12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By username12345

@jayc1324 said:

No guns could. I'm sure a very powerful missile would harm him but not kill him. The only human weapon I'd say could kill him is a nuke

And Batman.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe a nuclear warhead. A regular ballistic air missile could "stun" him momentarily maybe.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: MCU Thor took a beating from hulk and didn't even get hurt from that.. also got hit by 400% ironman.. didn't get hurt.. didn't he get hit by destroyer and ultron as well and not get damaged? Why would you think a missile/sniper bullet/nuke would hurt him..? I think they've done a good job showing Thor's durability..

He went toe to toe with a infinity gem also, id say MCU Thor has decent Low-Mid Tier powerhouse durability

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cgoodness: when did he go up against the infinity gem? isn't thor the most durable out of all characters shown in the MCU so far?

Malekith had that red thing that was inside Jane which turned out to be a infinity gem, and yes id say so

Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: I never said I think that I was just asking what other people think I know that they shouldn't harm him

Spaceboy987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He also survived the mega explosion at the end of Age of ultron

I think that covers it

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea but I don't think any can harm him.

Avatar image for deactivated-59fde563552b5
    deactivated-59fde563552b5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking at the very least, a nuke. However, a nuke's damage is spread out a lot. The blast would have to be very concentrated.

Avatar image for hocko1999_virus
    Hocko1999_VIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Iron Man suit

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol! We've already seen in the first Avengers movie that's not even close to being the case. Maybe (a tiny little bit) if Tony constructs a "Thorbuster" suit but there's been nothing so far in the MCU to make that necessary.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was knocked out by a large boulder and he would have died from a high fall, I know some like to dismiss the latter but writers intent means a lot more than fan feelings and the intent of that scene was that he was in mortal danger and got out of by the skin of his teeth.

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: He still crashed into the ground, just without that cage falling down with him.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

based on the avengers 1 movie. Jet bullets can harm him, while in TTDW ether couldn't really hold him back..

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know things like normal bullets can't do anything to him as we saw with Loki, and I know he shouldn't really be getting hurt by any guns. Just thinking MCU Thor is very underpowered, so would a high caliber sniper bullet do anything? Or a missile strike or something. I'm curious what everyone else thinks, I don't think there are any weapons on Earth that would really do him any harm, even Iron man didn't even scratch him. What does everyone else think?

THOR was ducking like a little boy when the jet was spraying him with bullets after the hulk THOR fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: Why wouldn't he try to get out of the way? He didn't even know what bullets were at that point most likely since he hasn't been to earth in hundreds of years.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Redatom1234

@whoisthebest: yeah, also I think thor's durability in the MCU fluctuates, I've seen him get dazed and bleeding by the end of each movie. Superman got hit almost as much as Thor and he barely had a scratch(of course he got knocked out once)

Going up against hulk and male kith are all good but let's face it, a nuke could knock put him out for a bit, he won't die, but he'd be out cold

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By THORSON

@jayc1324 said:

@thorson: Why wouldn't he try to get out of the way? He didn't even know what bullets were at that point most likely since he hasn't been to earth in hundreds of years.

That's not the THOR I'm use to.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whoisthebest: makes sense, his fight with ultron made him lose credibility, the general public thinks Thor would lose to the hulk

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kgb725
    Thorthunder98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redatom1234: I think the general public thinks Ironman can beat Thor and the Hulk due to the events in AOU

This is true and it annoys me a lot as iron man has not showed anything capable of beating Thor nobody has except Kurse and maybe the Hulk but the general public think Iron man is the most powerful member on the team and can't tell the difference between a mortal in a metal suit and a God of Thunder.

Redatom1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorthunder98: if iron man solos thanos with infinity gauntlet I'm never watching another MCU movie again until they take things seriously

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At a guess - I think aircraft fire would at least not be pleasant for him, not sure how he would take a direct hit from a missile. A nuke is pretty serious business in terms of the powerlevels of the cinematic characters.

Enyalios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There has not been anything shown in the movies that would harm Thor. Iron Man's suit is clearly meant to be the most technologically advanced and powerful piece of human technology and not only did none of his hits really phase him, it was quite clear that Thor was capable of ripping it apart. Bullets had no affect on Loki, so they would not likely have any affect on Thor even if it was not explicitly shown. Captain America's shield bounced off his head with no affect. The phase two weapons which were designed to actually harm the Asgardians didn't. As for Thor ducking out of the way of the bullets, even Hulk was trying to cover up from those same bullets, just like he has done in every Hulk movie to date. Would it kill him, no but like Fifthchild noted above, it doesn't mean its going to be enjoyable. Stand there and let me pelt you with a bunch of paintballs. And as far as the Hulk trap, there is nothing expressed in there that the trap would have killed him. It was afterall designed by people who made a weapon to harm Asgardians that couldn't even harm Loki's clothing. Even Loki he put him in the trap didn't seem to actually think it worked considering that right after he did it, he bragged to Coulson that their champions were scattered, not that he had just killed Thor, nor did he refute Tony when he mentions having Thor on their team later.

The only times showed any injury at all in Avengers was during his fight with Hulk, where he walked away with a slight bloodied lip (that he smiled about) and when Loki stabbed him with his dagger, a weapon one assumes was designed on Asgard for the expressed purpose of harming Asgardians and beings of a similar nature (otherwise why make them). Then again, Odin's spear didn't leave a scratch on him either so who knows.

In TDW Kurse is the only being that seemed to actually give him problems and was likely capable of beating him as he was clearly Thor's physical superior in that movie (which is in keeping with the comics). Even then, a couple of scratches and another token bloody lip and he was fine after a few minutes. His fight with the Aether-enhanced Maleketh was basically a draw since the only think that was giving him problems was the gravitational anomalies that kept sucking them in the portals.

In A:AoU only Scarlet Witches powers did anything to him. Even that fight at the end with Ultron there was no point where he looked like he was in danger, calmly telling Vision he was running out of things to say and didn't seem really phased after when they were talking about Mjolnir's balance (personally I think that was done to give Thor and Vision more of a bonding moment to try to add something similar to the relationship Tony and Bruce enjoy). It was annoying that they did not show that whole fight considering they allowed both Tony and Steve to contend with him so I was curious how Whedon was going to work with that but it appears that, sadly, he choose not to and simply glossed over it.

Its possible based on what was shown that the Hulk Buster armor might be able to do some harm to him (considering he did knock out the Hulk with it) but even than I doubt it would do much more than give him another bloody lip for his troubles.

So in short, there are no mortal weapons so far that have demonstrated any capability to harm Thor in the MCU.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By uugieboogie

@dextersinister: Incorrect... The Boulder that Kurse threw didn't KO him you clearly see him get up & call for Mjolnir.

Nick Fury said the cage was designed to drop & kill Hulk. They saw Thor in action for about 10mins they have no idea of his power or how to kill him at the point. Loki says "the mortals think is immortal, let's test it out". No one EVER said nor was it implied that it would actually kill Thor. He still took the fall with zero damage & we see him get his face dragged up a mountain & he flew straight to the ground with no damage in his fight with Iron Man in Avengers.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thorson: In AOU he took bullets from the Quinjet so I guess they just had him take cover for dramatic effect

alexandru84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By alexandru84

I think they powered him down from the first movie,and in the avengers he is really powered down. Think about the first Thor movie. He took a blast from Odin's spear in Odin's chamber. Later he destroyed the Bifrost, that resulted in a massive explosion, that who knows what elements or particles .

After that in the first avengers Loki stabs him with some word of knife and we see him bleed, before that he took a blast from iron man at 470% power and didn't even blinked, WTF?

In TTDW he took a great beating from Kurse, and ended up with a few scratches and a little red on his chick. And remember Kurse destroyed the shield surrounding the shield generator around odin's palace. After that he got hit with the aether(infinity gem) and just got knocked down. And yeah after that he went into the whirlwind of the aether that malekith created that supposed to turn all the universe into darkness, so thor was unaffected.

After that in age of ultron he let Ultron hit and toss him around, I know he gave Vision his gran moment, but nonetheless WTF? he could have taken Ultron all by himself. And after that he survived that super blast when they destroyed that floating part of sokovia or whatever was called.

So I think that in his own movie Thor is more powerful than in the avengers.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: When did he take quinjet fire?

In AoU when Ultron got in the jet right before going after Hawkeye & the kid. You see taking fire & getting pushed to the ground from it.

antithetical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@del_torro said:

@uugieboogie: When did he take quinjet fire?

In AoU when Ultron got in the jet right before going after Hawkeye & the kid. You see taking fire & getting pushed to the ground from it.

Yep, it was a brief scene, but would've been better had he just stood there and taken the barrage without damage, but of course that would have just shown him to be far above the other Avengers (except for Hulk) and people would question why everyone else needed to be even be on the team. idk, maybe chalk it up to he's never had to face projectile fire before and he was simply reacting as everyone else and not being aware of what the bullets would actually do. So in effect saying "better safe than sorry".

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, it was a brief scene, but would've been better had he just stood there and taken the barrage without damage, but of course that would have just shown him to be far above the other Avengers (except for Hulk) and people would question why everyone else needed to be even be on the team. idk, maybe chalk it up to he's never had to face projectile fire before and he was simply reacting as everyone else and not being aware of what the bullets would actually do. So in effect saying "better safe than sorry".

Yeah he had to test the waters lmao. But I just rewatched AoU everyone kept saying how Jocasta said Thor couldn't destroy the city on his own which is completely false. Iron Man said "Well if I get Thor to hit it" & Jocasta replied w/ "It'll crack it & if its not enough the impact would still be devastating". Basically he would've busted it but wouldn't have been vaporized to the point the debris couldn't do damage. Kind of like on the first Thor when he he broke ice against the frost giants it was big chunks.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Maybe a nuclear warhead. A regular ballistic air missile could "stun" him momentarily maybe.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
    Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@enyalios said:

There has not been anything shown in the movies that would harm Thor. Iron Man's suit is clearly meant to be the most technologically advanced and powerful piece of human technology and not only did none of his hits really phase him, it was quite clear that Thor was capable of ripping it apart. Bullets had no affect on Loki, so they would not likely have any affect on Thor even if it was not explicitly shown. Captain America's shield bounced off his head with no affect. The phase two weapons which were designed to actually harm the Asgardians didn't. As for Thor ducking out of the way of the bullets, even Hulk was trying to cover up from those same bullets, just like he has done in every Hulk movie to date. Would it kill him, no but like Fifthchild noted above, it doesn't mean its going to be enjoyable. Stand there and let me pelt you with a bunch of paintballs. And as far as the Hulk trap, there is nothing expressed in there that the trap would have killed him. It was afterall designed by people who made a weapon to harm Asgardians that couldn't even harm Loki's clothing. Even Loki he put him in the trap didn't seem to actually think it worked considering that right after he did it, he bragged to Coulson that their champions were scattered, not that he had just killed Thor, nor did he refute Tony when he mentions having Thor on their team later.

The only times showed any injury at all in Avengers was during his fight with Hulk, where he walked away with a slight bloodied lip (that he smiled about) and when Loki stabbed him with his dagger, a weapon one assumes was designed on Asgard for the expressed purpose of harming Asgardians and beings of a similar nature (otherwise why make them). Then again, Odin's spear didn't leave a scratch on him either so who knows.

In TDW Kurse is the only being that seemed to actually give him problems and was likely capable of beating him as he was clearly Thor's physical superior in that movie (which is in keeping with the comics). Even then, a couple of scratches and another token bloody lip and he was fine after a few minutes. His fight with the Aether-enhanced Maleketh was basically a draw since the only think that was giving him problems was the gravitational anomalies that kept sucking them in the portals.

In A:AoU only Scarlet Witches powers did anything to him. Even that fight at the end with Ultron there was no point where he looked like he was in danger, calmly telling Vision he was running out of things to say and didn't seem really phased after when they were talking about Mjolnir's balance (personally I think that was done to give Thor and Vision more of a bonding moment to try to add something similar to the relationship Tony and Bruce enjoy). It was annoying that they did not show that whole fight considering they allowed both Tony and Steve to contend with him so I was curious how Whedon was going to work with that but it appears that, sadly, he choose not to and simply glossed over it.

Its possible based on what was shown that the Hulk Buster armor might be able to do some harm to him (considering he did knock out the Hulk with it) but even than I doubt it would do much more than give him another bloody lip for his troubles.

So in short, there are no mortal weapons so far that have demonstrated any capability to harm Thor in the MCU.

Nuke>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hulk Buster Armor

FOSTINOE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna say none.

Thor walked right into the middle of "an activated aether storm"... The Aether is said to "transmute matter to dark matter"

And the rainbow bridge explosion as well. Then There's the sokovia explosion tanking

Thor tanked all of these point blank. Nufn on earth could possibly harm him

ThunderPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fostinoe said:

I'm gonna say none.

Thor walked right into the middle of "an activated aether storm"... The Aether is said to "transmute matter to dark matter"

And the rainbow bridge explosion as well. Then There's the sokovia explosion tanking

Thor tanked all of these point blank. Nufn on earth could possibly harm him

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.