What gods do you want to see Thor fight ?

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I'm not talking about Gods in Asgard or Olympus, but gods in other pantheons.

#2 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

jesus(if he really is a god as people say)

horus

#3 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: You can't really put Jesus down as a choice cause well...just cause. Horus on the other hand coils be interesting because we haven't seen a lot of Egyptian god in comics .

#4 Posted by HaveAtThee (581 posts) - - Show Bio

A buddy team-up with Quetzalcoatl where they start out as "enemies" and duke it out with their Earth/Elemental powers, but they become allies and use their power to reverse-engineer climate change.

#5 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180:

you are not one of those "types" are you?

#6 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson: Dude Jesus really ? He is at best a Demi God no where near on the same level as Thor

#7 Posted by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio

@z3ro180:

@thorson said:

jesus(if he really is a god as people say)

horus

S*** would hit the fan if Aaron pulled this one off. But then again, I wouldn't put it past Aaron to do that given his blatant use of Christian symbolism in Godbomb. Aaron's an atheist so I wouldn't be wholly blown away if he did this to pi$$ people off.

#8 Edited by kgb725 (6440 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (506 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf? That wouldn't be offensive at all...

#10 Posted by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf? That wouldn't be offensive at all...

Thor has had some interesting written issues about Christianity you know.

#11 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18969 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I might laugh my ass off indefinitely if they tried to do something like that with Thor.

Then again, I can see many more people getting pissed off than having my reaction too :3

#12 Posted by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio

@fallschirmjager: Nah I'm sure they'd be pi$$ed at the former with a Norse God facing the supposed one and true messiah of God "I would have words with thee about thine bath robe!" would be a non sensical line that I'd love to see in said match up! :P

#13 Edited by Fernando072295REBORN (506 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yes I do know. I also know those issues don't go past indirect shots at prayer answering. Not beating Jesus with a hammer.

#14 Edited by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2094 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@fallschirmjager: Nah I'm sure they'd be pi$$ed at the former with a Norse God facing the supposed one and true messiah of God "I would have words with thee about thine bath robe!" would be a non sensical line that I'd love to see in said match up! :P

LMFAO this just turned into a Jesus vs Thor thread You know that's 2 great ideas we should talk to Aaron about for his Thor run the Alcoholics Anonymous story and Thor vs Jesus.

#16 Posted by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Yes I do know. I also know those issues don't go past indirect shots at prayer answering. Not beating Jesus with a hammer.

Hey I'm just joking with these comments. Calm down my friend, nothing more than some light humour going on here. If you are a Christian, no need to take offense. That is what I meant you know. In these sort of issues, Thor often meets Christians who discuss with him their faith, their prayers and how his presence often shakes that faith etc. Evidently, if any of the ideas we proposed were taken upon by Marvel, the controversial backlash would ruin them and I do mean ruin them. Given America being a strongly Christian country, any issue criticising their God wholly would be a bad idea on Marvel's part and isn't likely to happen for obvious reasons.

#18 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (2094 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Edited by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

Some powerful indian god, like Shiva. Not something too docile. Maybe against Susano-o.

#20 Posted by Fernando072295REBORN (506 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger:

I'm aware. I am calm. What implies that I'm not? I didn't. Yes, I do know.

@matteopg:

It got rectonned, but originally the intention was for Thor have beaten Shiva. Fans complained though IIRC.

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Shiva.

Thor needs to fight and beat Shiva . . . again.

#22 Posted by HaveAtThee (581 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes for an interesting pitch for an event involving all of the Earth-based Marvel pantheons. A war between the gods. It would make Civil War look like tea-time.

#23 Edited by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio

@fernando072295reborn: It just sounded like you might have taken offense and I was taking the time to dispel any notions or concerns you had about what I was discussing earlier.

#24 Posted by Lvenger (21241 posts) - - Show Bio

On a more serious, non Christian related note, seeing Thor tackle Mesopotamian gods or gods from a more primitive religion/cult/mythology would be interesting for me.

#25 Posted by Bezza (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor v Zeus!

#26 Edited by logy5000 (6167 posts) - - Show Bio

Even if you don't believe in Jesus, at least have enough decency to care about how you may make others feel.

#27 Posted by Reactor (2674 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion of the New Gods. I dare ANY of you to say you wouldn't open your wallets to see a special issue of "The God of Thunder vs The Dog of War".

#28 Posted by logy5000 (6167 posts) - - Show Bio

@reactor said:

Orion of the New Gods. I dare ANY of you to say you wouldn't open your wallets to see a special issue of "The God of Thunder vs The Dog of War".

The Dog of War. I'd love to see that.

#29 Edited by Fernando072295REBORN (506 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Well how very noble of you sir.

#30 Edited by Perethorn (3802 posts) - - Show Bio

-Orion

-Darkseid

-DC Ares

-Quetzalcoatl

-Tlaloc

-Horus

-Osiris

-Zeus

-Bills

#31 Posted by THORSON (2518 posts) - - Show Bio

-Orion

-Darkseid

-DC Ares

-Quetzalcoatl

-Tlaloc

-Horus

-Osiris

-Zeus

-Bills

some of those have been done before

#32 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always wanted to see Thor fight Poseidon.

#33 Posted by Bezza (3863 posts) - - Show Bio

First born...

#34 Posted by Thurdazz1313 (49 posts) - - Show Bio

I Agree there needs to be a knew War of the Gods , Thor vs. Orion would be excellent , To our offended Christian brethren DC did a Jesus vs Olympus in Wonder Woman, As for the Shiva Fight a rematch on neutral ground would be awesome , the original fight had Thor at a disadvantage on SHIVA's realm so Thor transported them to Asgard where he had the advantage. The original reason for the fight was godly politics, give them a real reason to throw down. Thor has battled Horus they did multiple runs of Thor vs Egyptian pantheon. Horus, Seth, Amon Ra ect. There have been a few God Wars in recent years Dark Gods, Ares God of war ,Chaos King, God Butcher, Secret Invasions (God Squad), But these usually focus on one God ( Thor /Hercules) w/ some allies They should do a Big multiple pantheon War or New Gods Marvel Gods Vs Darkseid & some of Marvels ancient Evils Satur ,Ymir, Thanos, combined powers of the Death Gods. Crazy Epic crossover

#35 Edited by Bo88gdan (4673 posts) - - Show Bio

Hades

#36 Posted by mikex20 (2776 posts) - - Show Bio

Apedemak

Tlaloc

Shinto

Futsunushi

Virtus

Bugid Y Aiba

Reshepg

Great Gish

Winalagalis

Daichsun Tngri

Wurrukatte

Indra

Ku

Anhur

Camulus

Haikili

Haokah

Adad

HadadLei Gong

Raiden

Xolotl

Tiamat

Triglav

#37 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000: What ? Dude if you are offend then complain on the Internet because that will totally work out.

#38 Edited by New_World_Order (13516 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not really a god, but Gilgamesh.

Also Orion, Darkseid and Wonder Woman.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.