What Does This Mean?

#1 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this scan refer to the ability to the striking power of mjolnir itself, or to how hard Thor can throw mjolnir?

#2 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone?

#3 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they are exclusive. His might coupled with the hammers heft is the most likely answer.

#4 Posted by God_Spawn (38407 posts) - - Show Bio

Patience is a virtue. A 15 minute in a single character forum? Psh.

Moderator Online
#5 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Both.

#6 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@gravitypress said:

I don't think they are exclusive. His might coupled with the hammers heft is the most likely answer.

So both?

#7 Edited by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats what I would guess as nobody but Thor can really use it. People have but not often or for long.

#8 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@gravitypress said:

Thats what I would guess as nobody but Thor can really use it. People have but not often or for long.

So how can his hammer ON ITS OWN strike that hard?

#9 Posted by gravitypress (2066 posts) - - Show Bio

@marvelfanboy: Well its a tool with no moving parts. It would only be as useful as the arm behind it. I'm not sure if it has any fields or charges that increase its kinetic power.

#10 Posted by marvelfanboy (509 posts) - - Show Bio

@gravitypress said:

@marvelfanboy: Well its a tool with no moving parts. It would only be as useful as the arm behind it. I'm not sure if it has any fields or charges that increase its kinetic power.

Okay.

#11 Posted by Walker696 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a magical item, its not a tool. The science behind it means nothing. As for the answer it depends at times because even Thor stated that at times it can have a mind of its own, even striking people to protect Thor(I will try to find the scan). But usually its both.........on a side note I kind of figured Hulk has earned the right to move by now.....just a random thought

#12 Posted by majestic99 (8637 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696 said:

Its a magical item, its not a tool. The science behind it means nothing. As for the answer it depends at times because even Thor stated that at times it can have a mind of its own, even striking people to protect Thor(I will try to find the scan). But usually its both.........on a side note I kind of figured Hulk has earned the right to move by now.....just a random thought

Do you have the scan now?

#13 Posted by Walker696 (980 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't find the scan and I can't remember if it came from a herc book or a Thor book but I do know it took place in Olympus Thor threw his hammer and when it came back it struck ares who was sneaking up behind him. That's when he told herc at times the hammer has a mind of its own. It was an old story where Thor helped herc because Olympus was attacked

#14 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Mjolnir on its own can hit very very hard, but with Thor's strength and willpower behind it, it is taken to a new level of destruction

#15 Posted by NerdsFTW (3732 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

Mjolnir on its own can hit very very hard, but with Thor's strength and willpower behind it, it is taken to a new level of destruction

Okay.

@gravitypress: Can you comment in the thread I just created on this forum?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.